Author Topic: Unable to get past the Keyboard screen(Found a workaround, controller now works)  (Read 4251 times)

Aktulu

• View Profile
Hey fellas, so I launched Final fantasy 8 it boots up fine but when it gets to the "Keyboard" screen I press "x" on my keyboard but can't get past this screen. I haven't had any problems like this before, and i'm having the same problem with Final Fantasy 7. Have any of you guys had this problem before? If so how'd you fix it?

I'm using my xbox one controller with the wireless dongle connected.
« Last Edit: 2016-03-24 08:57:11 by Aktulu »

FatedCourage

• I'll never regret knowing you.
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
Re: Unable to get past the Keyboard screen
« Reply #1 on: 2016-03-05 07:30:02 »
Do you have Windows 10 by any chance?

Aktulu

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2016-03-05 09:41:21 »
Yes, windows 10 pro. Weird, after that latest update that seems like when the problems started happening.

FatedCourage

• I'll never regret knowing you.
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #3 on: 2016-03-05 15:47:13 »
Yes, windows 10 pro. Weird, after that latest update that seems like when the problems started happening.

From what I've learned, it seems the newest update broke the driver for the controller. I couldn't play some of my own PC games until I reverted the driver back to an older version.

I found a fix to do that here. All works for me now and I hope it does the same for you. Should be the fix closest to the last post.

http://forum.halomaps.org/index.cfm?page=topic&topicID=49128
« Last Edit: 2016-03-05 15:57:35 by FatedCourage »

Aktulu

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2016-03-05 20:46:37 »
Thanks man, that worked.

Aktulu

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2016-03-24 08:54:02 »
Kinda redonkulous cause with Windows 10 it reinstalls that update and the problem resurfaces! LOL

Anyways, I've found a workaround tho to get my controller to work! All you have to do is have the controller plugged in (wired or wireless) and start the game. When you get to the "Keyboard" screen and it want you to press X on the keyboard to continue, all you have to do is unplug the controller from the pc and press X on the keyboard, then hit the windows button on your keyboard and that should take you to the desktop. Reconnect your controller to the pc and open the FF8 game (which was minimized when you pressed the windows button), you should now be on the Main screen and your controller should be working now!

It also works on FF7 too. When you get to the "Keyboard" screen, disconnect the controller from the pc and press X then reconnect the usb controller to the pc and the controller should work after that.

Note: don't go into the config for the controller, you won't be able to go back to the ingame menu if you do.