Author Topic: Project Edge (Jusete's field scenes)  (Read 400847 times)

jusete

• https://www.paypal.me/JRGV
    • View Profile
    • Donate here
Re: Jusete´s field scenes
« Reply #300 on: 2018-08-28 23:36:29 »
hey, i just fixed mine. I found a way to edit te UV´s in sketchup xD.

To be honest, I preffer mine. I love the detail in yours but is too dark and the walls look weird. It´s about likes and dislikes but I preffer to have a fantasy look instead too much realistic. Anyways, as kuraudo sais, need to focus on one area to have more consistency so I´m going to finish all the materia caves to have all the zz´s fields finished. Will see what is next.

UpRisen

• Again... AVALANCHE is born again!
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: 2018-08-29 00:56:34 »
I think jmp's is smoother from a technical standpoint, and its more visually appeasing, albeit a bit too dark, I still like Jussettes more for the game. It just fits the classic feel better in my opinion. You both are incredibly talented and im working towards getting to that level myself.

sl1982

• Administrator
  • GUI Master :P
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: 2018-08-29 01:04:02 »
I like both. Jmp is closer to the original. But i like some of the glowing rock of jusetes better. It is supposed to be a materia cave. So i dont know. Release both and let people decide or maybe collaborate?

DanTsukasa

• View Profile
« Reply #303 on: 2018-08-29 02:04:38 »
I'd like to offer my opinions here, if nobody minds.

JMP's

Yours is theoretically more realistic, but its also a lot rougher, the lack of lighting makes the area look much flatter than the other render.

The texture has more detail, but it has little to no contrast because fo the lighting, its just small details everywhere, there aren't areas that sink in or extrude more than others, which would be more natural for this kind of cave, in short, the current texture is too uniform.

It is quite different from the original games too, but personally, I don't think the original games textures are all that great either, but we'll ignore that because the game is 20 years old, and we haven't seen the high resolution renders.

The fact that its all very much the same colour is also an issue here, the only thing having any influence on the tones is the lighting, and it doesn't seem to be doing much in this particular environment.

The water that runs down, you've made it a lot smoother and look more worn away, which I think adds more realism overall.

Jusettes

The texture resolution is a bit odd looking, especially at the bottom left of the image, where the walls of the cave are at a hard angle, your texture looks flat and stretched, I'm guessing this is because the wall itself is just flat, and not tessellated, you're just relying on bump or normal maps to do the depth for you.

The centerpiece rises up in a way that in itself isn't unnatural, but again its stretched and looks too flat on its edges, such as the top and the sides.

The texture here is still too 'sharp'.
This area has water erosion, suggesting that there was once a fair bit of water in here, and it wore away the cenrepiece over time, smoothing it out before creating a sort of 'rim' at the bottom.

The rim should be very smooth, as shout the areas close to it.

One final point would be that the lighting, the rock has no material, just a texture, its far too shiny for what it would be, it has no real sense of roughness, its just smooth, eventhough the rock itself doesn't look particularly smooth elsewhere.

Both of these are good pieces, with different pro's and cons, and a lot of opinion simply comes down to how well/if someone is trying to emulate the original or not. If not then outside of objective comments such as 'lighting doesn't work that way' or 'rocks can't shape this way unless X happens' everything else is largely subjective, just being down to peoples varying opinions.

This is an odd request but, could you guys perhaps share your scenes as dae files, complete with the lighting and camera setups?

I wouldn't mind a shot at this area myself in all honesty, see what I can put together in Substance Designer.
« Last Edit: 2018-08-29 02:07:52 by DanTsukasa »

KnifeTheSky77

• Somnambulistic Paraphile
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: 2018-08-29 03:30:49 »
The rock material in jmp's version is awesome, however the nuclear-esque colors of jusettes are very fitting for the scenario

jmp434

• https://www.paypal.me/jmp434
    • View Profile
    • Make a donation
« Reply #305 on: 2018-08-29 04:55:50 »
I wanted to basically show him the problems on his map, I even realized that I had created sand rather than water on the map. My texture is actually too dark. that's also what I said to myself and I should still adjust a lot to get my detail. I worked with Substance Painter (it was my test map to learn this program haha)

Salk

• View Profile
« Reply #306 on: 2018-08-30 08:02:38 »
We are dealing with two masters here... :-) Two great guys that are making my day each time I see work from them.

