Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] Multiple mods and Modding Framework-The Reunion [R06f]  (Read 3020701 times)

Godlift

• View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] Multiple mods - The Reunion (R05c)
« Reply #3725 on: 2017-07-12 22:05:13 »
Thanks for the quick response! I have a couple questions with r06 have the menu overhaul? and which dll do you mean? I would really appreciate if you post or pm me the L02 if you still have a copy because I would like to get started on my play through of ff7 and I just have this one last detail to finish.

I have tried patching R03e just menu overhaul and then R05c just 60 fps and vice versa but they just over wright eachother. I would love the new limiters and 60 fps from R05e and the menu overhaul.
« Last Edit: 2017-07-12 22:07:07 by Godlift »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #3726 on: 2017-07-12 22:28:05 »
I don't have it - and I don't support any older version.  R06 should do what you want, but I have no idea when that will be.

Godlift

• View Profile
« Reply #3727 on: 2017-07-12 22:31:54 »
Okay thank you, look forward to it.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #3728 on: 2017-07-14 20:36:15 »
So, due to Charlie Beer realizing there was an issue - until Red reaches Cosmo Canyon, various places have two dialogues.  One for Red pretending to be adult.. one where the act is dropped. Like here:

{RED XIII}
“Indeed.
  We shall lend a hand.”
------------------------------
{RED XIII}
“Yeah,let’s help them out!”

I am also going to be adding a request by Charlie to allow the user to refer to Red as Nanaki from Cosmo Canyon onwards.  I've figured that I will fade screen to black with a message "Do you wish to refer to {Red XIII} as Nanaki from this point on?  Yes. No.

I also have another little surprise cooked up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xubCItLvNhE
« Last Edit: 2017-07-14 20:39:22 by DLPB »

Salk

• View Profile
« Reply #3729 on: 2017-07-15 05:34:13 »
I am also going to be adding a request by Charlie to allow the user to refer to Red as Nanaki from Cosmo Canyon onwards.  I've figured that I will fade screen to black with a message "Do you wish to refer to {Red XIII} as Nanaki from this point on?  Yes. No.

I think this is an excellent idea.

NadSergio

• View Profile
« Reply #3730 on: 2017-07-16 12:24:44 »
I have found out that one of the materia shop in Junon (discs 2 and 3 post-highwind), has been changed from the original game due to the reunion mod... now selling Magic Plus, Withdraw, Revive, All and some others instead of the orginial materia set (Sense, Seal, Restore, Heal and Revive). Has this been changed on purpose? It's weird but if done so, you've got rid of the only way to get Seal on disc 3 so you may want to change it in the future.

Thanks!

damerell

• View Profile
« Reply #3731 on: 2017-07-16 13:43:48 »
I fear this may be a bit of a hardy perennial already.

The Model Overhaul Cloud has the Buster Sword most of the time, where the original model typically didn't unless he was specifically flourishing it. This has caused a series of issues which if I read the Reunion Database aright are being addressed, but frankly I would prefer that he not have it whenever the original model didn't (and wouldn't it be easier than playing whack-a-mole with individual problems?)

It clips into my perception of where the scenery is constantly, and (while nothing can be done about the times he's actually waving it about) for most of the game I know he's not using the Buster Sword...

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #3732 on: 2017-07-16 15:40:56 »
I made a decision a while back to have the sword out and I am definitely not changing that for the MO.  You can mod the sword out yourself if you really want to do :)  I think it looks much sillier to have a sword appear from nowhere, and I bet they don't do that with the remake.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #3733 on: 2017-07-16 15:42:02 »
I have found out that one of the materia shop in Junon (discs 2 and 3 post-highwind), has been changed from the original game due to the reunion mod... now selling Magic Plus, Withdraw, Revive, All and some others instead of the orginial materia set (Sense, Seal, Restore, Heal and Revive). Has this been changed on purpose? It's weird but if done so, you've got rid of the only way to get Seal on disc 3 so you may want to change it in the future.

Thanks!

Are you saying it's impossible to get seal now that the option was fixed?  (The original shop menu is wrong). If you can get it on any other disc, this isn't a mistake or a problem.

NadSergio

• View Profile
« Reply #3734 on: 2017-07-16 20:17:31 »
Are you saying it's impossible to get seal now that the option was fixed?  (The original shop menu is wrong). If you can get it on any other disc, this isn't a mistake or a problem.

I haven't tried it out on disc 1, but I guess it will be possible to buy the materia at that time. I was just curious about the shop menu thing at disc 3, but if you say the original shop menu was wrong that explanation works for me. I will consider "Seal" missble then

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #3735 on: 2017-07-16 20:23:30 »
Yeah, the shop menu is supposed to change for d3 and due to error did not.

cold_spirit

• View Profile
« Reply #3736 on: 2017-07-17 00:39:10 »
Yeah, the shop menu is supposed to change for d3 and due to error did not.

Interesting, I wasn't aware of this. What was the cause of it not changing? Is there an in-game explanation for the new products? I'm reminded of the weapons shop in Junon that had a delayed shipment.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #3737 on: 2017-07-17 02:14:23 »
No, it's just that the game script programmer forgot to change the ID to the post meteor one for that shop. There is no in-game explanation for increase in shop items anywhere it happens.

damerell

• View Profile
« Reply #3738 on: 2017-07-19 00:54:22 »
In Cosmo Canyon, when Bugenhagen gives his spiel about the Lifestream, shortly after the Planet cracks, the screen goes black and stays black, although music continues to play. This happens with more than one party composition, which was the only thing I could think to try changing (tried with Tifa+Barrett, Yuffie+Aerith). I could supply a savefile if that would help. No other mods installed other than Anxious Heart.

