Author Topic: Kuroda Masahiro's mini mods (Requests closed) Latest: Rock Harmony hair and eyes  (Read 65358 times)

Kuroda Masahiro

• Stopped modding FF7.
    • View Profile
I'm really not feeling it right now.

This is what's done so far...
Cloud - Zyzz (100% in mini games, world map, field models, battle, etc.)
Barret - 2nd Class Soldier (I also made Avalanche into 3rd class members.) Image here - http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2013/020/c/8/ff7_lp_avalanche_survivors___details_by_video_boy_mal-d5rwc60.png
Tifa - LP Tifa (Field, battle, minigames and world map)
Aeris - Malvado Aeris (Field and battle)
Nanaki - Armoured Nanaki
Yuffie - Cerulean Knight
Vincent - Sephiroth Vincent (Field and battle)
Cid - Gazz (Field and Battle, he has the same skin tone as Zyzz with brighter blond hair and his normal trousers.)

...And I'm basically just leaving Cait Sith as is.

I didn't sort out all of the weapons yet, and looking at how Zyzz uses the staves, it doesn't really... look right, so I might just give him large knives.

xenokain

• View Profile
Its fine the way you have everything. Cait Sith still has the cat so I can still name him Murka.

I also like the 3rd class members you made. Looks cool how you modified the leg on one guy and the arm on another. They all look unique and diverse.

Large knives are fine,the way he is holding it in the 1st post looks cool as it is.
« Last Edit: 2014-08-08 18:51:40 by xenokain »

Kuroda Masahiro

• Stopped modding FF7.
    • View Profile
Alright, It's just about ready, I'm tempted to change a few spell animations for it to have a bigger difference, but I don't know if that's too much of a change, and the soldiers is the Avalanche that appeared in one of my mods,

Anywho, this is the survivors of the Soldier unit Avalanche, led by Barret Wallace, former Soldier 2nd class.

The original Avalanche unit consisted of 7 members, and they are as follow. (in no order)
Barret Wallace, 2nd class, Unit leader (lost right hand)
Elfe Flavia, 2nd class, Co-Leader (deceased)
Vladislav Lagounov, 3rd class, Strategist (deceased)
Jesse Grinberg, 3rd class, Demolition expert (lost right leg)
Rudolf Havlicek, 3rd class, Medic (deceased)
Biggs Stasov, 3rd class, Scout (lost right eye and left arm)
Wedge Bramson, 3rd class, Sniper (shot in the left knee)

In a flashback, we actually see everyone in their glory, before they're butchered, yay!

Also, being shot in the knee is a serious thing and is referred to as kneecapping, it causes severe damage and is often done with firearms or power drills and the person has severely lowered mobility, while it can be treated, they can never return to their former ability.

In short, Barret overheard something he shouldn't have, and he was sent on a suicide mission, but as insurance, they cornered him and started to pick them off one by one, outright killing several of them, while Wedge was put out of commission by shoting his knee and they moved to the others, they collapsed an archway, crushing Biggs' arm and Jesse's leg, and so on and so forth.

After this, the remnants realized just how wicked Shinra was and formed a resistance movement, using their former uniforms as a way to to initially bypass security, until the heads start to realize they survived. (Which is why they had to jump off the train) and as their numbers were dwindled, they enlisted the aid of people, and after other mercenaries believed their plan to be too suicidal or plain reckless, they came across Cloud and Tifa, both being mercenaries in this timeline that are trying to raise money to rebuild their hometown.

Also in that timeline, Cloud never joined Soldier, he stayed and worked as a farmer and took part in the city guard with any other men old enough to use a weapon, but when Shinra came and some children got caught in a monster's nest, Shinra, along with Tifa and Cloud who served as guides and help woth the search.

The children were in the Dragon's den, where Schizo was, Zack and Sephiroth forced it back while the others got the children safely away, but Sephiroth and Zack were careless and only killed one head.

