Author Topic: [HD Remake] Mission B Fields, Midgar details  (Read 23016 times)

SpooX

• ah nothing really...
  • Used to be errr...
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: 2013-03-26 00:14:10 by SpooX »

SpooX

• ah nothing really...
  • Used to be errr...
    • View Profile
[HD Remake] Mission B Fields, Midgar details
« Reply #1 on: 2013-03-24 23:56:31 »
Train evolution

once upon a time it started out like:

a rebuild....

with the goal to have it animated like:

now behold:
Press play on the picture to continue...

PS how do you like my handpainted material?  ;D

enjoy
 8-)
« Last Edit: 2014-03-06 17:51:38 by SpooX »

SpooX

• ah nothing really...
  • Used to be errr...
    • View Profile
Re: [HD Remake] Mission B Fields, Midgar details
« Reply #2 on: 2013-03-24 23:57:04 »
2014-12-11

- Train completely re-rigged (as scaling the train to correct size completely screwed up the whole) now I'm able to drag the train through the viewports with correct animation.
- Added breaks for the train (dynamic).
- Started un UV mapping and materials of the train and fixed an issue with the nose.

- Tanker resized to match train scale, still needs under carriage.

Personel wagon:
- retopo on main shell.
- Uv mapping finished, materials in progress, some texts are not complete.

from left to right:
DG5638B      神羅百型      ShinraHyakuGat....      弐式五O....      DG5638B
                          Created by KOB....

Any help in the missing texts is most welcome....
 8-)

2015-02-02
small update

8)

« Last Edit: 2015-02-02 22:07:33 by SpooX »

Blank

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2013-03-25 00:06:34 »
Looks great as ever!

LeonhartGR

• ~Whatever...~ Enjoy life!
    • View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
« Reply #4 on: 2013-03-25 00:20:10 »
Thanks SpooX! Keep it going!

Timu Sumisu

• The Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2013-03-25 03:10:59 »
at a glance, not too many more objects before a final render!

Mayo Master

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2013-03-25 17:12:38 »
Very nice. I'm looking forward to the completed scene renders  :)
By the way, the server crash from a few weeks ago deleted your gallery of the Forgotten City, any thought of remaking the thread?

SpooX

• ah nothing really...
  • Used to be errr...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2013-03-26 00:23:43 »
Very nice. I'm looking forward to the completed scene renders  :)
By the way, the server crash from a few weeks ago deleted your gallery of the Forgotten City, any thought of remaking the thread?

Thanx, currently mostly working in Photoshop, UV-ing....is slow. :-|

oh somebody noticed the forgotten city is forgotten, well I waited for Qhimm to restore the database, but that didn't happen to the latest updates... so I guess it has really become a forgotten city :D

8-)

Mayo Master

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2013-03-26 00:47:39 »
Thanx, currently mostly working in Photoshop, UV-ing....is slow. :-|
I hear that. I personally tend to avoid UV mapping (and use Blender projection presets instead) whenever possible  :P

oh somebody noticed the forgotten city is forgotten, well I waited for Qhimm to restore the database, but that didn't happen to the latest updates... so I guess it has really become a forgotten city :D
Well I'll be happy if you make the Forgotten City something to be remembered  :D

Hellbringer616

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2013-03-26 15:44:59 »
Juding by your work SpooX. are we close to finishing bombing mission? :D

anaho

• King Of Slowdown
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2013-03-26 17:45:04 »
Nice looking! Say, what renderer is it that you are using?

[ ] iRay  [ ] Octane [ ] Maxwell

Depending on whether there is a CPU only mode, I can provide processing power of 8 Phenom II 1045Ts for FMVs.
« Last Edit: 2013-03-26 17:52:12 by anaho »

LeonhartGR

• ~Whatever...~ Enjoy life!
    • View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
« Reply #11 on: 2013-03-28 00:00:59 »
Looks like Octane... :P Look at this too ;)

SpooX

• ah nothing really...
  • Used to be errr...
    • View Profile
[HD Remake] Mission B Fields, Midgar details
« Reply #12 on: 2014-03-06 17:53:48 »
tiny bump, details in second post...
 8)

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2014-03-07 01:49:00 »
Very very nice

Mayo Master

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2014-03-07 01:54:23 »
That train animation is awesome  :D
I wonder how it would be like at full speed. As a rule of thumb, assuming your driving wheel is about 2 m in diameter, if your train goes at 60 km/h then it gets you to 2.65 wheel rotations per second. I doubt the train goes faster than that in any scene from the game (it should have the same speed as a subway train, more or less).

Salk

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2014-03-12 16:20:52 »
I love that train animation, SpooX!

But then again there is nothing you made that I didn't at worst like a lot.  8-)

KnifeTheSky77

• Somnambulistic Paraphile
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2014-03-12 20:53:40 »
Very awesome animation  :)

Tempus

• This guy are sick.
    • View Profile
    • Deviant Art
« Reply #17 on: 2014-03-30 06:04:52 »
Nice job with that train animation. I would even know where to begin with something like that.

SpooX

• ah nothing really...
  • Used to be errr...
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2014-12-11 21:01:12 »
That train animation is awesome  :D
I wonder how it would be like at full speed. As a rule of thumb, assuming your driving wheel is about 2 m in diameter, if your train goes at 60 km/h then it gets you to 2.65 wheel rotations per second. I doubt the train goes faster than that in any scene from the game (it should have the same speed as a subway train, more or less).
Lol, I just Love the scientific appraoch, while doing this, now I should be even capable in building a real live version due to my research. Amazing what some people are able to build in their attick.

