Author Topic: [FF7PC] Ultima Espio Aeris patch  (Read 328443 times)

Vgr

• Global moderator
  • If it quacks like a duck, it must be a duck
    • View Profile
Re: [REL/FF7]Ultima Espio Final Fantasy VII Aeris patch
« Reply #575 on: 2011-11-13 15:54:39 »
Forgive cloudiar, he's not a native English speaker.

Basically, he asks if there is a way to create "empty" scenes in Makou Reactor and eventually add new scripts. He says that he tried but it results in an endless loop, which makes it doesn't work. He asks for free space in the flevel (BTW, you create them). He's not really good at English, but who minds? 8)

unpawned

• View Profile
« Reply #576 on: 2012-02-12 00:16:40 »
May i have to download all this one by one? Or there is a torrent or something like that to make it easier?

Syntrel

« Reply #577 on: 2012-02-25 01:48:51 »
What are the chances of someone making an installer for this patch/mod, or perhaps a step by step guide for those that aren't well versed with the various editing tools used on ff7 files?

I know I'm basically asking someone else to put forth their time and effort to make this patch more easily installed.  Unfortunately, the few available "install guides" for this patch are pretty vague and assume that the person desiring to install this patch already has a firm grasp of the editing tools used.

Never mind.  Thanks to DarkFang's lgp/unlgp instructions and your (Pitbrat's) patch install guide it went pretty damn smooth.  Patch is working fine, though it would be pretty cool to have a more involved optional quest with her in future updates.
« Last Edit: 2012-02-27 15:45:00 by Syntrel »

PitBrat

• Change to feed the machine.
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: 2012-02-25 02:45:50 »
LOOK HERE for both an automated installer and a tutorial on how to manually install this mod and others.

realmain

• View Profile
« Reply #579 on: 2012-04-10 22:19:16 »
I have some questions.

I installed this and Aerith HQ using bootleg , will they conflict with each other?  There were too many posts on this thread to read > >"

Also,  does this patch change anything at all in the game? or does aeris just stay in the party after her death?

And is gjoerulv hardcore currently working with this patch?

CURRENTLY UNCOMPATIBLE WITH REMIX PATCH/HARDCORE MOD

Since I had to use the remix installer for bootleg, is there going to be a conflict? Or is that just an old post? 2010 post with a March 23, 2011 download link?

« Last Edit: 2012-04-10 22:37:58 by realmain »

PitBrat

• Change to feed the machine.
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: 2012-04-10 22:46:52 »
Use Bootleg to install this mod.
It works with HQ Aerith and Hardcore.
When you use Revival and Hardcore together, there is a slight conflict.
As a result, there are 3 scenes in which Aerith isn't loitering around with Cloud's team mates.
This does not affect battles.  Aeris remains in your party.

Install the mods via Bootleg.
Don't try to install additional mods after Bootleg.
Use Bootloader to select the mode you wish to play before launching FF7.

unpawned

• View Profile
« Reply #581 on: 2012-07-03 11:51:46 »
I have installed bootleg and aeris patch.
I just got Tifabut Aeris doesn't seem to be there.

ultima espio

• View Profile
« Reply #582 on: 2013-09-05 09:38:16 »
I've been thinking about updating this for a while now, to make it work a little better and give her better placement and dialog.

There's been mention of several bugs and glitches that came with this, but nobody ever actually told me what they are. It would be nice to know so I can make sure that it doesn't happen this time.

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #583 on: 2013-09-05 17:18:34 »
urg, I know I fixed them for N7 but its been so long that I dont remember where exactly the problems were
I know for sure that there were problems in the glacier, either inside or / and outside the wood hut
there are a handful of scenes were the code didn't function properly due to inserted bytes and the jumps had to be adjusted ( in old Makou reactor )

ultima espio

• View Profile
« Reply #584 on: 2013-09-05 20:30:05 »
I always found the jumps to be quite confusing at times. It's definitely a lot easier now though. I didn't touch any of the areas after disc 1 where she already appeared, maybe that's part of it?

Hopefully I can make it from the beginning, without using any of the old code. With the new Makou Reactor it shouldn't take me nearly as long as last time, especially with the new animations ready to go.

Not sure about keeping the new Ultimate weapon sidequest though. Hmm what to do...

slotoshix

• View Profile
« Reply #585 on: 2014-01-04 20:51:49 »
Hi, all!