And with them, UpRisen... whose project I am holding at heart and wishing for completion.

Keep it up, guys!

And thanks again!

vigne504

• View Profile
« Reply #307 on: 2018-08-30 13:28:08 »
The work here is so amazing. When these fields are done and applied with the rest of the mods this will become an even better remake than the resident evil remake that was released on GameCube some years ago. The remake that square enix is coming out with will only break my heart with it's assassins Creed like open world, countless tacked on fetch quests, ruined kingdom hearts battle system, and dlc that will contain 50% of the plot. This forum and everyone working on this project is Final Fantasy 7's last hope. I've been a true fan of final fantasy since I first played on super Nintendo and now I'm more excited for the final release of these mods than anything square has released since final fantasy x. I feel like they have betrayed us all and the artists here are finally giving me a reason to smile again 😁. You guys are amazing. I am forever grateful

jusete

• View Profile
    • Donate here
« Reply #308 on: 2018-08-30 17:19:21 »
Thanks for your comments guys!!

Zz5 ready!
No materia

With materia

Donate here

« Last Edit: 2018-08-30 17:41:56 by jusete »

kela51

• View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/killakela51
« Reply #309 on: 2018-08-30 17:32:55 »
I totally love!! Can’t wait to see midgar’s scenes

sl1982

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: 2018-08-30 19:15:12 »
Looks great jusete but just one question. Is there a reason you dont use a multiple of the original image size? If i remember correctly palmer requires it so all your scenes have to be resized.

jusete

• View Profile
    • Donate here
« Reply #311 on: 2018-08-30 19:52:49 »
Oh, I used for this one 4000x4000. As this one is a square I supposed that was fine.

sl1982

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: 2018-08-30 20:00:46 »
Yeah in practice for this one it is fine. Its just a simple resize. For zz1 it wasnt a square so it distorted the image slightly. In reality nobody would notice that one. Just a bit of friendly advice when it comes to rendering things. Take a look at what the original scene is doing. In this case the glow is a seperate layer that the game changes. So the second render where everything glows wasnt really needed. As it stands the scene wont have the pulsating glow unless someone has figured out the palette swap problem.

Anyways here is the scene cut up for the game.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1lsgnM1dWED9jP08LyQkGKoMnEBF_iiTc

jusete

• View Profile
    • Donate here
« Reply #313 on: 2018-08-30 20:59:27 »
Wow, that was so fast. I was about to upload the PSD with all the layers you need but I tested your zz1 import and is amazing so this one will be fine. I didn't realize about the sizes, I'll have that in mind for the next one. Thanks for the advice.

Edit: I tested zz5 in game and it looks amazing. Thank you sl1982 xD
« Last Edit: 2018-08-30 21:24:26 by jusete »

jasmer

• View Profile
« Reply #314 on: 2018-08-31 01:59:00 »
So I have a question not at all related to any scenes/areas you guys are working on yet.

If you ever get around to Aeris' house is anybody going to fix the megahugegiant furniture downstairs? The countertops are face high, the handles on the hutch are over people's heads, it drives me nuts lol

sl1982

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #315 on: 2018-08-31 02:28:49 »
It is unlikely since everyone is generally keeping the same scale when they make their renders.

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: 2018-08-31 04:47:51 »
Mayomaster didn't changed it because we can adjust the size of the models for every scene.

jmp434

• View Profile
    • Make a donation
« Reply #317 on: 2018-09-01 07:14:05 »
Hi merry troupe!

