Author Topic: FF7 how to series, i can still fit some stuff in 2006. Vol 1 basic model editing  (Read 4271 times)

ultima espio

• No life
    • View Profile
OK here we go this should help people who want to edit models in FF7 who either have no idea or just want a little help. :-P

Requirments:

Kimera (under 7)
Kimera 7/bitrun (to view models reccomended both since Kimera cant view textures and bitrun can)
LGP tools
a brain
a idea of which character you want to edit and into who.

Lets get started. Pretend you want to change Aerith into Ulala vol.2

Step 1 opening

Open your characters .HRC in kimera 7 and augb.p in your under 7 ver.

Step 2 Vertex colour changing

with your model open in kimera it should look like this:

you see that "kill precalulated lighting" button? Click that, it should go dark now
next on the "detection threshold" change that to 1 colour then make it as white as you can.
do the same for augd, auic,auie,aujc,auje,avae and avbe.p then open auhe.p and delete all polygons with the brown colour and just to make sure delete all polygons but thoose with the brown.

Step 3 swapping parts of characters

now open up bifc.p and save it over auia.p and click the horisontal shift button and save it over auja.p

now the fun part.....open bmfe.p now edit the colours on her hair to make them pink then save it over augf.p then open abae.p and save it over avaa.p mirror it and save it over avba.p
finally open abba.p and recolour the bottom of tifa's shoe to orange save it over avac.p mirror it and save it over avbc.p and you are finished!

I hope this helps you if not don't be afraid to PM me for help. :-P

Method

• Fast newbie
    • View Profile
From where will i get the .HRC files?

Borde

• Freak
    • View Profile
HRC Files are stored in char.lgp among with all the other files releated with field 3D models.

Method

• Fast newbie
    • View Profile
Thanks Borde. I think I remember this a little.. correct me if I'm wrong.. this is connected to the The newbie's tutorial for The Reunion Patch?
But this thread is dead http://forums.qhimm.com/viewtopic.php?t=4451 :(
Anyone has a copy or a readme maybe?

Borde

• Freak
    • View Profile
Mmmm... well, yeah, somewhat. In order to install Reuninon's (or NPC RP) patch you had to unpack char.LGP using LGPTools. But why do you need that thread?

Method

• Fast newbie
    • View Profile
Well maybe I remember wrong, but to get .HRC I needed to unpack the lgp file and then pack it all together again.. and that was in that thread.. Or I'm wrong.

I really want to make my own model to the game and after series of errors I'm still here.

Borde

• Freak
    • View Profile
Just open char.lgp with LGPTools and extract all the files to some directory. There you will find all the files you need.

Method

• Fast newbie
    • View Profile
Just open char.lgp with LGPTools and extract all the files to some directory. There you will find all the files you need.

Ok.. well I'll try this tommorow.. I'm too sleppy  :wink: And as I can tell.. the LGP Tools will give me possibility to repack the lgp archive, wtih .. 2 new files [hrc and p] right?

Oh and could you tell me Borde, if the new ver of Kimera can help me more to make a model? And is it possible to .. change Cloud's battle stance?

Thanks for help  :-)

Izban

• Insane poster
    • View Profile
at current no it is not possible to change battle stances but i have been working on it for a while so hopeing we will have a way soon