Author Topic: Final Fantasy XV  (Read 5429 times)

ufaforwork1

• View Profile
Final Fantasy XV
« on: 2017-07-07 18:56:12 »
-snip- (generic promotional text plus spam links)

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)
« Last Edit: 2017-07-10 15:32:57 by Covarr »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
Re: Final Fantasy XV
« Reply #1 on: 2017-07-07 19:17:27 »
three AI-controlled compatriots

In other words, I personally find it garbage.  I think it's hilarious that they open with a splash screen that reads that and then still use a real time battle system.  Who are they fooling?

gaaasstly

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2017-07-08 22:42:54 »
Am I a heretic for liking 12?

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2017-07-08 23:00:04 »
http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-4/final-fantasy-xv/user-reviews
7.6 user score isn't good for a FF game either...  Not unexpected to me.

The wait for this game is comparable to the Gun N' Roses Chinese Democracy album; just because it's been in development for 10 years does not mean it's a good thing

In fact, as I long predicted, it's a bad thing. It shows the design process was totally flawed.

-Ric-

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2017-07-09 17:01:22 »
Am I a heretic for liking 12?

I liked it and I'm definitely buying the new Zodiac Age version. Having played the international version back in the day, it's better than the regular 12 in every possible way.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-4/final-fantasy-xv/user-reviews
7.6 user score isn't good for a FF game either...  Not unexpected to me.

In fact, as I long predicted, it's a bad thing. It shows the design process was totally flawed.

A rating based on 3179 reviews for a game that seems to have sold sold 6 Million+ copies is pretty insignificant though.

I personally really enjoyed the game. The gameplay is definitely new and does not resemble any previous Final Fantasy game and the story does have some big flaws but overall, it's a pretty entertaining game. I don't know if I'd put it up there with my favorite Final Fantasy games but I would definitely say it's worth playing.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2017-07-09 17:12:59 »
7.6 for a user score is significant - esp for a FF game.  The number of sales don't really give an indication of quality... People buy FF regardless.  The reviews I've read have been generally way more negative than ff7,8,9 and 10 were.

-Ric-

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2017-07-09 17:16:36 »
7.6 for a user score is significant - esp for a FF game.  The number of sales don't really give an indication of quality... People buy FF regardless.  The reviews I've read have been generally way more negative than ff7,8,9 and 10 were.

it's still way less than 1% of people who actually bought the game. You could easily go to another 3000 different people and they'd tell you that it's the greatest thing ever. User reviews are total crap to me exactly because of that. Besides, come on, you didn't really expect it to live up to the ratings of FF7, FF9 and 10 right? That's just not happening with any Final Fantasy game that comes out in the future.
« Last Edit: 2017-07-09 17:44:17 by -Ric- »

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2017-07-09 19:37:08 »
... but overall, it's a pretty entertaining game. ...

And that is the problem. SE hasn't made a FF which is more than that in the last decade. Moreover, a pretty entertaining game shouldn't take that long and eat so much money to produce. Look at the new Zelda it alone has sold the Switch and had also a comparable long development time with changes to the game play. SE should stay away from such vampire projects and make sure that the quality of the smaller projects is at a higher niveau. However, as it looks right now SE has two of such projects FF7R and KHIII. And the last one is sh*t without Disney.
In the end SE creates more and more low budget sloppy games to milk the so called true FF fans (facepalm that they think they are) to refinacial their big too ambitious projects.

Get me right the game looks and plays awesome, but a final fantasy, noway. Bravely Experiment fits better.
« Last Edit: 2017-07-09 19:38:39 by Kaldarasha »

-Ric-

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2017-07-09 20:12:32 »
And that is the problem. SE hasn't made a FF which is more than that in the last decade. Moreover, a pretty entertaining game shouldn't take that long and eat so much money to produce. Look at the new Zelda it alone has sold the Switch and had also a comparable long development time with changes to the game play. SE should stay away from such vampire projects and make sure that the quality of the smaller projects is at a higher niveau. However, as it looks right now SE has two of such projects FF7R and KHIII. And the last one is sh*t without Disney.
In the end SE creates more and more low budget sloppy games to milk the so called true FF fans (facepalm that they think they are) to refinacial their big too ambitious projects.

Get me right the game looks and plays awesome, but a final fantasy, noway. Bravely Experiment fits better.

What can I say, you're right. I personally have given up hope on any future Final Fantasy game being a mindblowing one so I don't really get as disappointed anymore. When I bought 15 I actually expected it to be way worse but it's actually a decent game. 10 was their last truly great Final Fantasy in my opinion and I seriously doubt they'll ever reach those kinds of standards again. I'm sorry to say but, anyone who's expecting any future Final Fantasy to reach the standards set by the likes of 6, 7, 9, 10 is simply going to end up frustrated, angry and disappointed. Just keep an open mind, check out gameplay videos, see if it's something you deem worth your time or not and decide if you wanna spend your money in it or not.

The days of "OMG! NEW FINAL FANTASY! MUST BUY!" are over.
« Last Edit: 2017-07-09 20:16:45 by -Ric- »

olearyf2525

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2017-07-10 06:22:06 »
Pretty much what Kaldarasha said, it's not a bad game unlike FFXIII but it's barely a final fantasy game, and it's a mediocre game that took them a huge budget and a long long time to develop. Square Enix is no longer capable of producing the sort of great story, great game play, great sound/music and graphics that there games were known for. They have to spend a large amount of time and a huge budget just to produce a mediocre game.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2017-07-10 08:14:18 »
Well, I'd say that the writing is on the wall for any project that lasts this amount of time and money - and had numerous revisions.  It's absurd. If this was any ordinary business, the people to blame for that bad design and management would be fired. There's something seriously wrong with the management right from the top. 

DanTsukasa

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2017-07-11 02:11:02 »
Well, I'd say that the writing is on the wall for any project that lasts this amount of time and money - and had numerous revisions.  It's absurd. If this was any ordinary business, the people to blame for that bad design and management would be fired. There's something seriously wrong with the management right from the top. 

I don't know about bad management, I think its just a huge game.
« Last Edit: 2018-04-27 02:11:13 by DanTsukasa »

-Ric-

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2017-07-11 09:49:03 »
I like how they keep adding content though. Episode Prompto was actually pretty fun and it actually helped closing some gaps on the story.

Yugisokubodai

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2017-08-06 13:25:42 »
I bought FF15 when I bought the console because I'm a big fan of Ff series. But this version always make me feel sleepy when playing it. In the end I found it's totally waste with this game.