As a form of revenge, it followed them, and the fire head set fire to the town, in the aftermath, Sephiroth went to report to HQ, while Zack's guilt weighed heavily on him, and he helped with the reconstruction of the town, but since he can't actually build anything, he was going  to raise money, and from a request from Cloud, he trained him how to use a sword, and taught Tifa how to us batons that came from a deceased MP and his own.

But right now, I'm still feeling some pretty heavy depression, so I'll probably just take the rest of the day off.

xenokain

• View Profile
That's a really cool mini mod. If only square had made a FF7 part 2 with side stories like that.

Sorry about that depression. It happens to the best of us. Gotta be like zyzz and not let others bring you down.

Kuroda Masahiro

• Stopped modding FF7.
    • View Profile
Uploading, and I'll PM or email you the files.
« Last Edit: 2014-08-09 14:45:02 by Kuroda Masahiro »

xenokain

• View Profile
I got the files. I'll be testing them shortly. Thanks for all the hard work you put in.

Kuroda Masahiro

• Stopped modding FF7.
    • View Profile
I spent most of the day doing chores, but not too long ago, I was helping Chasedark with his MP Cloud's animations.

Anyway, I'm feeling somewhat less depressed, so I'm working right now on the somewhat project (not going to be a major one, but maybe just a normal project? It'll have new dialogue, MAYBE a new event, as well as some cameos and secret bosses here and there.)

I do believe you'll be content with the changes. O0

xenokain

• View Profile
Got it working :D looks amazing. I can see the other characters you put in there too. Also saw the changed leg/arm on 2 guys xD Cant believe how crisp the models look. Overall everything is working and im having tons of fun playing this mod. Just the little eye problem i mention at the bottom.

I'm mirin those aesthetics. Those bulging thighs,mountain calves and moon sized triceps. Even the robot is making a sharp right to run for his life.

Only problem I noticed is when I walk around on the field zyzz has white eyes and mouth. Not sure if its my computer/steam but aeris and tifa's eyes looks fine.

Its only zyzz and the whole avalanche crew that show the white eyes and mouth.
« Last Edit: 2014-08-11 05:23:11 by xenokain »

Kuroda Masahiro

• Stopped modding FF7.
    • View Profile
I edited those models with Kimera 0.97a, maybe there's a bug in the coding that renders the field eyes to not load? I edited the rest of the field models (such as Malvado Aeris, LP Tifa, etc) with Kimera 0.95, and I myself didn't get a chance to test it ingame yet, mainly because I was trying to see what I could 'cut' for the mini mod version. =P

Also, would you mind if I changed the magic system a bit and tried to do a mini enforced class system?

Ie, Zyzz is Earth (Because he can probably lift and throw a mountain at someone)
Barret is Thunder
Tifa is Ice
Aeris is Holy
Nanaki - Fire
Yuffie - Water
Cait Sith - Non-Elemental
Vincent - Darkness or 'Space'
Cid - Wind

If I do it this way, everyone will have 8 materia slots on their weapons and armour and I'll set them up with somewhat classes with appropriate materia, support materia, commands, buffs and summons.

But I'll look into why Zyzz and co have white textures, might just be something as small as saving with kimera 0.95...

But from what I have planned, I'm going to leave Shinra as is, but I'll change the Turks up into a new mini organization of sorts, which will make battles more interesting, mwa ha ha haaa!

narcku

• Like what?
    • View Profile

Whoa, nice :D
It's been a while since I last saw chibi models, they look good!
Are you still accepting request?

And uh, a bit off topic here but I remember there was a hand patch or something a long time ago(it changed the chibi's blocky hands with normal ones).
Anyone knows if it's still available?

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
I edited those models with Kimera 0.97a, maybe there's a bug in the coding that renders the field eyes to not load? I edited the rest of the field models (such as Malvado Aeris, LP Tifa, etc) with Kimera 0.95, and I myself didn't get a chance to test it ingame yet, mainly because I was trying to see what I could 'cut' for the mini mod version. =P

Also, would you mind if I changed the magic system a bit and tried to do a mini enforced class system?

