Author Topic: gyptNEW - tutorial  (Read 102199 times)

Hobo131

Re: gyptNEW - tutorial
« Reply #100 on: 2008-08-05 19:41:08 »
nevermind i just had to download RAR this worked like a charm thanks alot!

PatchOne

« Reply #101 on: 2008-08-26 21:32:47 »
hey people .. uhm hope someone is online to reply here fast^^ cant wait to continue the game

im also stuck at the observatory scene...

i tried gypt in that way

- started gypt
- started ff7
- load my game
- standing in the observatory room, before i speak to that man to start the sequence
- tabbing out, pressing refresh, waiting for respond
- after respond, pressing guard and checking ingame

now the problem - there is no campfire or anything .. even if i "reentering the scene"

im not sure but im using the unpatched version, because i have black models with 1.02, but ive installed new characters and all these small patches, like 9999 dmg limit break and such

game is german version... if needed i could upload my savegame

dziugo

• View Profile
    • A new copy of FF7 thanks to Salk. Pack (zip/rar/etc) your saved game before sending it to me.
« Reply #102 on: 2008-08-26 21:49:16 »
If there are no error messages from gypt, then Bugenhagen should be talking about Nanaki's father instead of taking you upstairs to watch the demo. And the campfire is outside the building, next to the town entrance - it's always there IIRC, it's just not litten before the demo.

PatchOne

« Reply #103 on: 2008-08-31 09:49:43 »
yeah i noticed that some seconds after my post too x)

now, im a lil bit later in the story, i have a next problem, that "date" thingy from aeris and cloud .. after the gondel it hangs up like in the demo scene ... here in the first post is the tutorial, that says " start gypt - play until that "press ctrl shift bla" appears - press the buttons etc.. the problem is these dialouge doesnt appears .. how to use gypt manually at this point? if im in my room talking to her, making that guard thing before she pushes me out of the room, to go on??

dziugo

• View Profile
    • A new copy of FF7 thanks to Salk. Pack (zip/rar/etc) your saved game before sending it to me.
« Reply #104 on: 2008-08-31 10:00:41 »
now, im a lil bit later in the story, i have a next problem, that "date" thingy from aeris and cloud .. after the gondel it hangs up like in the demo scene ... here in the first post is the tutorial, that says " start gypt - play until that "press ctrl shift bla" appears - press the buttons etc.. the problem is these dialouge doesnt appears .. how to use gypt manually at this point? if im in my room talking to her, making that guard thing before she pushes me out of the room, to go on??
You gotta be kidding...

PatchOne

« Reply #105 on: 2008-08-31 10:55:14 »
ehm no? why should i?

it was just the normal question, if i have to use it on the same way like on that demo bug, because the idea at the first post does not work...

edit: omg -.-

i think i got it now :S you should say at these pictures that it is what you have to do there ... i for myself and im sure many other ppl thinks on that point, that the gypt makes the game bringing up that dialouge ...

im not stupid or smth like that, its just what i thought at the first read ...

edit2:
well tried it now, refreshed and guard in the hotel room before the date, playing normal, played the "greatplay" but at the point cait sith should appear and the story moves on, it just keeps moving the normal way, the gondel scene and hanging up on it :( any idea?
« Last Edit: 2008-08-31 11:25:44 by PatchOne »

dziugo

• View Profile
« Reply #106 on: 2008-08-31 11:22:22 »
edit: omg -.-

i think i got it now :S you should say at these pictures that it is what you have to do there ... i for myself and im sure many other ppl thinks on that point, that the gypt makes the game bringing up that dialouge ...

im not stupid or smth like that, its just what i thought at the first read ...
Yes, there were thousands of people complaining about it! Oh no... wait... You're the first one :P Sorry, other people probably just tried to use it instead of asking questions. And yes, I know, your PC could've exploded if you did something wrong, but clearly it didn't this time.

PatchOne

« Reply #107 on: 2008-08-31 11:26:41 »
thanks for the sarcasm... read my 2nd edit in my previous post please... i tried it now, and it didnt work

dziugo

• View Profile

Skifi

« Reply #109 on: 2008-09-21 11:07:01 »
i am stuck also in cosmo canyon but those links are dead could somebody use that gypt for me and play this http://rapidshare.com/files/147104898/save00.ff7.html over that please. And sorry my bad english  :-D

Sorry about useless message i got everything working now
« Last Edit: 2008-09-21 11:17:20 by Skifi »

Cloudiroth

« Reply #110 on: 2008-11-03 01:30:11 »
I don't know if this'll help anyone, but I found a way to fix the problem without skipping the scene. I have Windows Vista Home Premium (32-bit) Service Pack 1, and K-Lite Codec Pack installed on my computer.  Codec Tweak Tool came with it, and after I disabled AVIsplitter (Gabest), it fixed the two freezes, and finally made the polygon characters function correctly with the FMV's.  I also made the game read the movie's from the hard drive, so that might of helped too.  I can now go through FF7 without glitches or freezes (as far as I know).

I don't know if having AVIsplitter off all the time is bad, but I haven't seen any problem with it so far.  It's easy to turn off and on, so if it needs to be on it's not problem.

I would think this would work for everyone else too.  Tell me if it's just my system, or perhaps I just got lucky (I believe I learned about that from the people here).

I've read this thread, and it seems to me like this post has slipped under the radar a little bit, everyone's complaining about gypt being tricky, when this simple little fix from freezingicekirby, sorted my cosmo canyon/planetarium crash straight away.

