Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] Multiple mods and Modding Framework-The Reunion [R06f]  (Read 3008243 times)

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] Multiple mods - The Reunion (R05c)
« Reply #4300 on: 2018-10-02 15:25:16 »
There isn't, because reunion eradicates bugs (as in definite bugs) as standard.   Your choice is not to use Reunion - or to recode the bug back in.  Part of the reunion's main process is to remove bugs and make the game better - not to leave bugs in and make things worse.

In other words, no one is forcing you to install The Reunion.  If I start adding in options for bugs, I'd have to code in hundreds of IF statements to field code as well.  It's not feasible.

If I did add an option, it would just be a blanket "no fixes"  - which would leave a rather crippled game.  It's like asking for the frame limiter to be left bugged out.

Finally, who needs W-item glitch when they have your tool to change all weapons and armours and cheat as they want?
« Last Edit: 2018-10-02 15:59:42 by DLPB »

KnifeTheSky77

• Somnambulistic Paraphile
    • View Profile
« Reply #4301 on: 2018-10-02 16:59:43 »
That's not a bug, it's a feature!

Matski

• View Profile
« Reply #4302 on: 2018-10-05 23:35:44 »
The sentiment is that Tifa is worried that he will go off his head.  She knows he was never a Soldier. ;)  It's also as she says at the same time - that she has a disdain for the army / Shin-Ra / war.  It can be interpreted a number of ways but the line as far as I have ever seen it translated is "Does it remind you of being in Soldier.  I hope not."

Does she know for sure? At that stage of the game, my impression was that she doesn't know what to believe and is privately trying to piece it together: She knows that something is off as she remembers Zack turning up four years ago. But she can't comprehend how Cloud knows specific details that noone else should know, such as Sephiroth cutting her down in the reactor and the injury it caused - hence her questions to Cloud at the end of the Kalm Flashback. I figured this line was another example of her probing him, under the guise of a joke while also stating where she stands on the idea.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #4303 on: 2018-10-05 23:53:13 »
She remembers clearly that Cloud never came to Niblheim. 

She only finds out she is wrong in Midhir - that he did join as a normal grunt and that he was present.  But you're right that she doesn't understand how he can know things when he wasn't there - so there are parts where the intention is probing also.

But she makes it clear that when she tried to ask about things like that, he was going distant.

The line above it translated correctly.  It isn't the attention of the writers to make it crystal clear to the audience. 

--

In other news, saving on the Midgardsormr marshland has been removed, which fixes the avoid Midgardsormr exploit. 

Entry 226 on Other Bugs

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1DUjmyW94zcYoX7gIW5yAT4giTPeNmCR4TCaHAiXOLlU/edit#gid=235822118
« Last Edit: 2018-10-05 23:57:34 by DLPB »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #4304 on: 2018-10-06 00:17:45 »
I've had a look at saving on the Wutai bridge and I don't see any reason why it shouldn't be allowed [it's easy to put it back in the game].  Even though it moves, it's not by much - and my own save tests so far seem to work fine on it.

Battles on the other hand have purposely been disabled with a flag also (same flag is used to stop random battles in marsh).  If this flag is lifted, the Wutai bridge battles work fine.  I think this was a total oversight and that the flag was left enabled on this terrain type by accident. 

- Fixed.

Edit

ff7.exe "Battles are disabled on Wutai bridges.

[I cannot see any reason why they did this. Formations exist for this terrain and there doesn't seem to be any logical reason why they would have been disabled.]]"   DynamixDJ   DLPB   R06
ff7.exe

"Player cannot save on Wutai bridges.

[I used to think this was disabled because the bridge moves and it could cause issues when reloading the game, but tests so far show this not to be the case.  Reinstated.]"   Everyone   DLPB   R06

« Last Edit: 2018-10-06 10:07:05 by DLPB »

shikun

• View Profile
« Reply #4305 on: 2018-10-06 12:15:20 »
I think another implication with Tifa is that she doubts her own memories a bit as well, since she went comatose after being slashed by Sephiroth.

