Author Topic: Can't send PMs anymore?  (Read 1153 times)

Roden

• Crazy poster
    • View Profile
Can't send PMs anymore?
« on: 2014-10-23 20:51:55 »
So I signed up to use the forum legitmately (and also use PMs), and after sending a grand total of 1 message I can no longer send anymore. Also related problem is that there are no rules regarding new members and when privileges become available etc.

Also a lot of the time I get "temporarily unavailable" when using the forum.

Though on the plus side you fixed the problem of being able to register, I don't think I could register for six months or so perhaps!

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • No life
  • The Great Redarr.
    • View Profile
Re: Can't send PMs anymore?
« Reply #1 on: 2014-10-23 21:42:07 »
PMs are ordinarily enabled after 5 posts. It's possible that you were able to send one before that through some glitch in the system, but it definitely should be enabled now. If it still doesn't work for whatever reason, I'll look into it.

The "Temporarily unavailable" issue is a well known problem because our server sucks. As far as I know, there are no plans to find better hosting, but plans change so who knows.

Roden

• Crazy poster
    • View Profile
Re: Can't send PMs anymore?
« Reply #2 on: 2014-10-23 21:44:44 »
PMs are ordinarily enabled after 5 posts. It's possible that you were able to send one before that through some glitch in the system, but it definitely should be enabled now. If it still doesn't work for whatever reason, I'll look into it.

The "Temporarily unavailable" issue is a well known problem because our server sucks. As far as I know, there are no plans to find better hosting, but plans change so who knows.
Thanks, awesome support! I see it working now :)