Author Topic: [PSX/PC] Save Editor - Black Chocobo (v1.15)  (Read 1000634 times)

sithlord48

• Dark Lord of the Savegame
    • View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
Re: [RELEASE v1.9.51]: Black Chocobo - FF7 Save Game Editor
« Reply #550 on: 2011-12-19 11:58:21 »
i edited my save file but it doesnt change when i load the game up so what did i do wrong?

not sure , could be several things. im sure its something simple like forgetting to save, not coping the file or something like that. besure you have the file signed or it will not work on your psp. see above post. also i don't have a psp so im not sure if you need to put the save in a certain spot or not.

DarcXIII

« Reply #551 on: 2011-12-19 16:31:49 »
um by chance have u fixed the psp save problem, i have version 1.9.51 and it says bout updating a file when i try to save it.

Merlin09

• View Profile
« Reply #552 on: 2011-12-19 18:04:46 »
Hi all,

I just tested the last trunk, and for the french SCES00868 version, everything seems fine, even the slot copy.
I'll test more extensively ASAP, but I wanted to let you know that your fix worked.

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #553 on: 2011-12-19 18:14:54 »
um by chance have u fixed the psp save problem, i have version 1.9.51 and it says bout updating a file when i try to save it.

here is an attempt to answer your question,however since im not entirely sure what your asking ill answer the question of

"can you save psp files that are signed and will work on my psp without doing anything else"

No. You need to have a psp or ps3 sign the file. look at the FAQ for two methods for signing the files.

godlik3

• View Profile
« Reply #554 on: 2011-12-20 05:39:50 »
not sure , could be several things. im sure its something simple like forgetting to save, not coping the file or something like that. besure you have the file signed or it will not work on your psp. see above post. also i don't have a psp so im not sure if you need to put the save in a certain spot or not.

i fixed it and i have ff7 for pc but i found out how to edit it but ty

also why cant i place the Bronco anywhere with out losing it? on the computer any help?
« Last Edit: 2011-12-20 10:25:03 by godlik3 »

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #555 on: 2011-12-20 11:59:14 »
also why cant i place the Bronco anywhere with out losing it? on the computer any help?

it depends on what you main progress is set to . and what world map is being loaded. only one map will allow the bronco to be shown . on all others it will be there just invisible. (since it should have loaded the highwind model)

godlik3

• View Profile
« Reply #556 on: 2011-12-20 20:10:17 »
well i just got it and i had use another editer to make it reappear. i had to check a box to make it work maybe you should add something like that?

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #557 on: 2011-12-20 20:20:32 »
well i just got it and i had use another editer to make it reappear. i had to check a box to make it work maybe you should add something like that?

there is something like that its in the location tab , in the world map section.

what editor did you use..?
what changes did you make?
what changes did it make in your file if you don't know that can you provide both  the unmodified and modified saves so i can see what changed?

im pretty sure that what ever editor you used changes also other stuff . cause like i said the model displaing depends on what world map your on , and that seams to be based on what your global progress is.

Ragnarok

• View Profile
« Reply #558 on: 2011-12-20 20:46:02 »
@sithlord48 the save file works perfectly but after i got to the diamond weapon part i just cant seem to be able to make him appear any ideas on how to fix this?

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #559 on: 2011-12-20 21:01:28 »
@sithlord48 the save file works perfectly but after i got to the diamond weapon part i just cant seem to be able to make him appear any ideas on how to fix this?

nope idk what you edited.

edit: if you have the unmodified file you can import that one and the modified one in to a .ff7 or any other  multislot save type and use the diff table to diff the entire slot and then use the savemap to find what the values got changed (and to what).

looking at what i think are you saves it seams you changed the time and clicked to kill emerald ? emerald's premature death might be causing your issue. but im not sure if these are you saves or just random psv files i happened to have had. (creation dates seam correct)
« Last Edit: 2011-12-20 21:14:17 by sithlord48 »

godlik3

• View Profile
« Reply #560 on: 2011-12-21 03:25:21 »
there is something like that its in the location tab , in the world map section.

what editor did you use..?
what changes did you make?
what changes did it make in your file if you don't know that can you provide both  the unmodified and modified saves so i can see what changed?

