Author Topic: [FF7PC] Sephiroth Story mod with new villian and motive! (2016-01-08)  (Read 83344 times)

cmh175

• View Profile
    • Chris Hendrickson's Artstation
Well just let me know when it look's ready. Automating as much of that as possible is your best bet to reduce user error. I can include just about everything in a 7H mod other than magic.lgp files (code's corrupt and crashes) so it'll work pretty well for this. It's mostly the flevel and kernel that's been edited right? I can also set up a 7H catalog subscription for you, it'll release updates for you automatically so those using your mod don't have to keep downloading new versions if you add or fix something.

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
The exe is edited is well. So it's not possible to create a pure 7th Heaven mod. We need the ability to use DLPB's Hext_in with it. It's too bad that Iros isn't working on it anymore (I hope he's OK...  :-\).
Still with the features it has the mod can be installed without overwriting any files, because it's possible to point 7th Heaven to another ff7.exe (FF7-ProjectS.exe for example).

:-D A new Blender is out! There are also a lot of interesting builds: http://www.graphicall.org/builds/

Hitachis

• View Profile
Hey guys

can i use the Black Chocobo save editor to fix the flashback problem on this mod

thanks

Kaldarasha

• View Profile
Wait for the patch.

genesis063

• Self proclaimed number 1 Sephiroth fanboy
    • View Profile
For those stuck on the Nibelheim flash back you need to use the Black Chocobo because the kernel only applies to starting party data at new game.  For those just starting this issue is fixed.  For those playing it already use the save anywhere feature to save after the bridge then exit and change Barret to Sephiroth then the issue will be resolved.  I am releasing a patch for the issue to correct it.  Also at the basement when you go down to talk to Sephiroth the game will hang for how I initially wanted it to go.  This is fixed as well and you'll need to patch.  For this you can just encode with ulgp or create a patch from lgp tool or just open the lgp and replace it with the file.  The file is sininb2 ID: 303.  For those of you just starting to download and playing a fresh game after the patch is released let me know if your still having the same issue.

Hitachis

• View Profile
Hey genesis063

I have a quick question to ask about this mod

will this mod softlock, if sephiroth replaces cloud in the lifestream scean

thanks

genesis063

• View Profile
The lifestream scene is implied it will not actually go in there.  The movie will play then it will cut to them being washed up back on top.

Hitachis

• View Profile
Hey

How is the final battle fix coming along

are we allowed yet to fight kyte at the final battle

thanks

genesis063

• View Profile
Not currently working on it yet.  I am going to check how the hardcore mod did it.  Right now I am touching up on the text and script execution.  Got the Reactor 5 scene to work how I want.  On the weekend I will probably get to the boss battle.

Hitachis

• View Profile
Hey

how do you patch files on this mod

thanks
« Last Edit: 2014-05-01 11:31:57 by Hitachis »

cmh175

• View Profile
Hey

how do you patch files on this mod

thanks

Pretty sure a patch is being developed. You should wait for updates to be posted, not ask for them.

Hitachis

• View Profile
Hey guys

I have no idea how to patch this mod at all

so is there any youtube videos you guys could upload for me

because i have no idea how to patch mods

thanks

Hitachis

• View Profile
this mod was easier to setup

when it was first made

now its impoissable for me to set it up on my own

genesis063

• View Profile
Thanks to cmh175 for helping me getting the catalog for this mod to work and outlining the steps for me.  The mod should be a whole lot easier to download now.  Link to the mod is in the first post as well as the steps to install it.

Kaldarasha

• View Profile
Where is the link for the exe? Could you please overhaul your first post I have download the mod 2 times one time through the link and the other time through 7H
(it's stated 5/28/2014 :-o )
A change log would be better as the undefined 'update'. I have no idea which update represents the current stage. :|
« Last Edit: 2014-05-23 10:44:35 by Kaldarasha »

Kaldarasha

• View Profile
(in that case data\battle)

No 'data\' before battle then it should work. At last the Kernel.bin's work this way if they are only placed in Kernel. I check the mod path thing, I did get it to work once. Are these png and xml files need in the flevel.lgp?

EDIT
The trick to use Aali's mod path is to disable compressed texture and delete the cache folder.

