Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.99994)  (Read 4837403 times)

pearpoke

• View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v1.5)
« Reply #6250 on: 2017-10-17 03:10:56 »
Quick question regarding Ziegfried; I've played the 1.4 version of this game a couple times and never had a problem getting the materia from him. In 1.5 I've tried 3 times, once with a game crash and twice with Cloud being booted from the battle and my other 2 being killed by Odin. Doesn't give me a game over but Ziegfried says his defeat line and yet I get nothing and return to the world map. Is this supposed to happen?

Scaevola

• View Profile
« Reply #6251 on: 2017-10-17 15:12:00 »
I've been spending a lot of hours awake lately, but now I have to sleep because I think I came across either something broken or something that I need clarified:

I'm in the Dark Cave sidequest, and I never found the sector 5 key, when supposedly I would have been able to find it in the Shinra building. I went to the top floor, and the cutscene with Shinra started followed by the Mirage fight, and then when it went back to the shot of Shinra's desk, all I saw was Cait Sith (who was in the party), maybe there was some noise, and then I was booted back out in from of the cave's entrance. This was really weird to me, so I looked it up and apparently there's supposed to be a boss in front of that door to the outside, and past that a chest for the key. But I found neither of those when I reloaded my save. Did I do something wrong? Is there something that triggers this? If it was updated to be this way, is there anything else I can do? I can't go back into Midgar now.

Sorry if this was actually brought up in one of the past 100 or so pages.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #6252 on: 2017-10-17 18:16:43 »
Quick question regarding Ziegfried; I've played the 1.4 version of this game a couple times and never had a problem getting the materia from him. In 1.5 I've tried 3 times, once with a game crash and twice with Cloud being booted from the battle and my other 2 being killed by Odin. Doesn't give me a game over but Ziegfried says his defeat line and yet I get nothing and return to the world map. Is this supposed to happen?

The issue should have been sorted with the latest set of files; have you updated with the patches or IRO?

I've been spending a lot of hours awake lately, but now I have to sleep because I think I came across either something broken or something that I need clarified:

I'm in the Dark Cave sidequest, and I never found the sector 5 key, when supposedly I would have been able to find it in the Shinra building. I went to the top floor, and the cutscene with Shinra started followed by the Mirage fight, and then when it went back to the shot of Shinra's desk, all I saw was Cait Sith (who was in the party), maybe there was some noise, and then I was booted back out in from of the cave's entrance. This was really weird to me, so I looked it up and apparently there's supposed to be a boss in front of that door to the outside, and past that a chest for the key. But I found neither of those when I reloaded my save. Did I do something wrong? Is there something that triggers this? If it was updated to be this way, is there anything else I can do? I can't go back into Midgar now.

Sorry if this was actually brought up in one of the past 100 or so pages.

The finale was changed but it's still quite buggy; the escape sequence at the end was removed as well.

Scaevola

• View Profile
« Reply #6253 on: 2017-10-17 21:45:40 »
Alright, thanks. Just in case, is there anything else I should know? Like do I miss out on something big or important?

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #6254 on: 2017-10-18 01:10:30 »
Alright, thanks. Just in case, is there anything else I should know? Like do I miss out on something big or important?

Nah, not really. The boss you used to fight was moved elsewhere.

goodmorninpluto

• View Profile
« Reply #6255 on: 2017-10-18 19:21:56 »
Quick question: do you need to do something to trigger Ruby (I believe it's called Viridian in the mod) Weapon to appear in the desert? I just beat Hojo, but did not venture into Northern Crater at all.

Bowser9

• View Profile
« Reply #6256 on: 2017-10-18 22:36:48 »
Quick question: do you need to do something to trigger Ruby (I believe it's called Viridian in the mod) Weapon to appear in the desert? I just beat Hojo, but did not venture into Northern Crater at all.

You need to corner Ultimate Weapon in a dark alley. The usual.

