Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] Multiple mods and Modding Framework-The Reunion [R06f]  (Read 3022009 times)

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
I have no idea if this could be caused by Reunion or something else;

Then please verify it.  Then I'll look into it :)

owledTeukros

• View Profile
Then please verify it.  Then I'll look into it :)
Just to confirm, is there any way to verify it beside replaying the game up to that point with and without The Reunion? Reunion saves don't seem to be compatible with the unmodded game, and I don't know what else to disable to try and debug it. Can anyone recommend some debug tools/mods I could use? I'm not familiar with FF7 mods and google doesn't seem to help.

Kuraudo.

• SOLDIER
  • Maktub
    • View Profile
    • Behemoth Productions
Did you try without remako?

owledTeukros

• View Profile
Did you try without remako?
Yes (via setting Mod_ID = none), sorry I forgot to mention it.

tom servo

• View Profile
Just to confirm, is there any way to verify it beside replaying the game up to that point with and without The Reunion? Reunion saves don't seem to be compatible with the unmodded game, and I don't know what else to disable to try and debug it. Can anyone recommend some debug tools/mods I could use? I'm not familiar with FF7 mods and google doesn't seem to help.

Im guessing you disable it in options.ini "Disable_The_Reunion = n"

Devina

• View Profile
Reunion saves are compatible with vanilla.

Vanilla save location: %USERPROFILE%\Documents\Square Enix\FINAL FANTASY VII\
Reunion save location: save folder in game's root directory

You just have to copy and paste them over.

klevelend4

• View Profile
Whatever you did, DLPB, everything seems to be working correctly again. The battle textures for me are once again loading in. I played for about an hour and haven't noticed any issues. Again, thanks for your hard work.

owledTeukros

• View Profile
Reunion saves are compatible with vanilla.

Vanilla save location: %USERPROFILE%\Documents\Square Enix\FINAL FANTASY VII\
Reunion save location: save folder in game's root directory

You just have to copy and paste them over.
Thank you! By moving the save to the right place and disabling The Reunion, the scene progressed as it was supposed to.

Here's the save file prior to the hangup (you have to beat Demon's Gate first to get to the part that gets stuck) if it's of any help. Please say if there's some other information that could help.

tom servo

• View Profile
Model overhaul isn't enabled by default, so even modifying Options.ini isn't necessary.

---

Hello and thank you for this great set of mods. I've had a wonderful time playing the game for the first time in over 20 years, breezing through most of CD1.

Near the end of CD1, though, in the Temple of the Ancients I've encountered a weird bug where the game gets stuck in some sort of a loop at the point where Cait Sith is reading fortunes.

I have no idea if this could be caused by Reunion or something else; I'd appreciate any tips on what might help. I've tried disabling the translation / model overhaul / 60fps battles, but the hangup is unaffected. I can't try with another set of characters because like an idiot I only kept one save.

I have R06c with hotfix 11 and the Remako mod.

Video of the looping point in the game
(here's a video from someone else on how the scene presumably should proceed)

APP.log
The_Reunion.log

Sorry if this is unrelated to The Reunion in some obvious way!

I just passed this point with hotfix 11 and it played out ok for me.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
Did anyone get an annoying text that wouldnt go away when exploring Cloud's mind at Midhir?  Just before FMV in to Tifa's room.

owledTeukros

• View Profile
I just passed this point with hotfix 11 and it played out ok for me.
Firing blind here, but what was your party for the Temple? I had Tifa as the third character, and her animation in that scene seemed to behave differently from how it did with Reunion disabled. Just wondering if it's related.

tom servo

• View Profile
Firing blind here, but what was your party for the Temple? I had Tifa as the third character, and her animation in that scene seemed to behave differently from how it did with Reunion disabled. Just wondering if it's related.
Cloud, Red XIII and Aeris i think.

JWK

• View Profile
Did anyone get an annoying text that wouldnt go away when exploring Cloud's mind at Midhir?  Just before FMV in to Tifa's room.

