Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.99994)  (Read 4839979 times)

MoCheese

• View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v1.5)
« Reply #5975 on: 2017-08-13 00:46:52 »
To anyone having problems with Shake in the Pagoda. L5 Suicide works great.

Seraphos

• View Profile
« Reply #5976 on: 2017-08-13 10:21:20 »
I forgot there was a reason that Party Leader swap was locked behind the Crater; there's no handler for Tifa/Cid being leader at the actual party split scenes. I'll add a special script to the Save Points in the Crater that forces party swap for Cloud as leader and send you it tonight. Are you on 7H IRO or the regular installer

I'm on the regular installer, thanks for the prompt reply, and thanks for the mod in general, it's fantastic and clearly a lot of work has been put into it.
« Last Edit: 2017-08-13 10:37:23 by Seraphos »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #5977 on: 2017-08-13 12:19:47 »
I'm on the regular installer, thanks for the prompt reply, and thanks for the mod in general, it's fantastic and clearly a lot of work has been put into it.

This is a special patch to specifically deal with the problem Seraphos has encountered: https://www.mediafire.com/file/9fn1g84rwlm1w89/NT%20Mod%20HotFix%20flevel%20special.zip

In the first screen of the North Crater (the area where the first Save Point appears) a script has been added that should run automatically when entering this area; it checks for party leader + game moment. If Cloud is not leader & the bottom of the crater hasn't been reached, it'll warp you to the Operations Room on the Highwind so that party leader can be changed.

Avoid going down into the Crater with Tifa or Cid as party leader until after you've been down to the bottom at least once. I'll be setting party swap back up to only be available after finishing the first descent again with the next proper field patch.

Aquarii

• View Profile
« Reply #5978 on: 2017-08-13 13:01:05 »
Okay, the newest Updates (10th August) somehow broke my Game (?). Not using the 7h IRO Version.
I´m at the Save Point on the Rocket Launching Pad and my PHS doesn´t work anymore. I cannot change my current Party because there aren´t any other Party-Members in the list lol. Yuffie and Vincent also disapperead in the Highwind.
After smashing the Shinra No.26 into Meteor, as soon as i leave the Highwind, Pearl Weapon appears right away and he´s going his way to Midgar. Seems like the "Bugenhagen and the Cetra-Arc" was skipped.

Edited a Pic from the Highwind Item Shop after the Shinra No.26 Scenes:
Spoiler: show

My other Savefiles do work propertly. So the error occured only on this file. Don´t know why.
« Last Edit: 2017-08-13 22:52:36 by Aquarii »

Soulofsteel

• View Profile
« Reply #5979 on: 2017-08-13 17:33:25 »
I remember seeing Fort Condor related issues in a post a little while back but I can't recall what it was exactly so this may be a repeat. After the Illuyankas fight in the lower part of Junon, and the following events with Priscilla, including getting Shiva, is when the first Fort Condor battle message pops up and upon briefly leaving that screen, the teleport NPC shows up as well. First I thought there was a battle set BEFORE the Illuyankas fight, but regardless, I teleported when I saw the NPC but no fight was available. Am I missing something or is there a problem with the FC battles?

EDIT: I first tried this on updates from over a week ago, tried installing new ones and nothing changed.
« Last Edit: 2017-08-13 17:39:42 by Soulofsteel »

Webbhead08

• View Profile
« Reply #5980 on: 2017-08-13 22:04:01 »
Tseng (Rocket Town) has Nothing to Steal, and drops Super Shot ST - excel doc says you can steal the super shot and he drops an elixir which does not appear to be correct.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #5981 on: 2017-08-13 23:45:53 »
Okay, the newest Updates (10th August) somehow broke my Game (?). Not using the 7h IRO Version.
I´m at the Save Point on the Rocket Launching Pad and my PHS doesn´t work anymore. I cannot change my current Party because there aren´t any other Party-Members in the list lol. Yuffie and Vincent also disapperead in the Highwind.
After smashing the Shinra No.26 into Meteor, as soon as i leave the Highwind, Pearl Weapon appears right away and he´s going his way to Midgar. Seems like the "Bugenhagen and the Cetra-Arc" was skipped.

