Author Topic: Current state.  (Read 107299 times)

KnifeTheSky77

• Somnambulistic Paraphile
    • View Profile
Re: Current state.
« Reply #175 on: 2014-08-05 19:08:39 »
It looks like Aali is quickly tearing apart the world map scripts

http://wiki.qhimm.com/view/Special:RecentChanges

Aali

• View Profile
« Reply #176 on: 2014-08-05 19:44:32 »
I am, that's just the opcodes though, I will be adding more on how the script is organized and executed and once that's done link it into the main FF7 page. There are still a large number of unknowns though and it seems like quite a bit of stuff you'd need to get the WM working is either hardcoded or contained in other files.

Izban

• View Profile
« Reply #177 on: 2014-09-15 07:28:31 »
Wondering what level of playablity qgears is up to, like are battles playable yet

side note interested in getting involved no prior experience though wondering where would be a good place to start

Vgr

• Global moderator
  • If it quacks like a duck, it must be a duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: 2014-09-15 20:33:24 »
Last time I checked, level of playability was "Hey, you can roam in the first screen!"

sithlord48

• Dark Lord of the Savegame
    • View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #179 on: 2014-09-15 20:59:40 »
and its not playable in that that first screen is completely scripted in native ogre formats.  im not entirely sure how far paul has made it with native data but as far as i know field is working  menu kinda works and battles have parts done but is skipped for the demo . i hope to oneday have more time to devote to properly working on q-gears..

if you would like to help us you can start by checking out the code from git and seeing what you might want to work on .

https://github.com/q-gears/q-gears

paul

• View Profile
« Reply #180 on: 2014-09-16 15:29:22 »
Wondering what level of playablity qgears is up to, like are battles playable yet

side note interested in getting involved no prior experience though wondering where would be a good place to start

You can walk around the fields which have been converted to Ogre format. WM has an FPS cam that loads native data. Battle scenes/models are loaded in Ogre format.

If you want to help there is tons to be done, I'll be looking at writing a loader/converter for WM to Ogre/QGears format scripts.

We also need this for field scripts and native field data. That way it would almost be possible to navigate all of the fields in the game and visit the WM.