Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] Multiple mods and Modding Framework-The Reunion [R06f]  (Read 3008268 times)

Xpred

Re: [FF7PC-98] Multiple mods - The Reunion (R01)
« Reply #675 on: 2014-11-30 23:15:45 »
Hey DLPB, I noticed you were the originator of The Reunion mod, which included the Menu Overhaul found in Tifa's Final Heaven. I posted this question on that FAQ thread, but I figured you might be the best to answer it since you would know the full mechanics.

How does the "Break 9999 Limit" work in the Menu Overhaul? Say I don't activate it now, can I still activate it later in the game? What happens if I'm at level 99 (maxed out in game), and my HP was only 7-8k, would activating this "Break 9999 Limit" option be useless at that point because I can no longer level up? And what happens if I deactivate this option after I activated in the first place... say my HP was above 9999 (e.g., 13K), and I remove this option -- would re-opening FF7 show 9999 HP again? Hope this makes sense... just wanted to see at what point in the game should I attempt to use it and whether there's a time limit to when I can actually use it before it becomes useless.

In addition, what was the purpose of the disable mouse input (I thought FF7 originally had no mouse input in-game?) Are there any advantages (graphical/speed improvement/reliability?) to checking that option? I currently have it unchecked in Tifa's Final Heaven but wasn't sure what the option was for.

Thank you! :)

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: 2014-11-30 23:33:47 »
How does the "Break 9999 Limit" work in the Menu Overhaul?

The changes necessary to make the limiter work properly, and the graphics show correctly, in the menus are added.  That's all it does.  If you then load a new game after reapplying reunion with 9999 mod, you'll have the same HP, but your max hp will likely have changed.  It all depends on your equipment and stats.

I find the 9999 break limit totally pointless and I hate it with a passion.  But in the interests of other modders, and to make things more complete, I added it.   There is going to be a HUGE issue with R02...  it is not backward compatible with R01 or ANY mod that used R01 or previous versions.  So modders will need to incorporate the changes from scratch, and users will have to use clean files.

In addition, what was the purpose of the disable mouse input

This was a change Aali found me so that the mouse didn't affect menus closing.  The PC version has limited mouse support, and shouldn't.  Perhaps they were going to make it possible to select letters in naming screen using mouse.  I dunno.
« Last Edit: 2014-11-30 23:35:50 by DLPB »

Sora123masta

• View Profile
« Reply #677 on: 2014-12-01 14:14:55 »
There is going to be a HUGE issue with R02...  it is not backward compatible with R01 or ANY mod that used R01 or previous versions.  So modders will need to incorporate the changes from scratch, and users will have to use clean files.

BANANAS!  Wow, now that's going to be a difficult feat. to pass.  Hope everything goes well within time. D:

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: 2014-12-09 12:56:31 »
Spoke to Luksy, he's gonna try to get on at some point during the weekend and then we'll try to wrap this whole thing up and put it to bed.  I'm confident that this can be achieved in 2-3 hours of work time.

Salk

• View Profile
« Reply #679 on: 2014-12-10 22:29:44 »
So looking forward to see R02 out... It felt like it was about to happen any day for a few months now.

Let's hope Lusky is ready to give it the last push...  ;)

AceClover

• View Profile
« Reply #680 on: 2014-12-17 21:14:40 »
Hi guys, I've a huge hype with  Reunion 2. Keep working hard!

By the way, some spanish guys finished their "retranslation" but there's no way to include it in your Because mod right? (sorry I really know nothing about modding FFVII).

genesis063

• Self proclaimed number 1 Sephiroth fanboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: 2014-12-19 21:01:51 »
Hey bro congrats on finishing the RO1 and getting RO2 finished soon.  Glad to see all your hard work is about to payoff and all those others that helped you.

BrandeX

• View Profile
« Reply #682 on: 2014-12-22 07:09:28 »
Have you had any contact with the Luksy fellow since 2 weeks ago?

Mcindus

• Artist, Modder, Musician.
    • View Profile
    • Lunatic Pandora
« Reply #683 on: 2014-12-23 18:48:48 »
Spoke to Luksy, he's gonna try to get on at some point during the weekend and then we'll try to wrap this whole thing up and put it to bed.  I'm confident that this can be achieved in 2-3 hours of work time.

I'm going to bite my damn fingernails off.  This mod is soooooo close!!!   :mrgreen:

Good thing I have all of the FF8 mods to keep me busy.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: 2014-12-23 19:13:35 »
Luksy busy but having some time off soon, so hopefully I can borrow him for the needed 2-3 hours.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: 2014-12-23 19:27:58 »
#xy 88 40
{BARRET}
“…is it?”
--------------------------------------------------
#xy 138 144
{CLOUD}
“Huh?”
--------------------------------------------------
#xy 40 32
{BARRET}
“I said,‘What is it?’ <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
  C'mon,hurry it up!”

I spoke to Covarr about the line marked.  I don't think we ever reached a conclusion on it.  So if anyone knows if it's grammatically correct, let me know.  I've added this because there was confusion with the original line.

