Author Topic: Final Fantasy VII Rerelease thread  (Read 311356 times)

Roxas

• View Profile
    • ReBoot Revival
Re: Final Fantasy VII Rerelease thread
« Reply #200 on: 2012-07-19 03:11:03 »
Look on the website, and scroll down to the media files. Bring up the picture of Cid sitting on the tiny bronco looking at rocket town. That picture looks NICE, if this wasnt just thrown together to look like that, and is actually in game, it would be a huge impovement.

Saw those, and when we first saw the contents of the site, I was hoping "wallpaper" would be these various screens, but in a higher resolution (presuming the originals existed in a larger form).

Valamyr

• View Profile
« Reply #201 on: 2012-07-19 04:55:26 »
Aside from maybe upscaled FMVs and better compatibility with modern OSes, theres probably very little to see here.

I wonder if the mods here can be ported to this easily, and if not, whether the mod scene might as well just keep working on the old game...

I guess time will tell.

BloodShot

• View Profile
« Reply #202 on: 2012-07-19 05:24:27 »
Well if we can't mod the new one, I'm sure a lot of us here probably wouldn't buy it, and continue to mod regular FF7

Though if they took the easy route and used the original PC version as a base then there's probably a high chance we can easily transfer everything over to the new version.

Masamune

• View Profile
« Reply #203 on: 2012-07-19 14:48:49 »
I forget where I read it but Square confirmed that there will be no Microtransactions in FF7 including the Character Booster...it's not going to cost money.

http://www.gamesradar.com/final-fantasy-vii-pc-will-not-have-microtransactions/

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: 2012-07-19 16:19:33 »
Well if we can't mod the new one, I'm sure a lot of us here probably wouldn't buy it, and continue to mod regular FF7

Though if they took the easy route and used the original PC version as a base then there's probably a high chance we can easily transfer everything over to the new version.
Even if they didn't, there's no way they can make it completely unmoddable. Data might end up using new formats, which would take time and work to reverse engineer and port our mods to the new version, but it's not impossible.

At most, they could put some sort of integrity check in. That could also be removed, but might come in the form of a crack, in which case we would not support it here.

Cazador

• View Profile
« Reply #205 on: 2012-07-19 17:03:29 »
I feel like this thread is going in circles.  :P

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: 2012-07-19 17:50:37 »
It is likely I would have to redo the menu overhaul offsets...  A lot of work if it is all here there everywhere.  If they have added or taken anything from the exe.  I assume that will be the biggest stumbling block to existing mods.

savage-xp

• View Profile
« Reply #207 on: 2012-07-19 18:38:51 »
I would like side quest alá Chocographs.

gjoerulv

• me
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #208 on: 2012-07-19 19:10:55 »
I still have the cds for my FF7 from 97. I don't need this.

But I guess it kinda makes sense. Easy money, and finally an easier way of getting FF7 legally.

Vgr

• Global moderator
  • If it quacks like a duck, it must be a duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: 2012-07-21 18:40:23 »
But I guess it kinda makes sense. Easy money, and finally an easier way of getting FF7 legally.

That's the biggest issue nowadays with what the Internet has become. And as someone said (can't remember who) in this same thread, I give it 48 hours after release for it to be on file-sharing websites, already cracked.

On another note, if they're seeking this forum since long and want to release the mods as part of the game, I think DLPB's work will be proeminent. Also it would be nice to have gjoerulv's hardcore mode. But I'm just dreaming here, that isn't going to happen. Not by Square. Not by what it has became today. They'll sell it for what they sell the new games today and may even make more people hate it... because they don't actually want to play it. Stop the f*cking graphics, go for real games. Don't make a game for money, make a game BECAUSE YOU WANT IT.

I prefer any FFs prior to FFXI (which shouldn't be called like that) to anything else, mostly. People who claim FFXIII is better than FFVII when they only played the former only makes me want to punch them, hard. Same goes for the opposite, though. *cough*DLPB*cough* FFXIII is not *bad*, it's just not as good as FF7. But now I'm getting away from the topic.

TL;DR: This is just a re-release.

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #210 on: 2012-07-21 19:10:31 »
They'll sell it for what they sell the new games today
No way. Not when the same game is on PSN for ten bucks. Not unless they don't wanna actually make any sales.

People who claim FFXIII is better than FFVII when they only played the former only makes me want to punch them, hard.
Has anybody claimed this, ever, at all?

Same goes for the opposite, though. *cough*DLPB*cough*
Now now, let's not be trying to start drama on purpose. I disagree with his opinion on the game as well (I don't think it's great, but I don't think it's as horrible as it's made out to be), but that's no reason to bring it up when it wasn't the topic at hand, and certainly no reason to say you wanna punch him. Keep it civil.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: 2012-07-21 20:16:45 »
FFXIII is not *bad*, it's just not as good as FF7. But now I'm getting away from the topic.

As a FF game, which is what I would buy it for (why else would I be buying XIII for?), it is way below par.  Its story is childish and basic, it is barely even a jrpg.  Not going down all this again, but the argument "It was a good game, so don't criticise it for being a poor FF" doesn't wash with me.  And I don't think it was even a good game.
« Last Edit: 2012-07-21 21:02:29 by DLPB »

Fischkopf

• View Profile
« Reply #212 on: 2012-07-22 16:49:43 »
I forget where I read it but Square confirmed that there will be no Microtransactions in FF7 including the Character Booster...it's not going to cost money.

Of course it isn't, cause it's ridiculous.

What kind of idiot would pay real money for ingame items for a 15 year old game. ::)

ajthedj747

• Looking Forward to 2017
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: 2012-07-22 18:49:11 »
Of course it isn't, cause it's ridiculous.

