Author Topic: ISO suddenly not working  (Read 3137 times)

Angry Noob

ISO suddenly not working
« on: 2011-02-18 12:27:07 »
Hi everyone.
Have been following the site for a few years and just registered(needed help lol).
I have looked around and could not find a similar topic... 

Ok, so... Iv been playing with an ISO(from original) using daemon tools virtual drive and was working fine with a few mods installed. I was playing around trying to get a few combinations of mods to work when suddenly ff7.exe keeps saying insert disc when it seems properly mounted in the virtual drive.

I have no idea what to do. The only other bit of information I can give is that maybe the ISO is being recognised as a movie file?? At least thats what the drive is telling me.
Also the FF7 folder should not be corrupt as I left it from before(it was working fine)

Clearly im not great with computers so if someone could help me that would be great.

The mods I had installed are: AAli's custom driver, phoenix rej. project, Kula wende Ac cloud, reasonable difficulty mod.

Everything was working fine till FF7 doesnt recognise ISO for some reason.

Cheers

sithlord48

• Dark Lord of the Savegame
    • View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
Re: ISO suddenly not working
« Reply #1 on: 2011-02-18 16:00:42 »
well if you have been following us for a few years you would know that well all use the CD. i suggest you try using your cd.

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2011-02-18 16:19:43 »
Make sure that in your registry, FF7 is set to use the letter of the virtual drive. I can't remember where the registry key is off the top of my head though.

Masa-Buster

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2011-02-18 19:21:23 »
I think  it's Local_Machine -> Software -> Square Soft Inc. -> FF7

Something like that been while since I touched a registry ...

Angry Noob

« Reply #4 on: 2011-02-19 01:39:56 »
This is probably a really dumb question but where can i find the registry?
Is it somewhere in C;programfiles/square etc or is it like a windows file?

December may be the only chance I get to get my original discs back(family friend has it and hes in another state from me). Might as well try and look around for another copy to buy although they are soooo hard to find. I may have problems in the future when I need the discs again anyway.

Edit: I have been able to get it working.
Basically i reinstalled the whole thing and got it to work. I have also been able to locate the problem...
It seems whenever i edit the kernel files, FF7.exe doesnt work anymore. e.g. i tried the Gjoerulv hardcore mod and that alone killed the ff7.exe.

I have no idea why this is the case. If anyone knows why it may help me in future :)
« Last Edit: 2011-02-19 08:52:57 by Angry Noob »

Masa-Buster

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2011-02-19 18:55:24 »
Start Menu -> Run -> and Type in Reg Edit -> When the Registry Window opens follow this path:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE -> SOFTWARE -> Square Soft Inc. *

* I don't have FF7/8 Installed on this laptop yet since I'm still in the process of setting it up so I don't know the Square Soft Folder name for sure

Then there should be a key in there named FF7Movies then just Double Click that Key, and change the Value Data to the Same Path that you have the movies stored.

Angry Noob

« Reply #6 on: 2011-02-20 08:45:25 »
I see.
Luckily i was able to fix the problem but that info will no doubt come in handy in the future. Thanks a lot! :D

Masa-Buster

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2011-02-20 20:03:29 »
No problemo dude happy to help