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #686 on: 2014-12-23 20:12:22 »
All I see is that there should be a space after the commas

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: 2014-12-23 20:53:27 »
Yeah, I've made that get added by the game itself :)

Sora123masta

• View Profile
« Reply #688 on: 2014-12-24 03:56:46 »
Yeah, I've made that get added by the game itself :)

You're so Sneaky  >_>

Ver Greeneyes

• View Profile
« Reply #689 on: 2014-12-24 12:21:26 »
[...]
So if anyone knows if it's grammatically correct, let me know.  I've added this because there was confusion with the original line.
Are you talking about the capitalized 'W', or about placing the question mark inside the quotes? I don't know about the former, but the latter is called "logical quotation", whereas the alternative is called "typesetters' quotation." Wikipedia has a good article explaining the usage (and why they prefer logical quotation): Logical quotation on Wikipedia. I prefer logical quotation myself.
« Last Edit: 2014-12-24 12:25:02 by Ver Greeneyes »

Vir

• View Profile
« Reply #690 on: 2014-12-24 14:59:43 »
{BARRET}
  C'mon,hurry it up!”

For what my opinion may be worth, I find the marked line grammatical. The following pages uphold parallel examples. To be fair, several of the pages also uphold the "American style"/"British style" delineation which the above Wikipedia article endeavors to erase. I'm sorry I don't have the experience to say what manual of style may have standing among British persons, but I have some non-specific recommendations, professional interpretations of one minor and three major American manuals (so marked by me) and lastly a listing of seven different manuals. All of them (including the one listed as disagreeing with the others in the discussion!) [edit: I had badly edited this sentence in the original post] seem to me to agree with the line as written being sound.

Place a question mark or exclamation point within closing quotation marks if the punctuation applies to the quotation itself. Place the punctuation outside the closing quotation marks if the punctuation applies to the whole sentence.

Phillip asked, "Do you need this book?"

Does Dr. Lim always say to her students, "You must work harder"?
https://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/577/03/
http://leo.stcloudstate.edu/research/puncquotes.html#Exclamation <--agrees

If a statement ends in a quoted question, allow the question mark within the quotation marks suffice to end the sentence.

Malcolm X had the courage to ask the younger generation of American blacks, "What did we do, who preceded you?"
Authority for this section: New York Public Library Writer's Guide to Style and Usage HarperCollins: New York. 1994. 277. Cited with permission, examples our own.
http://grammar.ccc.commnet.edu/grammar/marks/quotation.htm

When a direct question occurs within a larger sentence, it takes a question mark. Note that in the examples below, the question mark supplants the comma that would syntactically belong in its place.   

Would they make it on time? she wondered.

The key question, Can the two sides reach a compromise? was not answered.

“What are we having for dinner?” his son asked.
http://www.thepunctuationguide.com/question-mark.html <-- cites at least two versions of the Chicago Manual of Style on supplementary page linked at bottom

[original in a table format]
Question mark or exclamation point (part of quoted material)

Inside

The Dream Questionnaire items included “How often do you remember your dreams?” and “What do you most often dream about?” We found intriguing results.

When a quotation ending in a question mark or exclamation point ends a sentence, no extra period is needed.
http://blog.apastyle.org/apastyle/2011/08/punctuating-around-quotation-marks.html

Question Marks, Exclamation Points
If the quote itself ends with an exclamation mark or a question mark, include it inside the quotation marks.

Here's a quote: "Will not a righteous God visit for these things?"

Here's the quote used in a sentence: When Douglass asks, "Will not a righteous God visit for these things?" he raises the question of doubt about the future salvation of the "Christian" slaveholders (32).
http://www.lib.usm.edu/legacy/tutorials/mlatutorial/punctuation.html

A general listing of opinions from seven different manuals of style:
http://www.grammarly.com/answers/questions/4726-quotation-marks-and-other-punctuation-inside-or-outside/
« Last Edit: 2014-12-24 15:02:39 by Vir »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: 2014-12-24 15:16:05 »
Thanks for that! The thing is, Barrett is quoting himself and what he himself has just said. I wondered if the rules were different there. 

Vir

• View Profile
« Reply #692 on: 2014-12-24 15:22:05 »
Notwithstanding, he is indicating something spoken aloud.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: 2014-12-24 16:00:15 »
Then, go for it!  ;D

It's decided.

ShiroxCloud

• View Profile
« Reply #694 on: 2014-12-26 06:17:08 »
Well, hi. :)

I've finished the game a few days ago and, since I don't want to replay it right now and I am a bit helpless with modding (more like I'm not interested in this stuff), I was wondering if there is a downloadable file with the whole script -- or scripts, one with the literal translation (as done by Luksy) and another with the localised one.

(I've read the whole topic to see if it hadn't been posted before, but I couldn't find it. I apologise if you actually did do so...)

If not, thanks for all the hard work you've put into all this! :D

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: 2014-12-26 09:04:52 »
There will be, after R02 :)

ShiroxCloud

• View Profile
« Reply #696 on: 2014-12-26 16:33:14 »
Oh, ok, I'll (im)patiently wait for it, then. :)

quequotion

• View Profile
« Reply #697 on: 2014-12-31 03:10:13 »
There will be, after R02 :)
About R02, what's it waiting for? Do you need Japanese help?

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: 2014-12-31 13:33:20 »
Yup.  I am waiting for Luksy to get time and motivation.  We are around 2 hours away from full completion, but can't do a thing without input :)

Legolas

• View Profile
« Reply #699 on: 2015-01-06 14:35:05 »
I've been lurking on this thread ever since late August when I thought a release was going to be imminent.  I'm sure I'm not the only one.  Any chance Luksy just bailed?  Also is there anyone else who can do what he does to finish this release?