Author Topic: 7th heaven mods that alter exe cause crash  (Read 2267 times)

Chrysalis

• ESUI Developer
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
7th heaven mods that alter exe cause crash
« on: 2018-01-03 18:02:33 »
example "Tweaks and cheats"

The old school patcher can do things like enable all yeah on tifa fine via patching exe, no game crash.  But that isnt compatible with 7th heaven patched exe.

If I install the mod, then whenever the game hits a part the mod modifies, it instantly crashes with errors related to unable to read memory addresses.

I have added ff7.exe to DEP exception list.

any ideas?

--edit--

If I set the alternative exe's so either ff7_bc or ff7_mo the crashes stop, however the game UI is all messed up, I am not using any of the mods that the guide states these exe's should be used.
« Last Edit: 2018-01-03 18:11:01 by Chrysalis »

Chrysalis

• ESUI Developer
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
Re: 7th heaven mods that alter exe cause crash
« Reply #1 on: 2018-01-05 10:48:18 »
So stuck now on the decision.

1 - Decide not to use tweaks and cheats and enhanced animation mods which mod exe, and cause crash.
2 - Use above mod's configure ff7_bc.exe  but then text layout i messed up as it adjusts font sizes and stuff.
3 - Do #2 but also install the reunion menu overhaul which the exe is designed for, text layout is fine, but I dont like the battle UI as it has less information than the default UI (doesnt show max HP).
4 - go back to old setup, but this doesnt give me new textures, and I think new textures are difficult to get working without 7th heaven since its considered obsolete without it.

Chrysalis

• ESUI Developer
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
Re: 7th heaven mods that alter exe cause crash
« Reply #2 on: 2018-01-24 23:57:09 »
I ended up just going back to stock exe, enabling some stuff via YAMP like before.

Although I am now playing with using the new menu again so I can fit in extended item descriptions (uses smaller font), hit other problems tho which I made a new thread for.