Author Topic: Mods for PSX  (Read 5466 times)

TyDoMaster

Mods for PSX
« on: 2008-01-09 05:09:00 »
Hey I know that this has been asked before but I read all the topics and still found no answers.
So I'm gonna ask two questions

1: what mods are confirmed to work for the PSX version (replcing scene.bin or some such)
and 2: how do you get them to work? what do you have to do scene.bin? or is that even right?
I LOVE Final Fantasy VII but I'm not very good at modding so if one of you nice people could please give me some very simple instructions I would be most gratefull

thanks in advance!

halkun

• Global moderator
  • NicoNico :)
    • View Profile
    • Q-Gears Homepage
Re: Mods for PSX
« Reply #1 on: 2008-01-10 08:51:51 »
Short answer: None of them

A little longer answer: the PSX version is hard-coded where it's data is. You move the location of one byte and the whole system crashes. The PSX and PC are different.

Olie

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008-01-15 10:57:50 »
wrong you dont need to directly edit the Image of the game.

if u get a plugin that extracts the Textures then you make them high res in photoshop. after that if you got a GFX plugin that can load the new high res textures over the old ones.

dont know if this is possible yet. but there is over 100,00 textures to do if u ever tried.

Otokoshi

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008-01-19 00:00:38 »
Wouldn't replacing the high res (read larger) textures with the originals offset the location of the data, resulting in a crash?

halkun

• Global moderator
  • NicoNico :)
    • View Profile
    • Q-Gears Homepage
« Reply #4 on: 2008-01-19 00:59:27 »
Yup, you can't edit the sizes of the files, if you move or alter any location of the data it will crash.

Olie

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008-01-19 11:26:48 »
yes true but you can inject textures.
PC dosent crash when using larger textures just is all fucked up :D

squeeble

• GOOGLE GODDAMIT!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008-01-19 21:56:14 »
To "inject" a texture you would have to alter the file size like said thus causing a crash, and PC textures work fine when modified if you know what your doing.

Olie

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008-01-20 10:41:33 »
hhhhmmmm aight but injecting aint modifieng file size is it?

ah, well i guess i was wrong.

Myria kitty

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008-01-22 00:47:55 »
The PSX has a very limited amount of memory.  The game is meticulous about where it loads things and how big they are, because there is little spare memory.  There are even limitations in how textures work, like that all textures for rendering a scene must fit "visually" within the 1024x512 video memory.