Edited a Pic from the Highwind Item Shop after the Shinra No.26 Scenes:
Spoiler: show

My other Savefiles do work propertly. So the error occured only on this file. Don´t know why.

Really odd; the character portraits are greyed out as well. Could I get a copy of that save file? Wouldn't mind poking around in that.

I remember seeing Fort Condor related issues in a post a little while back but I can't recall what it was exactly so this may be a repeat. After the Illuyankas fight in the lower part of Junon, and the following events with Priscilla, including getting Shiva, is when the first Fort Condor battle message pops up and upon briefly leaving that screen, the teleport NPC shows up as well. First I thought there was a battle set BEFORE the Illuyankas fight, but regardless, I teleported when I saw the NPC but no fight was available. Am I missing something or is there a problem with the FC battles?

EDIT: I first tried this on updates from over a week ago, tried installing new ones and nothing changed.

I think it's:

Fight #1) When you first visit Fort Condor
Fight #2) When you beat Illuyu and Cloud is alone
Fight #3) When Cloud goes into the water; you must leave the water again and head for Condor again

If he turned up before the fight then I don't know, I'll need to check the trigger.

Tseng (Rocket Town) has Nothing to Steal, and drops Super Shot ST - excel doc says you can steal the super shot and he drops an elixir which does not appear to be correct.

Sorry about this; I must have made some last minute changes to make sure everything was placed.

Aquarii

• View Profile
« Reply #5982 on: 2017-08-14 00:26:49 »
Really odd; the character portraits are greyed out as well. Could I get a copy of that save file? Wouldn't mind poking around in that.

Sure. This data has 2 files. The first one is before launching the rocket and the other one is after Pearl Weapon appeared:

Seraphos

• View Profile
« Reply #5983 on: 2017-08-14 01:18:40 »
This is a special patch to specifically deal with the problem Seraphos has encountered: https://www.mediafire.com/file/9fn1g84rwlm1w89/NT%20Mod%20HotFix%20flevel%20special.zip

It teleported to me to the chocobo room, a bit jankily but also successfully, so thanks again, problem solved! :D

Metsys

• View Profile
« Reply #5984 on: 2017-08-14 17:01:43 »
Dunno if i have to do something first, but i can't trigger Zack flashback to get ultima weapon and lvl 4 limit break for cloud, is this a bug?
Maybe it's because i skipped the "cloud discovers himself" cutscenes and the game can't recognize that i already "saw" it

Soulofsteel

• View Profile
« Reply #5985 on: 2017-08-14 17:31:09 »
Fight #1) When you first visit Fort Condor
Fight #2) When you beat Illuyu and Cloud is alone
Fight #3) When Cloud goes into the water; you must leave the water again and head for Condor again

If he turned up before the fight then I don't know, I'll need to check the trigger.
I was hyper vigilant about going back to FC to check just in case the NPC didn't show. So I checked back as soon as I left FC the first time, no battle. I got to Junon, went back to check manually, no battle. Tried doing everything I could before Illuyankas, manually going back, no battle. Fought Illu, ran back with just Cloud, no battle. I got Shiva, teleport NPC appeared, I used him to port there, and STILL no battle. I teleported back after not doing a battle, ran there just in case that changed anything, and no battle. So it seems that my second battle is refusing to trigger for some reason. I haven't tried getting in the water, but I dont want to skip battle 2 which seems to be what would happen.