im pretty sure that what ever editor you used changes also other stuff . cause like i said the model displaing depends on what world map your on , and that seams to be based on what your global progress is.

i used Final Fantasy VII SavGame Editor_CruCiA editor and when i used it it had a check box by the bronco and i had to check the box and it reappeared and then i went back to yours and it showed it again. sorry i didnt double save it like i should have but i was tired. i was able to use the bronco because i just finished wutai area and i was trying to move the buggy and then my bronco was gone, i kept trying to place the bronco but it didnt work then i had a idea to use another editor and i check the box for the bronco and i saved it and it was there. so i thought ill give you a idea and make the vehicles in ff7 a check box sysytem so something like that dont happen, just a idea.

Asa

• சணல் ஒரு பையில்
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: 2011-12-21 06:56:31 »
I had checked this problem on FF7 International.
This problem occurs when "Show on Map" value is changed.
Savemap 0x0C23 includes Tiny Bronco visibility value!
And Black Chocobo recognize the value higher than 0x01 as Highwind.
Black Chocobo displays Highwind in drop box even if its value 0x05.
User will change it to Buggy (0x01).
0x00 = None
0x01 = Buggy
0x04 = Tiny Bronco
0x10 = Highwind

Edited
And Chocobo display value on world  map
Savemap 0x0C22
0x01 = Caught Chocobo (Display Chocobo's Riding Tutorial)
0x04 = Yellow
0x08 = Green
0x10 = Blue
0x20 = Black
0x40 = Gold
0x80 = None
Low value has high priorities
0x07 = Yellow + Tutorial Caught Chocobo, 0x0C = Yellow, 0xE1 = Black + Tutorial Caught Chocobo
I cannot check PC version
Regards,
« Last Edit: 2011-12-25 15:41:55 by Asa »

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #562 on: 2011-12-21 12:16:24 »
the tiny bronco shares location data with the chocobo. you can't have both at the same time ever on the map. this is not the same data as 0xc23 its part of the world data, the last part of each items coornaites is what model is to be loaded (see "id" in worldmap area.) the only model i have been able to swap is the highwind/buggy. the buggy being visible depends greatly on what  one of the 3 world maps is being shown. you can swap the model if on the wrong map but the buggy will be invisiable.

we are not currently checking for what chocobo is on the field map.  asa ill have to look in to you claim on this byte. i remember a byte that controlled what chocobo (based on stable location) was on the map this byte iirc also contained a "on highwind"  bit . but its been a bit since i tried to play with that.

Asa

• சணல் ஒரு பையில்
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: 2011-12-21 16:54:39 »

I meant them.  And I never wrote we can get Tiny Bronco and Chocobo in same time.
Regards,

Ragnarok

• View Profile
« Reply #564 on: 2011-12-21 17:00:53 »
nope idk what you edited.

edit: if you have the unmodified file you can import that one and the modified one in to a .ff7 or any other  multislot save type and use the diff table to diff the entire slot and then use the savemap to find what the values got changed (and to what).

looking at what i think are you saves it seams you changed the time and clicked to kill emerald ? emerald's premature death might be causing your issue. but im not sure if these are you saves or just random psv files i happened to have had. (creation dates seam correct)

Well what I edited was my stats,items,materia,chocobo,and I think I unchecked killing emerald weapon so I can kill him again i also changed my gameplay time but i doubt that would have any effect on the save whatsoever
« Last Edit: 2011-12-21 17:33:38 by Ragnarok »

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #565 on: 2011-12-21 18:20:05 »
i will say this and i can't stress this enuff . playing with the progression stuff in anyway can lead to oddities in the game

@asa, i can't zoom in on your pictures.chocobo type on map is 0xc22? iirc it had something todo with what you had in the stables. (can you varify they are not same order in your stables)

as for 0xc23, what are you trying to say is: (feel free to correct me if im wrong)

0x00 show no buggy , bronco or highwind.
0x01 show only buggy , no bronco or highwind
0x04 show only bronco, no buggy or highwind
0x05 show both bronco and buggy; no highwind
0x10 show only highwind ; no buggy / bronco
0x11 show buggy and highwind ; no bronco (should not work)
0x14 show highwind and bronco; no buggy
0x15 show highwind , buggy and bronco (should not work)