What kind of idiot would pay real money for ingame items for a 15 year old game. :roll:
I would pay for in-game items. The money would go to Square-Enix or making it possible to have new optional downloadable content, such as third person camera angles of the party leader on the field.  8-)
« Last Edit: 2012-09-13 18:10:42 by ajthedj747 »

youknowiknow778

• View Profile
« Reply #214 on: 2012-07-23 14:49:16 »
If it comes with 60 fps battles and FMVs that would be great! But we all know better.

The only hopes I have for this is that maybe it would be easier for the modders to work with. Maybe it would come with a new structure that could make previously impossible things possible.

But knowing how Squenix works it will most likely be the exact opposite.

I personally have had more issues with the FF8 port so if they re released that I would totally buy that. I cannot for the life of me seem to get the music working again!
« Last Edit: 2012-07-23 14:54:38 by youknowiknow778 »

refoopseman

• View Profile
« Reply #215 on: 2012-07-23 23:29:15 »
Square Enix will release the PC version that is compatible with windows vista and 7 with a new installer, something like the Ultima Edition. They will probably change the ff7 config to add it as an option in game. Also the resolution will be increased from 640x480 to perhaps 1600x900. They will smooth out the field backgrounds and fmvs. Also fix the errors of the previous pc versions (vincent aerith death animation glitch, weapon fmv error, snowboard game frame rate). Also the file saves will be uploaded to a server so you don't have to worry about having your save files lost or corrupt. Music will be updated from midi to mp3.

My opinion is FFVII bootleg is better than this. So dont buy it when it comes out.

The same thing will happen for FF8 too.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: 2012-07-23 23:45:18 »
The funniest thing is that the same people asking why a remake of VII isn't happening but a rerelease is, are probably the same people who will go out and buy this PC rerelease.  Square don't need to do anything now.  They are living on the name and logo.

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #217 on: 2012-07-24 01:11:53 »
The funniest thing is that the same people asking why a remake of VII isn't happening but a rerelease is, are probably the same people who will go out and buy this PC rerelease.  Square don't need to do anything now.  They are living on the name and logo.

I somewhat assume the same but at least they are supporting the company by making the purchase. I have been somewhat overwhelmed by how many comments and PMs I get on YT asking where they can torrent the game with the mods installed. Not only do they want the game for free, but they are too lazy to research and install the mods themselves.

When the re-release was announced, I was questioned whether it could be modded. I actually hope it won't be, regardless of whether it actually can be, because I'm sure people will be searching for a modded torrent of it  :-\

savage-xp

• View Profile
« Reply #218 on: 2012-07-24 16:59:51 »
A week passed and no pics, so they must have something to hide...

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #219 on: 2012-07-24 17:35:09 »
Or not. They're just lazy.

BloodShot

• View Profile
« Reply #220 on: 2012-07-24 17:40:04 »
Why do they need pre-release pics? AvP Classic 2000 was a rerelease for modern OSes way back when AvP 2010 came out and they didn't have any pics of it until it actually was released. Even if they change stuff, there's not enough people who would look at it and notice the differences to warrant shots.

Mako

• View Profile
« Reply #221 on: 2012-07-24 18:13:01 »
AvP Classic 2000 was a rerelease for modern OSes way back when AvP 2010
Well that's AvP not Square :P To be fair Square has always released in game pics of every-single-project they work on. It's strange that this is 'coming soon' yet nothing.

savage-xp

• View Profile
« Reply #222 on: 2012-07-24 22:06:44 »
or they read this forum: " Ah darn it! They discovery our plain!, must release a proper update, if so, they will complain a lot"

BesideTheVoid

• formerly known as ProtoArmor
    • View Profile
    • Official BesideTheVoid Productions Website
« Reply #223 on: 2012-07-25 19:58:42 »
I feel like this thread is going in circles.  :P

The reason I rant is...

or they read this forum: " Ah darn it! They discovery our plain!, must release a proper update, if so, they will complain a lot"

(that maybe they are listening).  Regardless, we'll always have mods for the 1998 PC discs (which I still have from then), so if they fail to make it worth buying its on them.
« Last Edit: 2012-07-25 20:01:32 by BesideTheVoid »

Fischkopf

• View Profile
« Reply #224 on: 2012-07-25 20:56:26 »
I would pay for in-game items. The money would go to Square-Enix and Steam for making it possible to have new optional downloadable content, such as third person camera angles of the party leader on the field.  8-)

Square Enix will release the PC version that is compatible with windows vista and 7 with a new installer, something like the Ultima Edition. They will probably change the ff7 config to add it as an option in game. Also the resolution will be increased from 640x480 to perhaps 1600x900. They will smooth out the field backgrounds and fmvs. Also fix the errors of the previous pc versions (vincent aerith death animation glitch, weapon fmv error, snowboard game frame rate). Also the file saves will be uploaded to a server so you don't have to worry about having your save files lost or corrupt. Music will be updated from midi to mp3.

My opinion is FFVII bootleg is better than this. So dont buy it when it comes out.

The same thing will happen for FF8 too.
:roll:

You people are way too overconfident, They're very likely not gonna change anything, they will just make it compatible with XP/Vista/7 and add a protection against modding and that's it. Higher res, smoothed backgrounds and FMVs, maybe in your dreams...   :|

@ajthedj747

And guess what, that "new downloadable content" will cost money again, if they even decide to do such thing.

It is incredible how easy people can be ripped off by large game companies in this day and age...I never bought any DLC for any game that i own. To me it's just a rip-off in most cases. Some ppl just have too much money to spend i guess.
« Last Edit: 2012-07-25 20:59:45 by Fischkopf »