Nice job with that train animation. I would even know where to begin with something like that.
Yes, it's quite a challenge, but if you get the hang of it it's not bad. Unfortunately I had to completely redo the whole thing, as the tutorial I followed (in Polish) had some serious flaws in it, as it uses dummies, and has the starting point that the whole train will remain still and the world will flow around it. So after scaling the whole animation was going completely weird.
Now it's fully rigged (apart from the steering) even the breaks are rigged, and I'm able to drag the train around while providing acurate animation. So letting it follow a track should be a breeze now. :-)

Nice looking! Say, what renderer is it that you are using?
[ ] iRay  [ ] Octane [X] Maxwell
I only use Maxwell, and luckily in the latest release there are some additional features for which I was waiting. :-)
Just a ping and updates are in posts above (before people get annoyed that it's not visible).

8-)
« Last Edit: 2014-12-11 21:02:50 by SpooX »

Mayo Master

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2014-12-12 17:14:52 »
Thanks for that update! Very cool that you made such progress on the animation of the train.

Regarding the writing on the train car: I think our best bet would be to look into the remade train model which is used in Crisis Core. I remember I actually appreciated that they cared to detail the train car with the same writings as the original (same number), but I can't remember the kanji writings. I tried to look it up on Youtube but the videos don't have enough quality (let alone that nobody really actively sought a good camera angle to be able to read the writings). I can make an attempt at reviving my dying PSP ans look it up - although if someone else could do it it'd be much appreciated.

By the way, have you modelled the inside of the train car? That'd be several fields made in one go  :)

SpooX

• ah nothing really...
  • Used to be errr...
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2014-12-15 21:23:34 »
Thanks for that update! Very cool that you made such progress on the animation of the train.

Regarding the writing on the train car: I think our best bet would be to look into the remade train model which is used in Crisis Core. I remember I actually appreciated that they cared to detail the train car with the same writings as the original (same number), but I can't remember the kanji writings. I tried to look it up on Youtube but the videos don't have enough quality (let alone that nobody really actively sought a good camera angle to be able to read the writings). I can make an attempt at reviving my dying PSP ans look it up - although if someone else could do it it'd be much appreciated.

By the way, have you modelled the inside of the train car? That'd be several fields made in one go  :)

I've just disected Crisis Core, and finished approx. 3 hrs of DOC cutscenes.....

DOC has nothing on any train (in the train-grave-yard)... :-(
And as for Crisis Core... there close but not comparable to the original. It's like they did with the head mask of Jenova, where they changed 'Made in Hongkong'.
The part of 'Created by KOB...' has been completely removed and the Hyaku-something has been replaced by 'The Shinra Electrical Company'.

They basically removed all the artist jokes out of the game in CC.
For the created by, my best bet would be to look at the list with artists, and see if any will match...

And about the inside, yes that has been modelled.
 8-)

Mayo Master

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2014-12-16 15:32:09 »
Although it'd be cool if you can find out about the missing writings, if we can't get the information after all your research, then...
Quote from: Cloud
All right, everyone. It's no use thinking about it. We'll leave all our worries here.
Let's go home proud.
So... in my opinion it's perfectly fine to have them replaced by something of your own (or follow what was done in CC). I'm personally good with either in-universe content or something akin to your watermark.

And yay! about the modelling of the inside of the train car  :)

SpooX

• ah nothing really...
  • Used to be errr...
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2015-02-02 22:12:19 »
Fixed the texts on the side;

弐式五〇八

And with some artistic freedom, the 'KOB' part (which nobody ever notices anyway) I've changed to Kobayashi, which is one of the field designers from the original FF VII team. If I picked the wrong one, then my deepest apologies, and anyone from the original FF VII team, please feel free to correct me.

sorry these things keep annoy me untill I've found out
And as part of the research you tend to find out lots of interesting stuff, like interviews with the developers crew right after release, and did you know that they did the development in just 1 year?

Now only one piece of text left on the outside, but I'll come up with something....

I hope you like it.

8-)

Mayo Master

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2015-02-03 14:34:02 »
Thanks for the update  :)
As for the development lasting only a year, it would raise several questions:
- Are you sure? (I thought it was more around 3 years) For that matter, wasn't the date of 1995 on one of the cutscenes (Jenova's helmet during Nibelheim flashback)?
- If true, did these guys had any sleep during the year of development, or are they even human? The amount of work is too much for a team this small to have been done in a year.

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2015-02-03 15:45:46 »
Thanks for the update  :)
As for the development lasting only a year, it would raise several questions:
- Are you sure? (I thought it was more around 3 years) For that matter, wasn't the date of 1995 on one of the cutscenes (Jenova's helmet during Nibelheim flashback)?
- If true, did these guys had any sleep during the year of development, or are they even human? The amount of work is too much for a team this small to have been done in a year.

Quote from: finalfantasy.wikia.com
Planning sessions for Final Fantasy VII began in 1994 after the release of Final Fantasy VI...

...Development of Final Fantasy VII resumed in late 1995, and required the efforts of approximately 120 artists and programmers, using PowerAnimator and Softimage|3D software and a budget of more than US$30 million.
http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Final_Fantasy_VII