I happen to have kept a save right before the fight with the weapon that leads into the lifestream sequence, because in one of the hotfixes, it kept jumping straight from that fight to the Highwind scene that was supposed to happen *after* the lifestream, but didn't actually get a full bug report written up.  Worked completely fine for me today, trying to run through it again, so I'll post the save for you to give it a shot and see if the text issue persists.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=19oGaEbAm80qlHAVxuKuCyK5z21u_Bdig

Try save 1, just outside Midhir.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile

it could be.  I did alter that field to allow for translation to work properly for cait.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
No crashes or crazy textures yet?

tom servo

• View Profile
it could be.  I did alter that field to allow for translation to work properly for cait.
In that scene theres a dialogue box glitch.

Same thing happens back in gold saucer when he reveals he's a traitor.

Some sort of typo in this scene.

Played a pretty large chunk of the game today and had no crashes, with interpolated animations and battle/field/world textures. One thing i noticed in hotfix10 is that barrett's gun effects were working but in hotfix11 they started disappearing again like in previous versions.
« Last Edit: 2020-03-06 23:40:34 by tom servo »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
oh ffs. I forgot to remove formatting messages for myself.  That <<c is for covarr!  Holy potato.
I'll need to get R06d out pronto.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
@tom servo
Odds are you selected fixed width names option and then have characters with the wrong name. 
Then again, I haven't edited the ff7 exe text either.

Basically Cait Sith needs to be called Cait and Aeris Aerith for boxes to fit right with that option,.  You can use Ochu to repair.  or Black Chocobo.

Cait
Barrett
Aerith
Red / Nanaki

With that option.  I'll fix it properly soon.
« Last Edit: 2020-03-07 01:02:44 by DLPB »

tom servo

• View Profile
Yes my installation options were Incorrect character names/incorrect place names/series canon/fixed length character names.

JWK

• View Profile
Welp, just had my first Hotfix 11 crash. :(

Crash occurred after ~90 min of exp grinding in the Airship, Laboratory zone (sunken airship).

No crash.dmp file was generated, nor did any error message pop up - the window simply closed suddenly after exiting a battle.

Relevant saved game, app.log and reunion.log here:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1wrZEgTaARvDmrxQzBPBuubuHJijziLy4

Most recent save is "Save file 02," Time: 49:46.

Nicolo

• View Profile

Played for about 3:30 hours, lots of high speed grinding, textures are fine and no fanfare glitch. That's the most stable hotfix yet for me.

Unrelated: in Shinra Mansion's basement, when you go to collect Vincent, the music there is supposed to keep on playing during random battles in the area, but it's getting muted during the battles.

Ansem

• View Profile
Unrelated: in Shinra Mansion's basement, when you go to collect Vincent, the music there is supposed to keep on playing during random battles in the area, but it's getting muted during the battles.

It isn't, actually. It's supposed to play the battle theme just as normal, but on PC the AKAO frame for that field (fields?) is broken and that's why in vanilla it doesn't play. The audio replacement probably just has a different fallback method for such an error, it being to cut the music out.

Kuraudo.

• SOLDIER
  • Maktub
    • View Profile
    • Behemoth Productions
Welp, just had my first Hotfix 11 crash. :(

Crash occurred after ~90 min of exp grinding in the Airship, Laboratory zone (sunken airship).

No crash.dmp file was generated, nor did any error message pop up - the window simply closed suddenly after exiting a battle.

Relevant saved game, app.log and reunion.log here:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1wrZEgTaARvDmrxQzBPBuubuHJijziLy4

Most recent save is "Save file 02," Time: 49:46.

Sorry to don't bring any files, just want to point out that a friend of mine was doing a run and had the excat same issue but after the Rufus fight when he leaves.

It isn't, actually. It's supposed to play the battle theme just as normal, but on PC the AKAO frame for that field (fields?) is broken and that's why in vanilla it doesn't play. The audio replacement probably just has a different fallback method for such an error, it being to cut the music out.

Oh. Bloody hell. Btw I got several times the spiral audio broken (before entering a battle) and the "receveid item" audio not fully played, sometimes not played at all. I will try my best to get some report/files to support if it isn't already fixed.
« Last Edit: 2020-03-07 12:16:28 by Kuraudo. »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
i'll have to investigate the Vincent basement issue.

The issue with sounds not playing is likely related to audio hardware and buffering and I'll need to raise with creator of bass.dll.  Please can you try with and without the SFX memory option in Options.ini?
« Last Edit: 2020-03-07 12:45:54 by DLPB »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
There is also clearly an issue after battle.  For some people it's just dying immediately.