Got past it with a clean install but it seemed worth reporting.

Additionally, with Default Run, if you walk you slip on the oil and hit the spikes in the Gi area shortly afterwards. Presumably this is just like escaping Aerith's house.
« Last Edit: 2017-07-19 01:23:33 by damerell »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #3739 on: 2017-07-19 01:36:24 »
If clean install has no issue, it must have been something else.

As for default run - yup it's the same issue.

damerell

• View Profile
« Reply #3740 on: 2017-07-19 02:06:58 »
If clean install has no issue, it must have been something else.

Perhaps there has been a misunderstanding. By a clean install I mean FF7 without your mod, only with Aali's OpenGL driver. So the something else appears to be The Reunion.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #3741 on: 2017-07-19 02:26:35 »
Ah, well in that case, there may be a serious issue.  Still...  i'd expect others to have this issue.  Please provide me with Save.

damerell

• View Profile
« Reply #3742 on: 2017-07-19 09:18:42 »
http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~damerell/games/save01.ff7

It's the most recent save in that file, as you'd expect.

I admit I'd expect others to have reported the same issue too, and the obvious conclusion would be that I'd installed some other mod and made a mess of things - now, I say I haven't but I appreciate users are unreliable narrators. If you can't reproduce this, I'll go back to the CDs and install everything afresh again, and try again.

It may be useful to know I installed The Reunion making the following changes from the defaults presented - turn off American English, turn on all Tweaks - and I was working from an Old PC copy.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #3743 on: 2017-07-19 12:31:16 »
It might be something to do with it being an old PC copy; there was a fault of some kind at that stage of the game which required the 1.02 patch to fix. As far as I know, that patch should be implemented automatically with Aali's Driver though. Just to check, the PC copy you have isn't the Ultimania edition is it?

The other thing might be a video or audio problem; certain scenes are programmed to progress once an FMV or audio track has reached a certain point. If those are messed around with, then it can cause issues.

damerell

• View Profile
« Reply #3744 on: 2017-07-19 13:22:42 »
It might be something to do with it being an old PC copy; there was a fault of some kind at that stage of the game which required the 1.02 patch to fix. As far as I know, that patch should be implemented automatically with Aali's Driver though. Just to check, the PC copy you have isn't the Ultimania edition is it?
I'm not sure what that is, but I have the original CD release - it's certainly nothing later because I bought it circa 1998.
The other thing might be a video or audio problem; certain scenes are programmed to progress once an FMV or audio track has reached a certain point. If those are messed around with, then it can cause issues.
If DLPB can't reproduce I'll try without Absolute Heart - that's the only video/audio messing around I've done.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #3745 on: 2017-07-19 13:24:14 »
Try with proper patch 1.02 and Aali's driver and let me know.  I very much doubt I'd be able to replicate.

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
« Reply #3746 on: 2017-07-19 15:49:18 »
I'm not sure what that is, but I have the original CD release - it's certainly nothing later because I bought it circa 1998.If DLPB can't reproduce I'll try without Absolute Heart - that's the only video/audio messing around I've done.

You said something interesting which brings me to the question. Have you moved the movie folder to your hard drive or does it still read from the disc?

damerell

• View Profile
« Reply #3747 on: 2017-07-20 05:50:08 »
Try with proper patch 1.02 and Aali's driver and let me know.  I very much doubt I'd be able to replicate.
I did apply patch 1.02 after install and before anything else. I'm going to do a reinstall from scratch just to be sure. Also, I've got a bunch of earlier FF7 saves (pre-Reunion, perhaps even from the late 90s) on backup media and I'll check to see if any of them are in a position to try it.
You said something interesting which brings me to the question. Have you moved the movie folder to your hard drive or does it still read from the disc?
Hard drive. (Not a lot of point really since I dd-ed off the CD images long ago and mount the image files, so it would be no slower.)

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #3748 on: 2017-07-20 16:12:08 »
Since I have gotten better at looping music - and am also using programs to aid in it - I have revisited some of the music. These are the ones that need fixing (loop points out - clicking and popping [usually v slight])

pursuing the man in a black cloak (starts at 0)
Anxious Heart
while travelling (starts at 0 check)
blood trail - starts at 0
infiltrating - stars at 0
farm boy - starts at 0
tifas theme starts at 0 - check
coast of the sun
land of exile
planets chosen one check
barrett's theme
coal mining town
highwind
gold saucer - starts at 0
frontier village - check
debut
from depths of despair - starts at 0
treasured memories
temple of ancients - starts at 0
mark of traitor starts at 0 - check
great crater of north (fixed already)
cid's theme - starts at 0
hear voice of the planet (fixed - new loopstart 375094)
who am i (fixed - new loopstart 579690)
wutai -starts at 0- check
The reunion - starts at 0 - check
shinra full scale offensive
a secret sleeping in the deep (fixed - new loopstart  1173800)
birth of a god - check
prelude (fixed - new loopstart 2077112)

The ones starting at loopstart zero are usually ok - but not perfect, since the reverb doesn't follow on if you do that. Mostly people won't even notice this, but I am fixing it anyway.

gibbdude

• View Profile
« Reply #3749 on: 2017-07-24 19:49:48 »
Godo really should be Godot. It's a French name - taken from Samuel Beckett's play Waiting for Godot - and is therefore pronounced according to that language's phonetics. Otherwise, pretty awesome translation.
« Last Edit: 2017-07-24 19:52:34 by gibbdude »