Author Topic: FF7 Music (outdated)  (Read 296585 times)

FantasyClover

The Idiots Guide To FF7Music (JK xD)
« Reply #25 on: 2006-04-11 03:14:02 »
ya ultima edition sucks   :wink:   i had to stop using it b/c none of the patches work with it  :lol:

Sad Jari

« Reply #26 on: 2006-04-11 03:16:46 »
Nice to know that you did it for all the right reasons.

Ultima Weapon

« Reply #27 on: 2006-04-11 15:28:02 »
Whenever I click "Run FF7" on the latest version of FF7 Music I get this error:

"Runtime Error 217 at 0001A780"

After I click OK it then says:

"The application failed to intialize properly (0xc0000142). Click OK to terminate the application."

What can I do to fix this?

ffgriever

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2006-04-12 09:22:15 »
I'm not sure whether this problem apply for everyone or not. But for me there was a real problem with the spaces in the mp3 paths. The solution is simple: you have to put all the paths (separately) in quotation marks ("d:\program files\ff7\mp3" instead of d:\program files\ff7\mp3). Or you can just use relative to ffmusic.exe path location (ex. "..\mp3\" if ffmusic is located in ff7\ficedula\ and mp3s are located in ff7\mp3\). Everything works great for me. I can't use ds_out plugin because of some cooperation level problem (does it require exclusive?), but the wav out does just fine.

Playing again my ff7 for the n-th time (can't even recall how many times I played through it before :D )

PS.
It's just my way to say hi to everyone. Single post every year... That's a lot of writing, ya know?? :P

edit:

I just walked through the forum and have seen thist problem was already addressed and solved few months ago in the original ffmusic release post... and in this post... (hit enter, lol). It may be usefull anyway...

Midgar

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2006-04-12 16:33:30 »
Quote from: fantasyclover
ya ultima edition sucks  i had to stop using it b/c none of the patches work with it

You LIE!
When I went to China, I had bought many Final Fantasy Sevens. Out of twelve, several of them were Ultimas, nine...
I always like to check out the next one when I reformat my computer, and I tried all three of the legits, and the 4 of them so far have worked FLAWLESSLY.
I'm going to try the rest if I can find them today...

And by the way:
Quote from: fantasyclover
hi i need help. the patch works but only in towns and during battle. it doesnt work on the world map, i only get the blocky version of cloud. i dont know why this is. can someone please help? ( i have the english version) thanks in advance
My friend downloaded the same Ultima Edition from a popular torrent site. But there is no support for Ultima Edition.

HomicydalManiak

« Reply #30 on: 2006-04-12 23:19:49 »
All right, I`m a total noob with this kind of thing.  I just downloaded FF7Music and an FF7MUSIC.INI file - both in FF7/Ficedula.  But in the config of FF7Music in the "Files" tab, it doesn`t show in the "Profile" area.  All that shows is "Default".

So I`m probably doing something wrong.  Any tips?  I`ve probably got something in the wrong place...

Also: I`m using the FF7Music files from the link in the original post, and the FF7MUSIC.INI file from: http://aaronserv.dyndns.org/hosting/ffsf/download_7.html (which I found in a separate thread).

I figure there may be some version incompatability or something there... but I don`t really know anything about this kinda thing.

I have a valid copy of FF7 with full installation and the 1.02 and Chocobo patches... I think that`s all the other modifications I have besides this (thusfar failed) attempt at FF7Music.

Ultima Weapon

« Reply #31 on: 2006-04-15 15:05:13 »
Now whenever I start up FF7 and load my save file, I get this:

"Another Program is using youtr soundcard. Please change output device (inwaveOut plug-in configureation) switch to direct sound output (in Winamp preferences/plugins/output) or get a soundcard which can play multiple streams. Error code 4 Windows error message "The specified device is already in use. Wait until it is free, then try again."

I have no other programs running at the same time as FF7, so whats the problem?

Zura

• View Profile
Re: The Idiots Guide To FF7Music (JK xD)
« Reply #32 on: 2006-05-13 15:33:02 »
Hey does anyone here know where I can get these tracks or if someone could put them up : Bombing Mission, Fanfare 2, Shinra Explodes 1 and 2. If someone knows pls tell me   :?

ChaosControl

• ¤
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2006-05-15 12:47:48 »
Hey does anyone here know where I can get these tracks or if someone could put them up : Bombing Mission, Fanfare 2, Shinra Explodes 1 and 2. If someone knows pls tell me   :?
Easy, It's on the OST you can buy!

Torrean

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2006-05-15 20:49:55 »
No, those songs aren't. I can't find them anywhere, and I don't know which portions of songs to cut off to get it working.

Kinseek

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2006-05-20 14:12:23 »
Got this thing up and running; however I noticed that all of my mp3s have crossfading on them (basically as the song starts to end the volume is gradually turned down). This of course creates some odd moments where the music is gradually being turned lower, and then suddenly jumps up again. I don`t suppose there is any way to normalize the audio at the end so it remains equal with the rest?

I`m also missing those mp3s mentioned. Do you think you could put them up somewhere?

