Author Topic: [FFIX STEAM] Model swapping?  (Read 7455 times)

Tetraspore

• View Profile
[FFIX STEAM] Model swapping?
« on: 2017-06-06 20:20:45 »
I've posted in other threads about this, but I feel it would be prudent to create my own thread on this subject. I'm trying to swap some field and battle models with other models. More specifically, I'm trying to use the Zidane Pluto Knight armor model instead of his vanilla model in the field or in battle, but preferably both. I've been using Hades Workshop to view the assets, and I've located the models (I think), however there are multiple files listed for each model. I tried to preview them with Noesis and an FBX viewer with no luck. If it is possible, it should be as simple as replacing the models in the data, right? So I'm just trying to figure out where the models I want are, and if I can just swap them. Another example would be forcing Garnet to be hooded, or have long it short hair, or be in her dress attire.

dclem

• View Profile
Re: [FFIX STEAM] Model swapping?
« Reply #1 on: 2017-06-06 23:24:25 »
There is no model importer yet.
I replaced Zidane with his Pluto knight armor (for tests only) (I agree, I'd rather have him in such for time being until I finish my models) but the game went wonky and eventually crashed upon doing so.
I only managed to replace some enemy textures and import one of the bows from FFXII with the Multina Racket. Dunno what export settings I had, but maybe I just got lucky!
Reason: There's no model importer yet. Tirlititi said so.
Whether it requires to replace current textures (for texture animations: "blinking eyes", etc.), or adding new ones, (I hope) it'll work either way once it arrives!
« Last Edit: 2017-06-06 23:32:42 by dclem »

Tetraspore

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2017-06-07 00:48:19 »
There is no model importer yet.
I replaced Zidane with his Pluto knight armor (for tests only) (I agree, I'd rather have him in such for time being until I finish my models) but the game went wonky and eventually crashed upon doing so.
I only managed to replace some enemy textures and import one of the bows from FFXII with the Multina Racket. Dunno what export settings I had, but maybe I just got lucky!
Reason: There's no model importer yet. Tirlititi said so.
Whether it requires to replace current textures (for texture animations: "blinking eyes", etc.), or adding new ones, (I hope) it'll work either way once it arrives!

How did you succeed in swapping him for his Pluto Knight armor? What was your process and which tools did you use? The closest I can get is a jumbled mess of polygons with pink textures.

dclem

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2017-06-07 03:23:38 »
I don't remember the export settings I used in meta, but with Zidane Pluto knight, the scene loaded, but i could not move him or anything.
I got the same polygon mess when trying to import my models. (Big kaleidoscope of polygons with those pink textures) But I don't think weapons were much affected.
But I doubt the settings I used then where even right, because there is no model importer, and I don't know the required .fbx export settings needed to work properly in game.
We must wait for the model importer! :)

Tetraspore

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2017-06-07 13:49:29 »
I can't accept that I'd need a specific importer just to rename some files, unless it's got something to do with the animations,  there's got to be a reason that the polygons get mixed up when simply replacing files with existing files.

Oh well, I suppose I'll have to just wait on this one.

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2017-06-07 16:54:22 »
Hades Workshop will get a model replacer. So far it can only export models.