Ie, Zyzz is Earth (Because he can probably lift and throw a mountain at someone)
Barret is Thunder
Tifa is Ice
Aeris is Holy
Nanaki - Fire
Yuffie - Water
Cid - Wind

If I do it this way, everyone will have 8 materia slots on their weapons and armour and I'll set them up with somewhat classes with appropriate materia, support materia, commands, buffs and summons.

But I'll look into why Zyzz and co have white textures, might just be something as small as saving with kimera 0.95...

But from what I have planned, I'm going to leave Shinra as is, but I'll change the Turks up into a new mini organization of sorts, which will make battles more interesting, mwa ha ha haaa!

Don't use 0.95. In 0.97 is the blending issue resolved, which made the character in the temple scene in visible when they should be transparent.
The problems with the eyes is a missing texture link in the RSD file or a wrong texture ID for the groups (ID 0: left eye, ID 1: right eye and ID 2: mouth).

Kuroda Masahiro

• Stopped modding FF7.
    • View Profile
I've been using 0.95 for ages without problem, including full playthroughs, and I can't say I came across the temple scene issue before, in fact, I never eben knew about it.

But different things call for different versions of kimera, I don't use anything other than 0.81 for actual splicing, which is on the field skeletons, since I noticed multiple times if you try to splice on battle models directly, it has a tendency of corrupting, which I also tested on the 0.97a.

Although, how do you explain that the face textures aren't loading ONLY on the models that I edited with Kimera 0.97a?

I can just restore the textures and rsd from the unedited ones if that's the issue, but why do they show up in kimera? If there's an issue with the rsd or texture, it normally comes up in Kimera as a broken texture.

And I am very well aware what texture is what for the field models.

@ Hakuryu, yes, requests are still available.

narcku

• Like what?
    • View Profile
Nice ;)
I was wondering if it's possible to make something like this(with Yuffie's skeleton).
And this for the color.

Thanks!

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
About the missing textures, in 0.97a an issue with textures can sometimes occur when saving a field model that has had parts added to the bones and then confirming to 'compile multi-p files' (not exact wording, I'm away from my PC at the minute). The textures will display correctly in Kimera but be missing in-game. To avoid it, I usually just hit No when prompted for the compile but it leaves the field model with some extra files/clutter (these extra files are usually denoted in caps rather than small case letters). This problem doesn't seem to occur with battle models, though.

Kaldarasha

• View Profile
I've been using 0.95 for ages without problem, including full playthroughs, and I can't say I came across the temple scene issue before, in fact, I never eben knew about it.

But different things call for different versions of kimera, I don't use anything other than 0.81 for actual splicing, which is on the field skeletons, since I noticed multiple times if you try to splice on battle models directly, it has a tendency of corrupting, which I also tested on the 0.97a.

Although, how do you explain that the face textures aren't loading ONLY on the models that I edited with Kimera 0.97a?

I can just restore the textures and rsd from the unedited ones if that's the issue, but why do they show up in kimera? If there's an issue with the rsd or texture, it normally comes up in Kimera as a broken texture.

And I am very well aware what texture is what for the field models.

@ Hakuryu, yes, requests are still available.

I only mentioned the ID values for the sake of completeness not to teach you.
There was a problem that you couldn't changed the texture IDs in prior versions of Kimera. Maybe this effects now your models (?). I use Kimera 0.97 now very long and I haven't encountered this issue. But some of the PRP models did had this white face bug, however there were built with older versions of Kimera.

What exactly do you mean with corruption? Have you tried to save the model in a new folder without any file in it? Sometimes it works for me when Kimera can't merge p files correctly.

Edit
@Sega Chief
Have you checked if Kimera masses with the texture ID or more probably is that it dosen't update the rsd with the texture information of the other parts, maybe the texture loader needs to be cleaned from the textures and then they need to be re-added.

Possible. You reclore the the pices with the color pallete, rigth? This might hadn't corrupted them .
« Last Edit: 2014-08-11 10:50:58 by Kaldarasha »

Kuroda Masahiro

• Stopped modding FF7.
    • View Profile
@Kal - They corrupt as in the physical parts become twisted due to corruption, or they might look fine, but as soon as the game tries to load it, instant crash.