ArsusFH

• View Profile
« Reply #5986 on: 2017-08-14 18:06:31 »
Sooo i just finished disc 1 and went to change my party and Aerith wasnt there...
Wasnt Aerith supposed to stay in the party even after her death?
Cloud never used a Phoenix Down on her either
Also just noticed that i have a ribbon suddenly on my inventory
« Last Edit: 2017-08-14 18:32:57 by ArsusFH »

atro city

• View Profile
« Reply #5987 on: 2017-08-14 19:05:19 »
Having fun with the mod so far, although one thing kind of has me confused. On the Highwind I encounter Ziegfried in the chocobo room by going into a corner (?) and he promptly kills himself. Is this a bug or intended? From what I read Ziegfried is encountered in forests but I haven't found him there yet.

ComradeDroog

• View Profile
« Reply #5988 on: 2017-08-14 20:03:30 »
Playing through all the end game content, here's what I've come across so far:

- Talking to the guy on the highwind in the chocobo room triggers a fight with Zigfried for some reason.

- The enemy you fight to get Pandora's Box after handing in the Earth harp does not cast Pandora's Box. Instead, the squirrel thing casts Magnitude8 a couple times and then dies. I mean, I didn't have that enemy skill, so cool I guess, just not the one I fought a giant underwater Lovecraftian Godzilla monster-thing for :P

- I was really expecting to see Palmer on Cid's lvl 4 limit sidequest. Instead that was...random. But OK.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #5989 on: 2017-08-14 22:30:10 »
Dunno if i have to do something first, but i can't trigger Zack flashback to get ultima weapon and lvl 4 limit break for cloud, is this a bug?
Maybe it's because i skipped the "cloud discovers himself" cutscenes and the game can't recognize that i already "saw" it

It won't be because of the skip; the conditions are:
-) Must be on Disc 3
-) Cloud must be party leader

The other two are vars for locking the event after it has been completed and unlocking it again if it wasn't completed. If the two requirements mentioned above are met but it's still not playing then let me know and I'll see about tracking down the cause + fixing it.

Sooo i just finished disc 1 and went to change my party and Aerith wasnt there...
Wasnt Aerith supposed to stay in the party even after her death?
Cloud never used a Phoenix Down on her either
Also just noticed that i have a ribbon suddenly on my inventory

During the scene when Cloud approaches the altar, a dialogue option appears; the top one, in red, causes her to die while the 2nd one in grey will keep her around. If she doesn't survive then the player gets an early Ribbon. There's currently a switch on the Highwind that can toggle her on and off at present (might keep this there permanently).

Having fun with the mod so far, although one thing kind of has me confused. On the Highwind I encounter Ziegfried in the chocobo room by going into a corner (?) and he promptly kills himself. Is this a bug or intended? From what I read Ziegfried is encountered in forests but I haven't found him there yet.

I had him there for debugging purposes, because I can trigger the battle quickly through the talk script. This is probably the 10th time where I've forgotten to remove these before putting up a patch. It'll be gone from the next one; sorry for the confusion.

Playing through all the end game content, here's what I've come across so far:

- Talking to the guy on the highwind in the chocobo room triggers a fight with Zigfried for some reason.

- The enemy you fight to get Pandora's Box after handing in the Earth harp does not cast Pandora's Box. Instead, the squirrel thing casts Magnitude8 a couple times and then dies. I mean, I didn't have that enemy skill, so cool I guess, just not the one I fought a giant underwater Lovecraftian Godzilla monster-thing for :P

- I was really expecting to see Palmer on Cid's lvl 4 limit sidequest. Instead that was...random. But OK.

1) It was a debug thing I was doing to fix the fight, it'll be gone from next patch.

2) Ah, my bad; I'll need to sort this out. The enemy that teaches Pandora's Box was supposed to be there. I'll set something up.