But as Dan said, the main reason she only gently prods and even lies to Cloud at times (in Gongaga, she exaggeratedly compliments Cloud on becoming a Soldier... maybe she was hoping to make him realise it didn’t happen?) is that Cloud “goes somewhere distant” when she brings it up, which something that finally makes sense to me after translating the Japanese, and yet another thing that was lost in the original translation.

The original states that shes scared Cloud will go away/leave her if she confronts him about the truth (... which is a silly fear, and would mean Cloud is a really touchy person), whereas the japanese script actually means that he dissapears into himself, he spaces out, faints, etc. (as we see him do many times in the game) whenever Tifa tries to get the truth out of him.

(side-note: Tifa goes comatose 3 separate times (for several days each time!) in the game: first time as a kid falling off the bridge in Mt Nibl; second time after getting slashed by Seph; third time knocked out by Weapon on the Highwind fleeing Northern Crater... this poor woman i swear)

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #4306 on: 2018-10-06 13:13:42 »
Hah- that's pretty interesting ;)

My bug quest goes on also...

For Weapon mod, Midgardsormr won't respawn. It will be a super boss.  I've worked out how to do it now.

Made me think actually - when we see the Midgardsormr killed by Sephiroth, it always makes little sense that there would then still be one out there.  So maybe Choco Bill - Greane - whatever - means there is more than one after all?  That it's plural?

That would then explain why we see one dead and yet they keep respawning.

Melancholy

• View Profile
« Reply #4307 on: 2018-10-06 21:35:05 »
Made me think actually - when we see the Midgardsormr killed by Sephiroth, it always makes little sense that there would then still be one out there.  So maybe Choco Bill - Greane - whatever - means there is more than one after all?  That it's plural?

That would then explain why we see one dead and yet they keep respawning.
That was always what I assumed was happening. Actually, when I was a kid I always thought that Sephiroth killed the mother and now all the babies are chasing after me when I crossed the swamp. Which in my mind made perfect sense because everyone was scared of the big Midgardsormr (which is why Choco Bill said singular) but once she was killed in impressive fashion by Sephiroth, her children were now out in force for revenge (which is why they would respawn and were pretty easy to defeat).
« Last Edit: 2018-10-06 21:39:43 by Melancholy »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #4308 on: 2018-10-07 11:28:11 »
Charlie Beer has also been of the opinion this is plural.  We discussed this a while back but I forgot.  Anyway, here it is:

Grean
“With a chocobo,you can zip
  through the wetlands in one go.”{NEW}
“That’s the only way you’ll
  avoid being attacked by
  a Midgardsormr.”
------------------------------
Grean
“What’s a Midgardsormr?”
Grean
“They’re these huge snake-like monsters—
  almost 10 metres tall!!”
Grean
“They listen for the squelching sounds
  of those moving through the wetlands.”
Grean
“And then WHAM,
  you’ve had it!!!”
Grean
“You don’t want to end up like
  that,so please buy a chocobo!”{NEW}
“To purchase one,talk to my
  grandson. He’s in the stable…
  The building on the far right
  of the farm.”
Grean
“That reminds me… Earlier there
  was someone heading towards
  the wetlands.”{NEW}
“Crossing there without a chocobo…
  Those Midgardsormrs will have had
  him for breakfast. He was wearing
  this pitch-black cloak,too…”
« Last Edit: 2018-10-07 11:55:58 by DLPB »

Matski

• View Profile
« Reply #4309 on: 2018-10-07 14:56:52 »
I think another implication with Tifa is that she doubts her own memories a bit as well, since she went comatose after being slashed by Sephiroth.

Yeah, this gets to the point. Just to moan about a common criticism often made against Tifa: "why didn't she just come out and tell everyone that Cloud is lying?" - the fact that she was in critical condition/close to comatose at such a key moment means she's not the most reliable witness and can't account for everything that happened. I wouldn't blame her for doubting what she knows. Even if she wanted to (she doesn't) she's not in the strongest position to call Cloud out. And if she did, all it would accomplish is dividing the party and pushing Cloud away. Her decision to keep what she remembers to herself and secretly seek out the truth actually makes sense.

