Author Topic: Sharing? OF COURSE! But up to certain limits  (Read 5221 times)

cloudiar

• View Profile
Sharing? OF COURSE! But up to certain limits
« on: 2012-10-11 17:11:41 »
Hi everyone!

To begin, I'd like to say that I don't want to create any controversy,
 but I'd like to discuss an issue which is important to me.

The community is here to sharing, thanks to their members we have a lot of tools to edit FFVII, the work of the people is amazing in practically every aspect, I have to say I'm proud of it, because I can make a very complete mod thanks to this people, but Is really right that you publish a demo of my own mod (which cost hundreds of hours)  for another who steals my hard work and days later publishes it without my permission?

I'm annoyed not with the community, but with a member,  he makes me think about what's the limit of "sharing, I'd like to protect future mods to evade problems like my mod.

If any admin doesn't take actions I'll stop making updates, but the problem doesn't end here, in the future this will be happening.

I support sharing (with the creator's consent, of course), I allow the use of my work in a private form, but if I don't give any permission to publish my changes in other project until I finish my work I think it shouldn't be allowed.
« Last Edit: 2012-10-11 17:13:43 by cloudiar »

obesebear

• View Profile
Re: Sharing? OF COURSE! But up to certain limits
« Reply #1 on: 2012-10-11 17:18:33 »
You'll have to be more specific if you want a staff member to do something about whatever the problem is.

sl1982

• Administrator
  • GUI Master :P
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2012-10-11 17:45:22 »
PM me with details and ill see what I can do.

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #3 on: 2012-10-11 19:08:44 »
I removed it from qhimm.com
« Last Edit: 2012-10-11 20:21:16 by Tenko Kuugen »

Bosola

• Fire hazard!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #4 on: 2012-10-12 00:38:15 »
This sort of thing is better handled with PMs, but it should be fairly obvious now what the issue was. In any case, this thread has served its purpose.