Asa

• சணல் ஒரு பையில்
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: 2011-12-22 10:06:14 »
0xC23
Yes, it is my poor English wanted to say.
On Disc1, this value will be changed 0x00 => 0x01 => 0x05 along Game progress.
Black Chocobo only displays "None, Buggy & Highwind" in "Show on Map" entry. And Value 0x05 is displayed as "Highwind".
If User thinks "Highwind? No, this is Buggy."  and changes it to Buggy, Black Chocobo sets value 0x01 and it makes invisible deactive Tiny Bronco, and there is no way to make visible get back Tiny Bronco by using Black Chocobo.
I had often lost Tiny Bronco after editing by Black Chocobo, but I never understood the cause. This time, godlik3 reported Tiny Bronco problem, so I checked savemap wiki Black Chocobo savemap page and noticed them.

0xC22 - Chocobo
This is not related to Tiny Bronco problem. But I found it while checking 0xC23.
I thought some forum reader might be interested in it, because it can use any Chocobo on world map without occupying Chocobo Stable.

MCR Save file 0xC22 changed (FF7 Internatioal)
Slot 1: 0x00, 2: 0x01, 3: 0x04, 4: 0x08, 5: 0x10, 6: 0x20, 7: 0x40, 8: 0xE1, 9: Original
This base data taken from Eslava's "Save5 pack - save02.ff7 - slot 5 (After escaping from Junnon Office in Disc2)" and converted to FF7 Internatioal by using Black Chocobo.  Chocobo stable not occupied yet. Remained Tiny Bronco coordinates & ID were changed. Slot 9 is Original only converted to FF7 International.

Regards,
« Last Edit: 2011-12-25 15:38:40 by Asa »

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #567 on: 2011-12-22 12:12:43 »
ok then it seams i need to modify that box and add a new one ,for id in world location to change highwind buggy.

ill look in to 0xc22 as well maybe i can add that also easily, both will be included in the next release if all goes well.

black_roses

« Reply #568 on: 2011-12-22 14:37:37 »
Thx sithlord48 :D

I just flashed my psp with cfm and now i can edit savefiles as much as i want! :D
Working as a charm!! :D

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #569 on: 2011-12-23 02:39:28 »
asa i've added the corrections for 0xc23. please check and report back. tomarrow i'll see about getting the stuff needed to work with 0xc22 correctly as well as the bronco/chocobo switch.

godlik3

• View Profile
« Reply #570 on: 2011-12-23 07:03:06 »
asa i've added the corrections for 0xc23. please check and report back. tomarrow i'll see about getting the stuff needed to work with 0xc22 correctly as well as the bronco/chocobo switch.

do let me know when the new version is out please and thank you. also quick question i have my sound cutting in and out on some parts of the game, do you thinks its my computer it self or my iso's?

or is there a patch that fix that?
« Last Edit: 2011-12-23 07:05:01 by godlik3 »

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #571 on: 2011-12-23 11:59:00 »
do let me know when the new version is out please and thank you.
check back later. when it comes out announcement will be made.

also quick question i have my sound cutting in and out on some parts of the game, do you thinks its my computer it self or my iso's? or is there a patch that fix that?
your asking the wrong person i don't use iso's nor do i use windows, sound is working correctly on my linux machine playing the game via wine. you might want to ask elsewhere.

Asa

• சணல் ஒரு பையில்
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: 2011-12-23 12:06:38 »
Thank you sithlord48, that function works well.
And new Japanese file Black Chocobo JA 12-23
Regards,

tydt

• View Profile
« Reply #573 on: 2011-12-24 05:13:42 »
I would love to see the new version come with GP hack for Golden Saucer, it would make my life a lot easier in disk 1.  :-D

godlik3

• View Profile
« Reply #574 on: 2011-12-24 06:28:04 »
did some test and the key item "key to sector 5" dont work when you add it instead of looking for it but it shows up in your key items but it dosnt work so is that a glitch or am i wrong?