Here is the finished rendering, I am not satisfied with my texture on the underside of buildings so I would do it again.

But you can already have a very big overview of what gives this scene :)

DanTsukasa

• View Profile
« Reply #318 on: 2018-09-01 10:15:55 »
Here is the finished render

Wow, you work fast!Impressive!

I like this, my main critique would be the texture scaling, considering where the camera is, I can see the grain and threads on the giant flags/murals.
If you compare the scale of one of those threads against the window, then I'd say any single thread is going to be roughly as thick as a persons arm, thats way too thick, you'd only notice such details if you were looking at it close up.

From a distance you shouldn't be able to see any of those details, the murals would look pretty flat and lacking in details (save for any actual damage).

Much the same with the upper wall texture, you can see the paint flakes and the unevenness of the wall from this far away, which suggests that all the flakes and marks must be very large to see from the other side of the street.

If I had to add anything, I'd say perhaps a little bit of variation in the door colours and window colours, perhaps some insides to some of those open windows, and an fire escape staircase on the side of the building that has the arrow, these things weren't in the original game, and nobody questioned it, but logically speaking they'd add some good detailing to the scene.

Thats honestly all I can comment on here, i think everything else looks fine, its a work in progress.

I also didn't notice in the original game, but the gratings are actually huge, you'd easily lose a foot down there if it were real life.

I love seeing the work come together here, its exciting!

Please let me know if my input isn't welcome, I don't want to discourage anyone from continuing on.
« Last Edit: 2018-09-01 11:08:55 by DanTsukasa »

LeonhartGR

• ~Whatever...~ Enjoy life!
    • View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
« Reply #319 on: 2018-09-01 11:01:44 »
You can do better! I believe in your work! Keep it up brother!

jusete

• View Profile
    • Donate here
« Reply #320 on: 2018-09-01 18:21:03 »
Hey! nice work, man. I can see some substance painter textures there xD. In the other hand, why are you posting your work here and in your thread as well? Don´t missunderstand me, I love your work and keep up to date but I think that will be less confusing for the people if you update your thread instead both. Maybe someone can move your thread to the team avalanche section to make it easyer to find. What do you think?
Keep the work work mate!

jmp434

• View Profile
    • Make a donation
« Reply #321 on: 2018-09-01 19:17:06 »
I have already asked and they can not do it, and I publish here because my thread is no longer followed / =

I understand what you mean, however for windows, inside I can not do what I want, it is a walkmesh, more lights are in the layers and does not allow to add elements, unfortunately. The only place where I could add would be between the buildings and it would serve no purpose because in the background, they will be invisible, and in front, the hollow part of the walkmesh, add details will be difficult. For the grain, I agree on the flags they are a little too thick, however the wall we can see the details of the foreground later I do not perceive :) And slatted have been thought for them big feet of the original 3D models haha
« Last Edit: 2018-09-01 19:24:13 by jmp434 »

jusete

• View Profile
    • Donate here
« Reply #322 on: 2018-09-01 19:38:07 »
Maybe creating a new one here as a continuation of the old one? you can put a link of the old one for the people that want to see your amazing work so far at the beginnin of the thread xD

jmp434

• View Profile
    • Make a donation
« Reply #323 on: 2018-09-01 19:47:59 »
Yes I want to do it and put by zone against :)

sl1982

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: 2018-09-01 22:02:39 »
Why do you say we cannot move it? It will take me 2 minutes if that is what you wish. Let me know

I have already asked and they can not do it, and I publish here because my thread is no longer followed / =

I understand what you mean, however for windows, inside I can not do what I want, it is a walkmesh, more lights are in the layers and does not allow to add elements, unfortunately. The only place where I could add would be between the buildings and it would serve no purpose because in the background, they will be invisible, and in front, the hollow part of the walkmesh, add details will be difficult. For the grain, I agree on the flags they are a little too thick, however the wall we can see the details of the foreground later I do not perceive :) And slatted have been thought for them big feet of the original 3D models haha