As for what she does know, I disagree with the notion that (as of getting on the boat at Junon) Tifa knows Cloud didn't make it into Soldier but agree that she believes he never returned to Niblheim with Sephiroth. Him not returning doesn't automatically dismiss his claims to also getting into Soldier. And considering he looks the part all the way down to the mako-glow eyes...

Anyway, thanks for clearing things up DLBP and shikun.
« Last Edit: 2018-10-14 10:55:41 by Matski »

VerticalUplink

• View Profile
« Reply #4310 on: 2018-10-07 22:05:41 »
-DLPB

Hey man, first off thanks for the stellar work on your mods, I've used them for a long time and will continue to do so for as long as you work on them.

I'm setting up for another playthrough and noticed that Anxious Heart is unsupported now and that you're planning on folding it into The Reunion in the next patch (RO6). Are there any other options for music mods I can use until R06 is released?

TY

shikun

• View Profile
« Reply #4311 on: 2018-10-08 00:17:04 »
You hit the nail on the head. Tifa was always my favorite character in the game, and examining and re-examining her lines through this translation process has only enhanced that, making that percieved "plot-hole" of her not telling the truth into a heartbreaking, and understandable, character flaw.

And you're very right, she does most probably believe Cloud became a Soldier, even if she knows he didnt come to Niblheim. Her complimenting Cloud in Gongaga is probably her trying to convince herself that "it's ok, I probably have it wrong, he was a Soldier after all, etc.", or maybe shes even trying to stop Cloud from remembering Zax if in fact he knew him, which would trigger his "going distant" (this whole scene happens after meeting Zax's parents).

I double-checked all this points you mentioned as well, Matski, and yep:
1) Tifa's reacts the same in Japanese, worry in the guise of a joke.
2) Dio says literally "I met Sephiroth recently" in the letter. just casually ya know.
3) Barret had never been to Cosmo Canyon, and Avalanche was initially formed by some dude who studied in Cosmo Canyon and then moved to Midgar. this is actually a plot point in Crisis Core i believe? but, we don't speak of that game.

Rookie_One

• View Profile
« Reply #4312 on: 2018-10-08 13:34:15 »
3) Barret had never been to Cosmo Canyon, and Avalanche was initially formed by some dude who studied in Cosmo Canyon and then moved to Midgar. this is actually a plot point in Crisis Core i believe? but, we don't speak of that game.

It's actually a plot point in Before Crisis, the mobile game where you played as a turk

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #4313 on: 2018-10-08 15:52:47 »
-DLPB

Hey man, first off thanks for the stellar work on your mods, I've used them for a long time and will continue to do so for as long as you work on them.

I'm setting up for another playthrough and noticed that Anxious Heart is unsupported now and that you're planning on folding it into The Reunion in the next patch (RO6). Are there any other options for music mods I can use until R06 is released?

TY

Someone uploaded the pack on a separate thread recently.
https://mega.nz/#!TjxzRT7B!BA5w-RSGXdKtCLiH06JwLQKibBVym5ISX0QL7nEwXOI

I misjudged how long The Reunion R06 would take to complete and it's turned in to a new modding solution at the same time... so.

Also check Steam boards.  Pretty sure someone linked a full copy of AH there too. Other than that, no. It's just a waiting game.

Chrome

• View Profile
« Reply #4314 on: 2018-10-11 12:19:35 »
Hi DLPB.
Thanks for your efforts.
Just looking through the 'Beacause Japanese Proof Check by Charlie Beer' spreadsheet. Sheet CB4, row 7 seems to have been messed up. Columns out of order and Corrected Text missing. Just curious if you changed it to thread or left it as wire.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #4315 on: 2018-10-11 14:43:44 »
There's no corruption there that I can see.  Possibly your browser is doing it.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #4316 on: 2018-10-11 23:05:08 »
ff7.exe   Yes   Shield materia will normally ignore potions (and other items), but this fails when W-Item is used instead of the normal Item command.   DynamixDJ   DLPB   R06