In Kimera 0.95, you can change the textre ID, but IIRC that's the first build where you coud.

@Sega Chief - That sounds like the most likely suspect, and would perfecty explain why it happened, since in those models, I did things like add eye patches, and the chest sash, etc

@Haku - To confirm, you want Yuffie wearing a black hoodie with blue trim (hood down) beige shorts and black sneakers with white soles?

narcku

• Like what?
    • View Profile
@Haku - To confirm, you want Yuffie wearing a black hoodie with blue trim (hood down) beige shorts and black sneakers with white soles?

@Kuroda Masahiro - Yep and if possible, with the cap as well... and maybe a throwing knife as weapon but just default shuriken is good too I guess. Thanks again :)

Kaldarasha

• View Profile
In Kimera 0.95, you can change the textre ID, but IIRC that's the first build where you coud.

Yeah, but it didn't saved it so the ID stayed unaltered.

Kuroda Masahiro

• Stopped modding FF7.
    • View Profile
@Kal - Other than imports, there's really no need to even change the texture ID, so I never even need to use it since 90% of my mods are splices, or it's just something like scratch hair, which when I import it, I don't make it become a texture and I just vertex shade it.

Although, I myself didn't even touch the texture ID, although the issue most likely is because I added additional parts and hit the compile button, so we know what the issue was and it's essentially resolved, I'll just readd the normal rsd and textures.

@Hakuryu - Alright, I didn't even notice the cap in the picture, that might be complicated to do since there's no battle hat naturally in thegame, what colour do you want it? I can battle convert and shade the NPC baseball cap, might not work perfectly though.

narcku

• Like what?
    • View Profile
@Kuroda - Ahh I see, I didn't know that. The same color as the hoodie would be good.

Kuroda Masahiro

• Stopped modding FF7.
    • View Profile
In that case, I'll make the baseball cap black, but with a blue... thing, the thing you grab that can keep the sun out of your eyes, I forget the name of it.

Since she already has a sort of sneakers and shorts, all I need to do is add the hoodie and cap and she'll be golden.

Should the thing on the hat be facing forward or backwards? (as in, over her eyes, or behind her head)

narcku

• Like what?
    • View Profile
Forward, as in over the eyes, yes.
And uh, it's a "he" by the way, but I guess it makes no difference since Yuffie is about as flat as a boy anyways :P

Kuroda Masahiro

• Stopped modding FF7.
    • View Profile
Bear in mind at no point, did you say what gender the new character was going to be, just a colourless sketch that could be either a boy or girl (if nothing else, hoodies are able to completely hide details like that)and it looked to be a younger person, which meant the gender was basically obscured since there would be no difference, other than what's below the waist, but I'm not going to model down there. :P

As for the 2nd pic, colour references are simply colour references, and in the first one, it could have either been a girl with short hair, or just a boy, if nothing else, she reminded me of Karin from Bleach.

xenokain

• View Profile

Barret is Thunder
Tifa is Ice
Aeris is Holy
Nanaki - Fire
Yuffie - Water
Cid - Wind

That's good to hear it may just be Kimera. I thought it was a setting i didn't have turned on or something like for my graphics card. Yes you can change the magic system  ;)

Kuroda Masahiro

• Stopped modding FF7.
    • View Profile
For the new magic, I have the actual spells changed and renamed (I can name them normal things if you dislike the new ones) I have the new materia setup(not for the new ability trees though) and I have 5/9 people setup for their materia, and I'm not going to lock down their materia, so you are free to edit them if you wish, but the changes I put on it were there for classes. =P

In terms of the other changes, I'll include a mostly new intro that'll require you to think on your feet and will be a harsher intro to it.

Other than that, it quiets down for a while, until when we beat Air Buster., at which point it picks up again, etc.

but while the game itself is harder, the characters are going to be more skilled to compensate, to make it feel as if they were really soldiers or whatever.