Jedi_Vader20

« Reply #36 on: 2006-05-25 13:16:30 »
Just a suggestion, wouldn't taking the PSF files for these missing MP3s and making MP3s out of them suffice?

cromas

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2006-05-27 21:26:53 »
Here are some additions and corrections I've found.

Corrections
  • cintro: is only the first 11 seconds of Those Chosen By The Planet. I don't know if this is important or not. Not in the PSF pack.
  • comical: this is definitely not J-E-N-O-V-A. I'm not sure what it is (I can't recall ever hearing it before), possibly part of the honeybee sidequest? Not included on the OST nor the PSF pack.
  • tb: this is actually only the second half of ta. On the tracks I ripped from my OST, it begins about 3:49 and goes until the end. It's the much more depressing part of the song, and would change the feel of your first World Map adventures.

Additions
  • nointro: this is the complement to 'cintro', aka Those Chosen By The Planet without the introductory heartbeats. 904 in the PSF pack.

Missing Songs
  • mogu: This is the song that plays in the Mog's House(?) minigame at the golden saucer when you succeed in teaching him to fly. It's the highwind melody, the one after you do the jet conversion. Not included in PSFs nor OST.
« Last Edit: 2006-05-27 22:09:17 by cromas »

Torrean

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2006-05-27 23:04:21 »
Comical is not even used in the whole game. It could be anything it wanted to be.

TrekkiesUnite118

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2006-05-28 22:22:58 »
Every time I try to save and exit with the newest version of this thing I keep getting  the error "Unable to write to FF7Music.ini" How do I fix this?  Also my files are not showing up in the config mode.

maphisto

« Reply #40 on: 2006-05-30 18:07:30 »
I have the problem a problem with 1.51 and Direct Sound erroring out when it attempts to play anything which sucks because the ramps cause the entire Wave channel to ramp if I use the in_wave plugin.  I checked on the MSDN boards and read something about that error being caused by two programs attempting to use direct sound exclusively or something.  It seemed to work fine when FFMusic was patched into the FF7.exe but now that it's a seperate window in_ds doesn't like it.
« Last Edit: 2006-05-30 18:09:49 by maphisto »

cromas

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2006-05-31 22:23:58 »
I have the problem a problem with 1.51 and Direct Sound erroring out when it attempts to play anything which sucks because the ramps cause the entire Wave channel to ramp if I use the in_wave plugin.  I checked on the MSDN boards and read something about that error being caused by two programs attempting to use direct sound exclusively or something.  It seemed to work fine when FFMusic was patched into the FF7.exe but now that it's a seperate window in_ds doesn't like it.
Why not just use out_wave instead of out_ds?

Enya

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2006-06-02 19:14:22 »
So, any other peeps having the extremely annoying issue that you get this to work, but the music is first of all delayed with say 1 and 1/2 second before it actually starts, and that the musicfiles you patch get lower soundvolume than it should have?

Silveh

« Reply #43 on: 2006-06-03 16:41:44 »
I'm very confused about a lot of this.

What i've done so far is:

-Installed ff7-original music patch
-Downloaded and installed WinAMP Plugin that lets me play the PSFs in winamp. PSFs play fine.
-Placed "Ficedula.dll" and "ficeconsole.dll" into FF7 folder. Deleted FF7Music.dll.
-Downloaded FF7music151 and overwrote"FF7music.exe" into ficedula folder.
-Discovered I have no "in_mp3.dll" or "out_wave.dll".
-Changed the filename of "out_ds.dll" to "out_wave.dll".
***NOTE: Kept "in_psf.dll" as normal, as I was not sure where the Mp3s came into play. So I figured I would keep the PSFs. I'm aware this is probably one of my mistakes.***
-Moved "out_wave.dll" and "in_psf.dll" from the Ficedula folder into the FF7 folder.
-Ran "FF7Music.exe", clicked Configure, used the Setup tab to set my input and output plugins on "in_psf.dll" and "out_wave.dll".
-I then click Run FF7.
-Game starts normally, however, music still in the horrible midi form.
-Interestingly, from here, whenever I use FF7Music.exe to run the game again, I get DirectSound error messages telling me that my sound card is already being used.

Ok so thats where I am, i'm pretty much clueless. Note the following things:

-First time I ran the game in FF7Music.exe straight after setting the plugins, the game ran fine with old music.
-Second time onwards, no matter what I do, same thing happens except I get a million DirectSound errors telling me my sound car is in use.
-I'm using Windows XP FF7 patch, and the ff7betap1.exe patch, to correct video issues.
-I couldn't see at any point in the guide how Mp3s first came into play, so I stuck with the psfs.
-I didn't have "in_mp3.dll" or "out_wave.dll", so I had to rename the ones I had.

-I also have the FF7 Soundtrack at another location on my computer, so if I need the Mp3s, I have them.

Please, I really need someone to help me here. I really want to play the game, yet the midi music is really getting to me. I do not wish to progress further in the game until I have set the original psx music.

Thanks in advance.

