Author Topic: Data is Corrupt. Help  (Read 1619 times)

Whiskaz

• View Profile
Data is Corrupt. Help
« on: 2019-07-07 07:04:17 »
First time posting here and Im new to modding. I have FF7 for Steam, and did a playthrough of it a month or 2 ago and loved it. I wanted to play again and mod it to look all shiny and beautiful.
I followed the tutorial and instructions on the post for Tifa's 7th Heaven, everything works great. Game launches fine, new game works fine. Im playing through and have no problems with anything whatsoever. But, being the anxious person I am, I decided to save at the very first save point and quit. Close the game and re-launch, click on Continue and see my save but it says "Data is Corrupted." Glad I caught the problem right away rather than later on, but still I have no idea what to do or what could possibly be causing it. I thought since I had "jessie" on my team that maybe that had something to do with it, so I tried again without jessie, same problem. I tried turning that mod off, same problem. Im not sure if me having save files from my previous playthrough has something to do with it? Or maybe T7H has a separate location for saves and my problem is something else?

I have the Steam version
Using a usb for the ff7disc1

Not sure if there is any other important information I'd need? Im new to modding so please pardon my stupidity. I just want to play through the game again because I love it. Any and all help appreciated <3

sithlord48

• Dark Lord of the Savegame
    • View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
Re: Data is Corrupt. Help
« Reply #1 on: 2019-07-07 13:50:00 »
Sounds like an issue with that save file. You can try to fix the save with Black Chocobo , Just open the save in the application and save it should fix the checksum in the save (the reason for the error).

Whiskaz

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2019-07-07 16:03:29 »
I saved over that initial save though. Since I was worried it maybe had something to do with the Jessie mod I saved over it with just Barret and tried starting from the new game to the save point multiple times. Either way though, Im going to check out this black chocobo thing and I appreciate your help

Edit:
So using black chocobo, I can open the saves from the original Steam version playthrough. But it just cant open the save from 7H. It says "failed to load file."
I hope Im looking for the right file. The saves from the vanilla version are in some square enix/ff7/save folder, and Im assuming the 7H saves are in the steamapps/common/ff7/saves right?
« Last Edit: 2019-07-07 16:11:18 by Whiskaz »

Whiskaz

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2019-07-08 00:27:52 »
So I have it working now. Im not sure what was the initial problem, but BC wouldnt open up the saves from where 7H saves them. I opened my saves from the Steam save location in BC, and saved them over the save00.ff7 then erased the individual files so Slot 1 had no saves in it. Then when I played up to the first checkpoint and saved, I closed the game and now it loads the file.

I wish I had more insight as to what the problem was just in case other people experience the same problem. Shout outs to Sithlord for the help though <3