OK scene.bin seems to be a tricky one, if not an impossible one.
« Last Edit: 2014-05-23 15:49:53 by Kaldarasha »

cmh175

• View Profile
The kernel should be working, last I recall I'd zipped it in it's own file. Otherwise it just needs to be removed from the data\kernel file from when I was trying to get the scene.bin to work (in data\battle). The scene.bin seems tricky, I think 7H is reading the battle folder as the Aali mod path. To get it to work 7H would probably need direct .bin file support. Otherwise the scene.bin will need to be copied into the games files. Maybe just using the Direct folders, so it still doesn't overwrite the original.

Kaldarasha

• View Profile
It would be even better if I could difine a path for a file.
The direct mode is only for lgp files. :cry:

cmh175

• View Profile
Damn really? I thought it would work for anything in the data\battle folder. Well, I guess use the original file path and keep a backup of the original scene.bin than. I updated Genesis how to correct the iro, so the catalog update feature will work again as well. You'll just have to download and add the scene.bin separately.

I didn't notice the xml's in the flevel, interesting. Looks like it's for the new dialogue. I didn't know it could work that way, pretty cool.

genesis063

• View Profile
I already responded to cmh about this but I'll post it here as well for other peoples benefit.  I will work on testing this and get the results out.  I am currently at home with family for two weeks so can't guarantee it to be out anytime soon and give an update.   In regards to the exe you can get it off my site easily or search for it here.  The only thing is I haven't replaced the one with the rename but it should still have Sephiroth limits in it.  I found a way to make Cloud's better.  I just renamed Barret's in the kernel bin and then edited the ones themselves through libre.  I will repost a link with the updated exe and kernel bin patch for it here soon if not shortly.

destroythevoice

• View Profile
How exactly do I install this mod...?  I'm new to this.  I want Sephiroth to be the main character like the Scorpicus patch but so many animations are still missing. 

genesis063

• View Profile
It would be better if you install 7th heaven and copy and paste the catalogue url into the subscription box.  In regards to animations if you are speaking of field ones then some animations he cannot do as he has no support for them.  You can port some of Reno's and Tseng's into his but not all will be compatible.  As a result some that I thought might work at the time just looks weird and very unappealing.  This is why the dolphin and the cpr are taking out completely.  If in regards to battle animations those are very tricky.  I am in the process of copying over Cloud's.  However since Sephiroth has a lot more parts to his Skeleton I need to do a lot of tweaking to the hair and coat tails.  The trick to the hair is finding the best place and way to resize it and make as compatible with other animations as possible.  I have no time table for the battle ones as I am 90% done but had to restart due to misunderstanding what animation went with what.  I will hopefully be able to release something middle of this coming year.  For now you should be able to play it most of the way through.  Some of the final parts are a little messing that I am working on fixing.

mustangtony8732

• View Profile
Im new to this, I downloaded 7th heaven, not quite sure what to do with this 300+mb .iro file I have... it didnt come with a read me, is there anyway i can open this file or a read me to guide me on how to install this mod?

after doing some more reading, and a little messing around, i got to where i Import the .iro so I went to straight up import that file, seemed to work, i activated the mod and it say actviated, i went to go launch the game from the 7th heaven program and got this error now

edit after edit lol.... now I got rid of the error message I got after I clicked launch game from 7th heaven. but when I click play to start the game nothing happens, no loading, no flicker, nothing shows up... now what could be causing this??
« Last Edit: 2014-12-21 15:09:06 by mustangtony8732 »

mustangtony8732

• View Profile
i just want to play as seph like everyone else lol........ :P

edit....

restarted my computer and tried to re open, i clicked play and it looked like it was going to start, then i got a "cannot open or read(something like that) ff7-en.exe"
tried again after closing and went back to doing nothing, no screen pop up. somebody please help me lol i feel im so close yet so far... i have not done ANY other mods, and I havnt edit or added anything to the game, drivers etc nothing. just 7th heaven.
« Last Edit: 2014-12-21 15:39:03 by mustangtony8732 »

genesis063

• View Profile
As far as I know this is mostly compatible with the old FF7.  If you are trying to use the new steam version or the like then issues can arise.  I noticed it was the rerelease version when it had the ff7-en.exe which correct me if I am wrong is only seen on the newer ones.  I would run the patch converters found here on the forums and should be in tools section first page I think.