Lazybones

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2006-06-03 18:12:37 »
-I didn't have "in_mp3.dll" or "out_wave.dll", so I had to rename the ones I had.
To be honest, I'm only starting to attempt to get this to work on my computer, but it seems to me that part of your problem may be quoted above.  I did a tiny amount of research (read: a quick search on Google) and came up with these:

***Link to out_wave.dll: http://www.dlldump.com/download-dll-files_new.php/dllfiles/O/out_wave.dll/-/download.html
***Link to in_mp3.dll: http://www.dlldump.com/download-dll-files_new.php/dllfiles/I/in_mp3.dll/-/download.html

Note that in_mp3.dll is what TwilightFantasy suggested in the first post of this topic.  I don't know if that's the best to use, as I haven't gone that far with it.

Hope I've helped you or anyone else out. :-D

Silveh

« Reply #45 on: 2006-06-03 20:58:00 »
To be honest, I'm only starting to attempt to get this to work on my computer, but it seems to me that part of your problem may be quoted above.  I did a tiny amount of research (read: a quick search on Google) and came up with these:

***Link to out_wave.dll: http://www.dlldump.com/download-dll-files_new.php/dllfiles/O/out_wave.dll/-/download.html
***Link to in_mp3.dll: http://www.dlldump.com/download-dll-files_new.php/dllfiles/I/in_mp3.dll/-/download.html

Note that in_mp3.dll is what TwilightFantasy suggested in the first post of this topic.  I don't know if that's the best to use, as I haven't gone that far with it.

Hope I've helped you or anyone else out. :-D

Bloody Brilliant!!!! Using those Dlls, and following the very first post word for word, I think i've managed to get it working!

Thank you so much, you've made me very happy  :lol:

Lazybones

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2006-06-03 23:01:20 »
Glad to have been able to help.   :-)
I've gotten it to work too, and I'm greatly enjoying having songs from the Advent Children OST, songs from Overclocked Remix (http://www.ocremix.org/index.php), and the original mp3s from FF7 in my game. 
With this, the NPC Reconstruction Project, and the hi-res patches, it's like a whole new game.
::sigh::  I'm in love with FF7 all over again.
« Last Edit: 2006-06-04 04:52:52 by Lazybones »

TwilightFantasy

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2006-06-05 16:47:25 »
Here are some additions and corrections I've found.

Corrections
  • cintro: is only the first 11 seconds of Those Chosen By The Planet. I don't know if this is important or not. Not in the PSF pack.
  • comical: this is definitely not J-E-N-O-V-A. I'm not sure what it is (I can't recall ever hearing it before), possibly part of the honeybee sidequest? Not included on the OST nor the PSF pack.
  • tb: this is actually only the second half of ta. On the tracks I ripped from my OST, it begins about 3:49 and goes until the end. It's the much more depressing part of the song, and would change the feel of your first World Map adventures.

Additions
  • nointro: this is the complement to 'cintro', aka Those Chosen By The Planet without the introductory heartbeats. 904 in the PSF pack.

Missing Songs
  • mogu: This is the song that plays in the Mog's House(?) minigame at the golden saucer when you succeed in teaching him to fly. It's the highwind melody, the one after you do the jet conversion. Not included in PSFs nor OST.

When I made this tutorial I listened to the PSF songs, and only put what I heard.  As for Mogu, that is the same song as Honey Bee Manor. the same song is used.  I do not know how to add songs to the Ficedula prog, and I do not know how to change the names of the original ones, I only know how to match them up with the song you want to use.

cromas

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2006-06-07 21:46:17 »
As for Mogu, that is the same song as Honey Bee Manor. the same song is used.
That's not correct. Mogu is a very simple version of the highwind melody/fanfare. It doesn't appear anywhere in the game except for the victory song of Mog's House, so it's not on the soundtrack.

You can listen to the midi version here, though you will need to use Winamp or something similar, Windows Media Player does not understand ff7's raw midi format.
« Last Edit: 2006-06-07 21:50:00 by cromas »

maphisto

« Reply #49 on: 2006-06-08 19:02:44 »
Why not just use out_wave instead of out_ds?

I'm using that right now but if I have Ramp emulation on (to emulate the fades in the original music between scenes) I've noticed that it will ramp the entire wave channel down instead of just the music, causing all sound effects and FMV clips that may come after or during the fade to also be ramped.  Best example is the tramway from Coral to Gold Saucer.  The Coral music fades as soon as you step into the tram but this causes the FMV of the tram accelerating to be silent.  I have tried using the option to reset the volume to max after stop but this causes the original midi to leak into the output as well as introducing some pops and crackels into the audio.

I've settled for using out_wave without ramp emulation.  There's still a few random crashes in winmm.dll and ff7.exe but last night I played for 4 hours wihtout incidednt (except that I noticed the transition from the victory fanfair and the world map music was increasingly delayed after that long a time).  I'm pretty sure that the crashes in winmm.dll have something to do with the PSF plugin and not ff7music but I can't completely rule it out.  The ff7 crashes are probably unfixed bugs in ff7 and are also probably unrelated.  The delay I noticed might be a memory issue with the ff7music log filling up causing a delay between songs where there's no stop command.
« Last Edit: 2006-06-15 21:09:40 by maphisto »