Author Topic: Problem with ff7music  (Read 3735 times)

ffgriever

• View Profile
Problem with ff7music
« on: 2003-07-02 21:22:00 »
I have problem with FF7Music. I didn't try it until recently, but it doesn't seem to work. I patched ff7.exe using cetra, created directory "Ficedula" in my ff7 dir, placed all ffmusic files in it, then placed ficedula.dll in ff7 dir (without it there was an error message saying it cannot be found). Then I configured it, but still all I can get is error message "Runtime error 217 at 0001A780", and just after it there is another one saying something like "Unable to run FF7MUSIC.DLL. Examine the file to find the problem" (it's not exactly this message, it's only translation because I have polish Win98SE so it's written in polish). Did anyone experience such a problem? Could anyone help me with it?

EDIT:
Tried to load it using regsvr32.exe -> "Load Library (>>ff7dir<<\ffmusic.dll) failed. GetLastError returns 0x00000485"

EDIT:
Version 1.05 gives "Runtime error 216 at 00002BE8"

ffgriever

• View Profile
Problem with ff7music
« Reply #1 on: 2003-07-09 20:41:37 »
Still no replies :sniff:  :weep: .
And I still can't find solution for this prob.

I've just realised that I tried with every ffmusic ver, tried tons of dlls, on w95,98,Me(yuck!), but I didn't try to change the winamp plugin dll. Hope that would be it...

ffgriever

• View Profile
Problem with ff7music
« Reply #2 on: 2003-07-09 21:04:02 »
Nope, that's not it. It seems there is no difference in plugin version. What's more, the ffmusic even doesn't care if the dll exist (still the same error even when deleted dlls). I really have no idea what could it be...

Didn't play ff7 for ages... It seems I'll have to hear to midi music again (I'm using soundfonts but it's no match for mp3 especially orchestra and piano arrangements)  :weep:

ffgriever

• View Profile
Problem with ff7music
« Reply #3 on: 2003-07-09 23:38:17 »
First: Sorry for postin this problem again, I'have searched through the board first(really), but it returned no match. Today I was searching once again and it returned quite big amount of topics... I must've made some typoo (happens to me all the time)

Second: I was able to get it to work

How? Patched ff7.exe using cetra. I installed ff7music 1.1.0. I had to use ficelib110. Then I had to get rid of all the unnecessary spaces, and >>enters<< after the and of music paths (files tab). Then I couldn't run it because it was crashing to desktop just after running. This was simple because I have had such a problem earlier with other games (eg Matt Hoffman's Pro BMX). It happens on dual monitor video cards (I have gf4mx440 with tvout), the game is usually returning to the log file something like >>DDRAW no Hardware Support<<

All I had to do was mess a bit in registry and change one setting

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\NVIDIA Corporation\Global\System]
"TwinViewDisabled"=dword:00000001

Then restart and... yuppieee

What's interesting: why the original file (unpatched) runs good, and the patched one needs that registry correction?

Hope it would be helpful for someone....

[Edit]: Four posts made by one user one after another...