Author Topic: [PSX/PC] KERNEL.BIN editor - WallMarket (v1.4.5)  (Read 704276 times)

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
Re: [Release v1.4.5] WallMarket KERNEL.BIN editor
« Reply #1050 on: 2013-07-03 12:53:04 »
It does it without ts I think as well....

I am not sure if it effects the psx text :)  This is a tough bug to spot, perhaps show source code to someone else?  See if a new eye does any good?

Gingercat

• View Profile
« Reply #1051 on: 2013-07-30 12:40:13 »
I'm delighted that NFITC1 has kept me in the "About" section :) I still have fond memories of the initial beta testing, was great fun.

I've just done some edits on the Steam version of FF7. Saw it on Steam, thought "Hmm... Still moddable?" and then I found the Bootleg mod collection (looks gorgeous, works beautifully). Installed that, now it's time to mod some more.

WallMarket works absolutely fine on the Steam version; I've edited a buncha weapon and armor properties, very very nice.

sil3ntsnak3

• View Profile
« Reply #1052 on: 2013-07-31 07:45:15 »
Can you guys help me out on the WallMarket program? When I change things on the program I'm not sure exactly how to apply the changes so they come out in the game, help please?

Gingercat

• View Profile
« Reply #1053 on: 2013-07-31 09:43:56 »
Yep - Under the "File" menu, you've got "Create kernel.bin" and the like. If you know exactly which file your changes affect, you'd select that file's particular "Create" entry (ie, changing spell names is handled by kernel2.bin on the PC, from memory).

If you're not sure or you've made changes to things affected by both files, just choose "Create kernel.bin and kernel2.bin", and your changes will be reflected when you next start the game.

Of course, don't try and make changes on the game WHILE it's running! ;D

Karifean

• View Profile
« Reply #1054 on: 2013-08-19 11:23:42 »
For some reason, WallMarket doesn't work for me. As soon as I try to open it, I immediatly get the error message "WallMarket has stopped working". This happens on a Windows 7 Laptop, a Windows 7 PC and on a Windows XP Laptop. I have the zlib1.dll file as well as the Basic Pack and Framework at a higher version than is required. I've tried older versions of WM, I've tried using settings for incompatibility, I've tried running as administrator. To no avail. (ProudClod, on the other hand, works fine)

Any help?

Gingercat

• View Profile
« Reply #1055 on: 2013-08-19 13:13:52 »
Could be the Framework "at a higher version" - Try installing the exact version WM runs on. I had the same problem and it disappeared as soon as I installed the version it expects to work with, alongside the so-called "latest" version. Later/latest versions, it seems, are not entirely backwards-compatible (that is, they don't also install "previous" libraries alongside the newer ones in the one go; the earlier ones should also be installed seperately).

nfitc1

• I just don't know what went wrong.
    • View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
« Reply #1056 on: 2013-08-19 13:32:13 »
Later/latest versions, it seems, are not entirely backwards-compatible

This. It's terrible business practice to NOT make things 100% backwards-compatible, but if the major version number changes you can't guarantee that the same functions exist or behave the same way.

Karifean

• View Profile
« Reply #1057 on: 2013-08-19 20:22:20 »
Oh wow, now it works. Thanks ^^

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #1058 on: 2013-08-19 20:34:56 »
Did you dissover a way to place it all into the exe NFITC?

nfitc1

• View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
« Reply #1059 on: 2013-08-19 21:46:38 »
Did you dissover a way to place it all into the exe NFITC?

No, but I have removed the dependency of it. When the next WM version eventually comes out it won't need the Power Packs. I may try to incorporate the relevant pieces of the zlib1.dll file into the exe, though. The .NET Framework will always be needed because MicroSoft. :(

Gingercat

• View Profile
« Reply #1060 on: 2013-08-31 09:45:28 »
An interesting problem and seeming workaround in WM:

It's well-known that things like the Silver Barette are inexplicably marked as not being able to be sold in shops - Once such an item is in your possession, it's there forever (unless deleted using a save editor anyway). Examining these items in WM shows that the "Sellable in shops" flag is unset... And setting it doesn't "stick" - Select another item, then back to the unsellable one, and the flag will have reverted to being unset again.