3) OK

Metsys

• View Profile
« Reply #5990 on: 2017-08-14 23:11:44 »
It won't be because of the skip; the conditions are:
-) Must be on Disc 3
-) Cloud must be party leader

The other two are vars for locking the event after it has been completed and unlocking it again if it wasn't completed. If the two requirements mentioned above are met but it's still not playing then let me know and I'll see about tracking down the cause + fixing it.
I have cloud, and it's supposed to be disc 3.
It's weird because the tifa piano cutscene isn't triggering either (i play the notes perfectly)

tried going to pagoda tower to get yuffie all creation with leviathan scales, didnt work either
tried going to cid's house to beat his apretince, didn't trigger either

It's like the game isn't recognizing that it's in part 3.
Is there anything i can do to tell the game that im in disc 3? maybe actually entering the northen cave instead of just running away the second i have control

atro city

• View Profile
« Reply #5991 on: 2017-08-15 00:24:12 »
I had him there for debugging purposes, because I can trigger the battle quickly through the talk script. This is probably the 10th time where I've forgotten to remove these before putting up a patch. It'll be gone from the next one; sorry for the confusion.

No problem, I figured it was probably something like that. Also found another bug in the Midgar Raid where the weapons from the shop at Shinra HQ aren't put in my inventory. I also noticed that the Maxim gun (forgot the exact name) says "Rapid fire AP" or something to that effect, but it only has normal growth.

Edit: Just beat the Shinra Curator and man...that's just rude. Though I think even if I knew what was coming, I would've killed it anyway. No hunk of scrap's going to tell me when I can visit the diorama.
« Last Edit: 2017-08-15 02:27:08 by atro city »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #5992 on: 2017-08-15 02:45:02 »
I have cloud, and it's supposed to be disc 3.
It's weird because the tifa piano cutscene isn't triggering either (i play the notes perfectly)

tried going to pagoda tower to get yuffie all creation with leviathan scales, didnt work either
tried going to cid's house to beat his apretince, didn't trigger either

It's like the game isn't recognizing that it's in part 3.
Is there anything i can do to tell the game that im in disc 3? maybe actually entering the northen cave instead of just running away the second i have control

Try the following:

-) Make sure latest patches are installed/latest IRO is being played.
-) Visit the bottom of the North Crater and then return.

After reaching the bottom of North Cave, a phone call should be received from the Highwind. If this doesn't happen, then it means the flevel scripts aren't installed.

VHobel

• View Profile
« Reply #5993 on: 2017-08-15 14:50:32 »
What lvl is Elena? I can't steal from her with lvl72 Cloud. I just mugged her to death from max HP. Twice.

Edit: Same with Rude.
« Last Edit: 2017-08-15 17:03:29 by VHobel »

Metsys

• View Profile
« Reply #5994 on: 2017-08-15 16:21:02 »
Try the following:

-) Make sure latest patches are installed/latest IRO is being played.
-) Visit the bottom of the North Crater and then return.

After reaching the bottom of North Cave, a phone call should be received from the Highwind. If this doesn't happen, then it means the flevel scripts aren't installed.

I went to the bottom, and finally it worked. Thanks man!
I loved the mod, but it would be great if you could change some things (Played 1.4 and in disc 3, 1.5, i don't know if you changed any of this in 1.5)
1- Try to add more protagonism to Aeris instead of just make her another background character. Let her talk in Highwind discussions, for example.
2- A lot of boss battles lost the "boss feeling" for me when you changed the battle music for another. it's fine if you want more tracks to be used, but personally, and i think a lot of people agree, i like to get pumped up with the boss battle music

Also, is there a place where i can farm AP? i assume the 3 red balls in the northren cave still exist

ArsusFH

• View Profile
« Reply #5995 on: 2017-08-15 16:35:03 »
I just got the Highwind but where/How do i put Aerith back on? Like do i have to be on disc 3? or do i need to have Cloud on party?

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #5996 on: 2017-08-15 20:09:23 »
What lvl is Elena? I can't steal from her with lvl72 Cloud. I just mugged her to death from max HP. Twice.

Edit: Same with Rude.

Ordinarily they're around Lv.70 but in Arrange they get a +20 Level buff; this has created a problem I didn't anticipate with Stealing. NT alters player level in order to keep physical damage on a more steady curve but a side-effect of this is that it makes stealing from higher level enemies significantly more difficult.