Fixed.

ff7.exe   Yes   "If Master Command is linked to HP Absorb, MP Absorb, Added Attack, or Added Steal,
the support materia will affect the commands Atk, 2x Atk, 4x Atk, Strike, Iainuki, Item and D-Item."   ff7.fr   DLPB   R06

And fixed.
« Last Edit: 2018-10-12 02:32:32 by DLPB »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #4317 on: 2018-10-14 22:36:17 »
Battle   Yes   "Poison is not truly an Elemental and a Status.  Due to either poor programming, poor design, or an oversight, the following will happen:

If Poison elemental damage is nullified or absorbed, the status (regular deductions of HP) will never be inflicted.

If the Poison status is protected against, then the elemental damage (initial HP damage) is also impossible to inflict.

This also means that Poison Ring is totally broken, as it will only ever drain 0 HP. "   "ff7.fr

White Wind

DLPB"   DLPB   R06

Fixed.  That one was tricky!

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #4318 on: 2018-10-21 15:16:48 »
Tested on my new laptop and all went without a hitch.  At least I know there's no issue with installation now.

the_randomizer85

• View Profile
« Reply #4319 on: 2018-10-21 17:46:59 »
Tested on my new laptop and all went without a hitch.  At least I know there's no issue with installation now.

Awesome to hear

Spooniest

• View Profile
« Reply #4320 on: 2018-10-27 09:28:01 »
Made an account to say thank you.

... Also sort of to express my condolences on how batcrap crazy this fanbase is. It's pant-soilingly stupid to me that you have to defend your retranslation with polemics the way you do.

Cheers. "There's no getting off this train we're on..."

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #4321 on: 2018-10-29 12:23:32 »

Cheers. "There's no getting off this train we're on..."

How true.

Thanks for your kind words, and nae worries!

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #4322 on: 2018-10-30 22:59:05 »
Speaking with Charlie Beer/Shikun about the Gongaga dialogue that he flagged up, and we've finally come to a consensus on how the scene is meant to be played out.  It doesn't make much sense to have Leno talking about some person we never see.  It's far more likely that he means Zeng and Aerith.

Old:
Code: [Select]
{CLOUD}
“Someone’s there…”
Leno
“Hey,Rude.
  Who do you like?”
Leno
“What are you goin’ red for?
  Who do you like?”
Rude
“…{TIFA}.”
Leno
“O-oh…”
Leno
“So we’re in the same boat,eh?
  Like we even have a chance with them…”
Leno
“But poor Yrena. You know
  she has a thing for you,yeh?”
Rude
“Nah,she’s into Zeng.”
Leno
“News to me.
  But Zeng likes that Ancient girl.”

New.  A few small cheats to make the correct translation work properly, but we *think* we have this right now.
Code: [Select]
{CLOUD}
“Someone’s there…”
Leno
“Hey,Rude.
  Who do you like?”
Leno
“What’s with the red face?
  Come on,who do you like?”
Rude
“…{TIFA}.”
Leno
“O-oh…”
Leno
“So,you’re in the same boat
  as Zeng is,eh? Y’know,with
  the Ancient girl…”
Leno
“But Poor Yrena.
  She has a thing for you,yeh?”
Rude
“Nah,she’s in to Zeng.”
Leno
“Really!?”
« Last Edit: 2018-10-30 23:00:39 by DLPB »

Mabinog

• View Profile
« Reply #4323 on: 2018-10-31 04:37:38 »
Hi. I recently found this translation because I was curious if anyone had attempted to retranslate FF7. I agree that the official translation was flawed, and this project looks interesting. Thanks for all the hard work.

I have a question: is it possible to get this retranslation to work on the PlayStation 4 version of the game? I think I already know the answer, but I figured I'd ask anyway. Thanks!

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #4324 on: 2018-10-31 15:46:25 »
Assuming ps4 version uses same files and has no check, it will be to some extent - but how to do it I have no idea.