Author Topic: Over Moderation  (Read 3189 times)

klassic

Over Moderation
« on: 2011-06-25 18:23:00 »
Can an moderator explain to me how asking a question about an install is a pointless post?  I am new to this forum and I didn't know that questions are not tolerated.

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • No life
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
Re: Over Moderation
« Reply #1 on: 2011-06-25 18:25:57 »
I'm no moderator, but I didn't see a question in your trashed post.

Knowing that it was intended to be a question, I'm guessing you want to know if you are supposed to use the 1.02 patch first (the answer is yes, by the way). The thing is, the way you phrased it, it did not seem like you were asking a question, but simply stating what you were doing.

klassic

« Reply #2 on: 2011-06-25 18:33:26 »
Thank you for the answer.  I guess I need to include a ? for people to interpret it as a question.   Now I assume this post will be trashed as well.

Bosola

• Fire hazard!
  • No life
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #3 on: 2011-06-25 18:33:48 »
Yes, Klassic. I can explain why I moderated you. Here's the post in question:

I am installing FF7 for the first time in about 5 years and I have never installed any patches or mods.  I just wanna make sure I install the 1.02 patch before installing any of the other mods listed here.

This wasn't a question. This was a random statement that didn't have much to do with the thread at hand, along the lines of "I am not actually going to install any of these mods, as I want to do something else first. Just letting you know". That doesn't add content, so I deleted it and issued a 10% warning.

If you have any queries about a moderation, I recommend sending a personal message to the moderator in question.

If you intended to actually *ask* a question with your post, I will restore and edit it accordingly.

Edit, to refer to latest post:

Thank you for the answer.  I guess I need to include a ? for people to interpret it as a question.   Now I assume this post will be trashed as well.

No. But I do suggest always PMing the moderator first.

I will, as promised, restore your post and make it a clear question.

As it turns out your intention really *was* to contribute to the tutorial thread, I'll clear your warn level, too.
« Last Edit: 2011-06-25 18:39:49 by Bosola »