Aswell as that, now, when my game cuts to FMV, my characters stay in the right place in relation to where the scenery is moving to on the FMV, whereas before they would stay stood in their original position/size and end up looking totally out of place/proportion with the changing scenery of the video.

Im running ff7 with all of the good patches btw, 1.02, HighRes, YAMP, HQCloud, NPC RP, FF7Music, SceneRedux & Advent Avatars

I recommend his post to anyone playing ff7 in windows, tyvm freezingicekirby  :-D

dziugo

• View Profile
« Reply #111 on: 2008-11-03 04:50:41 »
You do realise that this fix is posted in the first post on this thread, in the "Read this first" section, right? :P

Rufus95

• View Profile
« Reply #112 on: 2008-11-03 15:44:35 »
gypt is very useful.

Cloudiroth

« Reply #113 on: 2008-11-03 20:38:12 »
Hi there,

Yeah sorry dziugo, I knew I'd seen it somewhere, didn't realise it was at the beginning of this topic lol.

Just mentioned it because people keep on posting about having problems with gypt along time after freezingicekirby's post. I read the topic from the beginning so it felt like your post was alot older than freezingicekirby's b/c I had no idea ur post had been edited. I think this fix should be on all windows ff7 install guides tbh, and any stickys out there.

Yeah I dont deny gypt being useful, just this fix is very simple, and it fixed another of my bugs, where my characters were going out of proportion when my FMVs start.

dziugo

• View Profile
« Reply #114 on: 2008-11-03 21:34:23 »
Ah... Yes. I edited the first post after the post of freezingicekirby - linking to the first known (to me) post with the fix to the problem. I'm actually happy that the gypt is no longer needed, at least for some.

yuna01

« Reply #115 on: 2009-01-03 02:11:41 »
errrmm... me too have the same problem..well its been a years since no one posting again... :lol:
but i dont know how to send my save file???? pls help me

dziugo

• View Profile
« Reply #116 on: 2009-01-03 23:54:52 »
As of 2008, you don't use gypt and you don't send your saved game to anyone. You tweak your codec's setup until it works. That's the solution. If you got into trouble of obtaining a legal copy of FF7 over 10 years after the initial release then it shouldn't be a big problem for you to apply to the instructions in the first post.

I know it might sound harsh, but what you generally want, is to get someone to waste their own time and help you avoid the problem, while you should just get rid of that problem on your own. Yes, I know, just this one time, better to send the saved game, not a biggie. Oh, and then on the gondola crash, not that big of a deal again. Oh, and the bronco crash... And the black materia crash... And the weapon's attack crash... Not to mention a guy who asked to play his saved game over and over, because the people who were kind enough to do it, chose the wrong saved game - which turned out to be his fault!

Yes, I'm sure you'll find someone who will help you, but you're better off posting your request here. If I have a free time to spare, I'd be more than happy to play it through for you. This thread, however, is about the program I wrote and, as it is unlikely that I'll release any updated version, should be left alone.

yuna01

« Reply #117 on: 2009-01-06 04:54:43 »
okay....actually i already get past that cosmo crash...until the fogotten capital(after bugenhagen replace the key of ancient city)... :-)

Ifris

« Reply #118 on: 2009-02-06 13:29:18 »
It helped me twice thanks dziugo for making it , but id didnt help at ancient city when key is inserted then it shows a movie the screen gets black and thats the end , i will lvl up till somebody will play it.
http://www.sendspace.com/file/ygklpo
instant thanks.

CC-Bizness

« Reply #119 on: 2009-02-26 15:42:43 »
For the problem with the Tifa, Aerith, Barret date at Gold saucer i found this way to skip it.

source: http://ff7.fr/version_PC.php#round (French)

For english speakers it say ...

For the video crash at Round Square you can fix it by download "Jenova" (save editor).
First save you game just before coming to the arena.
Extract the program on your FF7 directory and run the Jenova.exe load your save and follow this steps.

1. click on Misc, Specific Location and Debug Room.
Close the windows by clicking on "Ok" and close the program.

2. Run the game and load your save, you are now in a black background room, just change room by pressing your "Down" key.

3. In the new room with characters model press your "Change" key and a window with 2p will appear.

4. Now go the speak with the Yuffie at the top left hand corner and select nigeta cs no saigo.

Now the crash scene is skip you can play as usual.

PS: As you can see I'm not a native English's speaker so my English is not very good but you can read it ?!, right ?
« Last Edit: 2009-02-26 15:46:34 by CC-Bizness »

wen31

« Reply #120 on: 2009-03-29 21:53:01 »
Hi! I'm Spanish so my english is... :oops: jejeje I've just applied "gypt" to my save game and it was perfect! I was in canyon cosmo as so many people. I got it with the -tutorial part2-. Thank you so much! :-D

FinalFantasyGirl

• View Profile
« Reply #121 on: 2009-05-28 18:52:24 »
...and run it. You'll see something like this:

You can forget about that proggy for a while. Run FF7 and load your save-game. Play as normal as you can Tongue When you get to this point:

(if you don't see this image, it's Cloud and Aeris in the GhostHotelRoom just before the date)

OKAY WHAT EXACTLY SHOULD I BE SEEING? the file i downloaded "windows cannot open this file" cause it doesnt have the proper program. so is this suppose to happen???

EDIT: NEVER MIND! I realized i had to download WinRAR THX im gonna go see if it works now :)
« Last Edit: 2009-05-28 19:32:26 by FinalFantasyGirl »