To compensate, Steal chance for high-level enemies was set to max; the Sneak Glove becomes available around about the time when enemies start hitting Lv.70-90 so it seemed to be OK. But Arrange ramps up levels sooner and I didn't take how that would impact on steal into consideration. The only way I can sort this is to make the Sneak Glove available much earlier in Arrange Mode so that steal-rates don't cause headaches.

I worked out the steal chance you have vs. Arrange Mode Turks in Midgar; there's no possibility of a successful steal without a Sneak Glove equipped, even with the item chance being set at its maximum possible value. Sorry about that  :-X

I went to the bottom, and finally it worked. Thanks man!
I loved the mod, but it would be great if you could change some things (Played 1.4 and in disc 3, 1.5, i don't know if you changed any of this in 1.5)
1- Try to add more protagonism to Aeris instead of just make her another background character. Let her talk in Highwind discussions, for example.
2- A lot of boss battles lost the "boss feeling" for me when you changed the battle music for another. it's fine if you want more tracks to be used, but personally, and i think a lot of people agree, i like to get pumped up with the boss battle music

Also, is there a place where i can farm AP? i assume the 3 red balls in the northren cave still exist

I tried to make Aeris passive because initially it was done as a surprise and because I thought it would be neat to have 9 characters instead of 8 for end-game stuff as a gameplay-only mod. It impacts the story though, so I wanted to keep her role in things to an absolute minimum to avoid complaints (the Observatory scene is the only one where she plays an active role, mostly because it was unavoidable).

But over time, I decided to tackle the game's dialogue and scenes to try and do some work with the story-side of things. I don't know if I'll make Aeris more involved with goings-on but if there's enough requests for it then I'll consider doing it.

I think most story-bosses are intended to use the regular boss theme; Disc 3 bosses use other themes, but I could revert some of these to the regular boss theme and only have very specific fights use a different one.

North Crater was set up as the best place to get AP, etc. Movers give the most, Magic Pots also give a big chunk and will accept Ethers instead of Elixirs now to make it cheaper to farm.

I just got the Highwind but where/How do i put Aerith back on? Like do i have to be on disc 3? or do i need to have Cloud on party?

You have to be on Disc 3 to unlock the debug NPC, I'm afraid. I can change this with a patch though if you want her back for Disc 2. I'll upload a special field patch to do this tonight.

VHobel

• View Profile
« Reply #5997 on: 2017-08-15 21:57:22 »
Ordinarily they're around Lv.70 but in Arrange they get a +20 Level buff; this has created a problem I didn't anticipate with Stealing. NT alters player level in order to keep physical damage on a more steady curve but a side-effect of this is that it makes stealing from higher level enemies significantly more difficult.

To compensate, Steal chance for high-level enemies was set to max; the Sneak Glove becomes available around about the time when enemies start hitting Lv.70-90 so it seemed to be OK. But Arrange ramps up levels sooner and I didn't take how that would impact on steal into consideration. The only way I can sort this is to make the Sneak Glove available much earlier in Arrange Mode so that steal-rates don't cause headaches.

I had no trouble stealing until this point. It felt alright. If you don't mind or deem it unbalanced you could just make them drop the armor. Stealing doesn't add any depth or strategy to the fight and is more an annoyance than anything else. Some other bosses also don't require stealing.

ArsusFH

• View Profile
« Reply #5998 on: 2017-08-15 22:00:02 »

You have to be on Disc 3 to unlock the debug NPC, I'm afraid. I can change this with a patch though if you want her back for Disc 2. I'll upload a special field patch to do this tonight.

That would be great. Thank You  ;D

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #5999 on: 2017-08-15 22:10:31 »
I had no trouble stealing until this point. It felt alright. If you don't mind or deem it unbalanced you could just make them drop the armor. Stealing doesn't add any depth or strategy to the fight and is more an annoyance than anything else. Some other bosses also don't require stealing.

In that case, I'll set them as drops instead.