The way around this seems to be to double-click the item, and examine the hex cells - They determine many attributes depending on their cumulative value. In Red XIII's case, the default for the last four cells seems to be FF FF FE FF, but on the Silver Barette (unsellable), the hexes read FF FE FF FF. This also gives it the curious "Miss if not dead" flag. Changing these to FF FF FE FF does the expected flagsets of "Sellable in shops" and unset of "Miss if not dead" - And these changes actually stick.

spy__dragon

• View Profile
« Reply #1061 on: 2013-09-16 19:54:11 »
We have a problem, we use this program to edit the kernel.bin, the spanish version psx.
Well, it work in an emulator, but in the "psx physical" or "psp", doesn't work,
we checked it and it is because of the kernel.bin edited.
We didn't pass the limit, our kernel has 22520 bytes, besides we updated the yamaha.bin.

We hope your answer.

Regards.

Vgr

• Global moderator
  • If it quacks like a duck, it must be a duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #1062 on: 2013-09-16 20:39:11 »
The original PSX or the PSP don't handle well modified KERNELs.

spy__dragon

• View Profile
« Reply #1063 on: 2013-09-17 08:20:34 »
Thanks for your answer, but I still do not understand why doesn't work in the original PSX o PSP,
it must be reason. We will kept researching.

Bosola

• Fire hazard!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #1064 on: 2013-09-17 20:10:00 »
Some people have mentioned that they can fix the issue, and Gemini hinted it was to do with ISO manipulation tools. But I'm afraid he did not specify exactly why.

spy__dragon

• View Profile
« Reply #1065 on: 2013-09-17 21:15:51 »
Thanks for your answer, I would linke some information about that, and some hint, if it's possible.

meesbaker

• View Profile
« Reply #1066 on: 2013-09-21 04:09:29 »
EDIT: -
« Last Edit: 2013-09-23 00:01:06 by meesbaker »

spy__dragon

• View Profile
« Reply #1067 on: 2013-09-21 17:16:34 »
The solution to work the modified kernel.bin is in the forum romxhacking where I have posted my project about the spanish re-translation, the programmer CUE did a tool to extract in pieces the kernel.bin, I would like the creator of the wall market, includes this as solution or future updates.

The forum where about the topic is here:

http://romxhack.esforos.com/traduccion-o-retraduccion-final-fantasy-vii-psx-t372-30

You must download this tool, if you use it, plese put in the credits to CUE, thanks.
http://www.mediafire.com/?df9mmfp205n69qa
YOu can put inside that folder, the modified kernel and yamaha.bin, you must click on in decode.bat,
then you will get 27 files, but the most important are from 9 until 26, you can also be used to split files with wallmarket.

Then, you must check the size of the all archives, if the size of the archive the last number is uneven, you must modify that archive with hexecimal editor and add to the last that archive FF, to convert it in Even number, because the psx original doesn't read uneven bytes in the archives.

When you finish compress again the pieces of kernel with the Wallamarket or CUE's tool.

meesbaker

• View Profile
« Reply #1068 on: 2013-09-23 00:03:10 »
I can confirm that this is true. I tested a modified Kernel with some pieces of uneven file size and when I entered the equipment or item menu the game froze on my physical PSX however applying the steps you explained the problem is solved.
Looks like I was talking some crap before  ;D

genesis063

• Self proclaimed number 1 Sephiroth fanboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1069 on: 2013-09-23 20:04:09 »
Okay guys I got a quick question for you.  So I am working on a mod to change the story for those that want to play Sephiroth.  One idea was that you would fight Barret and maybe some other members before they joined you.  Though Barret will not join you.  So I'm thinking it maybe possible the only thing is not sure how to go about doing it.  Do I just need to give him an AI and make a battle scene or is there more to it?

nfitc1

• View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
« Reply #1070 on: 2013-09-23 20:30:52 »
Okay guys I got a quick question for you.  So I am working on a mod to change the story for those that want to play Sephiroth.  One idea was that you would fight Barret and maybe some other members before they joined you.  Though Barret will not join you.  So I'm thinking it maybe possible the only thing is not sure how to go about doing it.  Do I just need to give him an AI and make a battle scene or is there more to it?

There's more to it, but that belongs in another topic. This topic is for discussion of WM and related issues.

genesis063

• Self proclaimed number 1 Sephiroth fanboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1071 on: 2013-09-23 20:58:11 »
Ah gotcha sorry so where would I post in the appropriate topic?

meesbaker

• View Profile
« Reply #1072 on: 2013-09-23 22:08:45 »
You open up a new topic in Gameplay Mods and ask your question there.

Nightmare799

• View Profile
« Reply #1073 on: 2014-01-18 17:32:39 »
Hey sorry for necroing this but I have got an error that goes like:

WallMarket has encountered a problem and needs to close.

Is there some exact stuff I need to run this?

nfitc1

• View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
« Reply #1074 on: 2014-01-18 18:05:35 »
Read the OP.