I just came across this mod today and tried to install it but being the visual person I am, are there any videos of the process showing how to install this mod? I tried to use general videos on youtube of aali's lgp tools but I cant get it to work for me. Ive even tried the bootleg program only to have problems there, when I tried it aborted and I did it step by step there. If I could get like a video how to use aali's lgp step by step as it relates to this mod I would be very appreciative. I just dont know what I could be doing wrong. I even moved my FF7 away from a system file and gave it its own file in the C drive. >.<;;

Nikodrako

• View Profile
« Reply #586 on: 2014-01-21 03:47:03 »
so MANY ZOMBIE JOKES waiting to happen or evil dead jokes.

ultima espio

• View Profile
« Reply #587 on: 2014-01-21 13:01:19 »
so MANY ZOMBIE JOKES waiting to happen or evil dead jokes.

Welcome to 2010 :P

lolmetimbers

• View Profile
« Reply #588 on: 2014-02-13 15:49:57 »
Doing a playthrough now with hardcore mod and will keep fraps handy to screenshot any oddities I find. One thing I noticed though is weapon balance issues, because her Ultimate Weapon is acquired early won't it seem weak later on? the damage is maxed out at 52 while everyone else has 95+.  I guess it won't matter much if she stays a caster class.

edit: Mhmmm just read that hardcore now has a weapon quest for her...any idea/guide where to start this then?
« Last Edit: 2014-02-13 16:08:15 by lolmetimbers »

NeuroSephrioth

• Neuro Sephiroth
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #589 on: 2014-03-02 14:59:11 »
Did you by chance make a climbing/not moving on ladder animation for Aerith? If so, may I borrow it for a project I'm working on?

ultima espio

• View Profile
« Reply #590 on: 2014-03-02 15:01:48 »
She's already got one, have a look in the ruined temple of the ancients map in Makou Reactor.

There's only Yuffie, Vincent and Cait Sith that don't have a climbing one.

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #591 on: 2014-03-09 15:25:23 »
When you confront Shizo you have two missing script checks for Aerith
gaiin_6, ID 1 ad script 3 and script 4 check for each party member except Aerith
Since it doesn't check for Aerith, it doesn't run script 3 and 4 for her like it does for everyone else
I fixed this for Nightmare (since I noticed Aerith bugs out during the party split just before Shizo ) and thought might as well tell you about it

ultima espio

• View Profile
« Reply #592 on: 2014-03-09 21:07:46 »
I can't believe this has been out over 3 years and nobody noticed. Thanks :)

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #593 on: 2014-03-09 23:24:59 »
To notice they'd need to bring Aerith to the Shizo fight and bother to report it (and know what is wrong)
My mod would be a completely different game if not for the Aerith Revival component

I modified the revival a bit though. I set the game moment variable during the scene where they carry off Aerith and then jump straight to the Inn, skipping the 'burial' video and scene entirely. Changing a few lines of dialogue and voila, it's like she just got wounded instead of killed.

ProtoX

« Reply #594 on: 2014-03-10 18:16:54 »
has anyone managed to get this to work with toughscript yet? its been a pain in the rear just getting it to work with it.

ultima espio

• View Profile
« Reply #595 on: 2014-03-13 13:44:06 »
Started work on patching. Looks like I've already patched some things and forgot about it, I didn't keep a list of what I did at the time.

But as of now, I've made the following changes:

Fship_12   Fixed parachute jump
Gaiin_6   Looking animation, fixed script
Crater_1   Text
Crater_2   Text, Aeris available
Itown1a   Text
Itown12   Text
Itown2   Text
Ithill   Position, animation
Ithos   text

You can tell where I used Meteor to add new text, it doesn't use the game speech marks. So I'm going through and fixing those.

Lol, I had originally based Aeris on Yuffie in Fship_12, and I altered it now so that she's based on Tifa. I forgot to change the script order around, so when weapon attacks, she throws herself off the edge while the others look on xDD

ProtoX

« Reply #596 on: 2014-03-13 16:44:12 »
don't forget to fix the dialogue box issue as well

ultima espio

• View Profile
« Reply #597 on: 2014-03-13 16:46:03 »
What was that?

ProtoX

« Reply #598 on: 2014-03-13 16:49:21 »