Author Topic: Mod/File locations  (Read 30039 times)

fear

• View Profile
Mod/File locations
« on: 2004-12-23 05:30:36 »
ok i was wondering where are all these files you speak of located....i've seen many mentions of some sephrioth mod/file whatever and such but i dont' see where to get them at...isn't there a topic with all the files and their location/download path? if so maybe i'm just blind and then you can flame me and give me the link  :)

uhh o yeah i'm new nice forum  :wink:

Qhimm

• Founder
    • View Profile
    • Qhimm.com
Mod/File locations
« Reply #1 on: 2004-12-23 08:30:11 »
Good question. So good, in fact, that I'm moving the topic to the FAQ.

It would no doubt be a good idea to create a common file repository for released mods, or at the very least a common topic/forum with the current links.

Suggestions, regulars?

fear

• View Profile
Mod/File locations
« Reply #2 on: 2004-12-23 21:15:53 »
well i thought it would be just one topic with all the mods in them but what your saying does make sense. Like you could have a indivual topic for each mod/ patch and people could discuss their problems with-in the related topic.. is that what you mean?

EmperorSteele

• View Profile
Mod/File locations
« Reply #3 on: 2004-12-24 03:58:48 »
I have the high-res cloud path, the hand patch, and the official fixes (as well as the chocobo patch) on my site here:  http://www.ff7-universe.com/download.html

Feel free to add this link to the FAQ =)

fear

• View Profile
Mod/File locations
« Reply #4 on: 2004-12-24 04:15:14 »
Thanks Emperorsteele nice site  :)

Mod/File locations
« Reply #5 on: 2004-12-24 09:08:25 »
Quote from: Qhimm
Suggestions, regulars?

If it's going to stay localized like this, either a single sticky thread like what's currently happening, or bribe Aaron to host everything, since he has bandwidth. ;)
If we want this to be an all-ecompassing repository (in other words *every* semi-useful file that's ever appeared here--and I have most of them), then I'd suggest Bit Torrent. Most big public trackers probably won't mind one of us submitting a compendium torrent to them.

Aaron

• View Profile
    • http://aaron-kelley.net/
Mod/File locations
« Reply #6 on: 2004-12-24 16:24:01 »
If it's going to stay localized like this, either a single sticky thread like what's currently happening, or bribe Aaron to host everything, since he has bandwidth. ;)

You know, if you want to make an "all-emcompassing repository," then I'm all for it...  I can set up some FTP account for people to submit things and public web directory for people to look through it.

EmperorSteele

• View Profile
Mod/File locations
« Reply #7 on: 2004-12-25 03:12:23 »
Well, ordinarily, that'd be a bad idea; too easy to spread virus's around.

However, the ff7 modding community is fairly closly knit (pretty much this site, and gamevn or something like that, and i -guess- animevamp), and i don't think too many people would bother uploading a virus that'd only affect like, 100 people at most, as most people who even HAVE ff7 pc are unaware of patches and mods for it..

I think perhaps at least a signup option should be in order so you can track who uploads what.  Just for precautions sake.

fear

• View Profile
Mod/File locations
« Reply #8 on: 2004-12-25 03:17:13 »
my little idea....it grows... :lol:

I think perhaps at least a signup option should be in order so you can track who uploads what. Just for precautions sake

yeah that would make sense

Aaron

• View Profile
Mod/File locations
« Reply #9 on: 2004-12-25 03:52:15 »
If I were to do it, I think I would make the name/pass required to upload stuff available by request only.  My FTP server already logs the IP address of who connects and who uploads what, and everything runs through the virus scanner, with definitions updated reguarly... though, I guess someone could upload something that isn't detected or something in a compressed format that the scanner won't read if they tried hard enough.

Anyway, if someone wants to go ahead with this, PM me for FTP login info and I'll get it set up, and throw in the files I have.

Anonymous

Mod/File locations
« Reply #10 on: 2004-12-25 04:02:26 »
Aaron

• View Profile
Mod/File locations
« Reply #11 on: 2004-12-25 04:13:09 »
No, it scans common archive formats (zip, rar, iso, etc.), but if it can't scan inside it, the file will just come through as clean.  I guess I could be more strict about this, but I've never had a reason to be.

I'm not that worried about it though.  I think it's unlikely that someone would try to sneak a virus up in there (keeping in mind that people would have to request the name/pass before they can upload something).

Anonymous

Mod/File locations
« Reply #12 on: 2004-12-25 04:28:22 »
Qhimm

• Founder
    • View Profile
    • Qhimm.com
Mod/File locations
« Reply #13 on: 2004-12-25 09:44:15 »
Ironically I was working on a file repository part of the site a while back... to be integrated into these forums, somewhat (shared user database and whatnot). Maybe I should actually get around to finishing it.

yoshi314

• View Profile
umm...
« Reply #14 on: 2004-12-25 21:30:53 »
btw. does anyone know the estimate on how many 'mods' are there to ff7/ff8 ? [i'm not counting those soundfonts/music stuff/standard bugfixes, there are propably _tons_ of them altogether]

Goku7

• View Profile
Mod/File locations
« Reply #15 on: 2005-05-22 08:36:51 »
I think I saw that Useful Links Topic thread still stickied in Game Tweaking....lest we forget all those links. :P

Quote from: Qhimm
Ironically I was working on a file repository part of the site a while back... to be integrated into these forums, somewhat (shared user database and whatnot). Maybe I should actually get around to finishing it.

If you don't mind me asking, would this be related in any way to the latent "attach to post" ability these PHP-type forums are supposed to have, or are we talkin' about something more akin to Mirex' Trash bin here?

xspudx

• View Profile
Mod/File locations
« Reply #16 on: 2005-06-01 18:03:41 »
Quote from: Ged
The Sephiroth Patch (for TNT patch version) is available here..
The Sephiroth Patch (for normal version) is available here..

whats the tnt version?

ice_cold513

• View Profile
Mod/File locations
« Reply #17 on: 2005-06-01 18:16:42 »
Quote from: xspudx
Quote from: Ged
The Sephiroth Patch (for TNT patch version) is available here..
The Sephiroth Patch (for normal version) is available here..

whats the tnt version?

Plz download it and read the FAQ

EmperorSteele

• View Profile
Mod/File locations
« Reply #18 on: 2005-06-01 20:31:12 »
It blows up.

No, seriosuly, tnt is a type of nvidia graphics card, so the sephy patch was altered a bit to work with it.. or sumthing.

ice_cold513

• View Profile
Mod/File locations
« Reply #19 on: 2005-06-02 09:40:08 »
Quote from: EmperorSteele
It blows up.

No, seriosuly, tnt is a type of nvidia graphics card, so the sephy patch was altered a bit to work with it.. or sumthing.

Yep that what i was going to say but im not home and dont have alot of time so i just said read the Faq.

Cazador

• View Profile
Re: Mod/File locations
« Reply #20 on: 2006-09-10 04:10:05 »
that mod FTP site sounds awesome  :-D

Asdayasman13

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2006-09-11 15:40:32 »
1 year and 1 season ago...  Guess that makes that necromancy.

Now someone else beat me, why aren't there any more links?
Like:
dziugo's break damage limit and laysan3's memory dumper (hint hint)

Alhexx

• View Profile
    • http://www.alhexx.com
« Reply #22 on: 2006-09-11 18:37:38 »
Oh bloody hell...

I think we should finally start banning people for ressurecting dead topics...  :x

Quote from: Asdayasman13
Now someone else beat me, why aren't there any more links?
Because this is a dead topic.

- Alhexx