MoCheese

• View Profile
« Reply #6257 on: 2017-10-19 18:44:48 »
Played through the mod again and I didn't find much in the bugs department. But for what I did find, here they are:

- Both Vincent and Cid's Innate text's are either wrong or misleading? Need some clarification here. For Cid, I think it mentioned that Cid's innate works on the back row/front row system instead of magic damage/physical damage it works on now. As for Vincent, all it said was "MP Regeneration" I believe, but that is not what was happening with Vincent. His health was regenerating. Double check required on both of these innates. Also, in regards to innates a question: Cait Sith's innate seems weak in comparison to Vincent's Health Regen innate. Cait Sith only gets 1 MP per action it looked like, which really isn't much. While Vincent was getting a percentage of health back whenever it ticked it seemed? Perhaps either a buff to Cait Sith or a nerf to Vincent is in order here? I'd say the Cait Sith increase honestly.

- When you first arrive at the City of the Ancients with Vincent in your party, and go to the house that has the beds in it. Vincent will say "There are beds he". "here" has been cut off. And when the scene switches to night and Cloud tells the group that Aeris and Sephiroth are also there, Cid has a line "So how did you find that out" without the question mark and quotation marks.

- If you ask the guy for Snowboarding instructions right before the slope in Icicle Inn, the windows are on top of each other and therefore tough to read.

And finally, a question about something not in the mod but I was wondering:

So I was playing through Normal because I wanted to see specifically if Rubicante was still in there and sure enough he was. I was then wondering if Cagnazzo was going to be in the place of Lich but he was not. Have you ever thought of making him for Normal mode to finish off the set? If not, you should think about it. I feel like I've asked this before but I don't remember.

Great stuff as always!

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #6258 on: 2017-10-20 00:19:31 »
Played through the mod again and I didn't find much in the bugs department. But for what I did find, here they are:

- Both Vincent and Cid's Innate text's are either wrong or misleading? Need some clarification here. For Cid, I think it mentioned that Cid's innate works on the back row/front row system instead of magic damage/physical damage it works on now. As for Vincent, all it said was "MP Regeneration" I believe, but that is not what was happening with Vincent. His health was regenerating. Double check required on both of these innates. Also, in regards to innates a question: Cait Sith's innate seems weak in comparison to Vincent's Health Regen innate. Cait Sith only gets 1 MP per action it looked like, which really isn't much. While Vincent was getting a percentage of health back whenever it ticked it seemed? Perhaps either a buff to Cait Sith or a nerf to Vincent is in order here? I'd say the Cait Sith increase honestly.

- When you first arrive at the City of the Ancients with Vincent in your party, and go to the house that has the beds in it. Vincent will say "There are beds he". "here" has been cut off. And when the scene switches to night and Cloud tells the group that Aeris and Sephiroth are also there, Cid has a line "So how did you find that out" without the question mark and quotation marks.

- If you ask the guy for Snowboarding instructions right before the slope in Icicle Inn, the windows are on top of each other and therefore tough to read.

And finally, a question about something not in the mod but I was wondering:

So I was playing through Normal because I wanted to see specifically if Rubicante was still in there and sure enough he was. I was then wondering if Cagnazzo was going to be in the place of Lich but he was not. Have you ever thought of making him for Normal mode to finish off the set? If not, you should think about it. I feel like I've asked this before but I don't remember.

Great stuff as always!

I'll take care of the formatting issues. I suppose I am missing the water one, aren't I? Maybe I'll sneak him into the FF8 mod :3

MoCheese

• View Profile
« Reply #6259 on: 2017-10-21 18:22:14 »
I'll take care of the formatting issues. I suppose I am missing the water one, aren't I? Maybe I'll sneak him into the FF8 mod :3

Heh, you could. Though it may to lead to questions about where the other three are in 8!

*Dun Dun Dun*

ShayElric

• View Profile
« Reply #6260 on: 2017-10-23 17:54:33 »
Had to create an account to ask a quick question.
Loving the mod so far. Playing through ff7 countless times I've never had to re-try boss fights or get killed by random encounters because I'm unprepared. XD
I have encountered a bit of a problem in Junon though playing through on the 1.5v.
With the flying serpent boss Jormungandr, all previous references and the excel document refer to him as Illuyankas, but this is the name that appears when you target him.
I'm having major difficulties with this boss fight.
Dirty Bombs rarely hit him to inflict poison which was what was recommended in Sega Chief's 1.4v video.
He has turns when he sometimes takes 3 actions, and with how hard he hits he wipes out 2 of my party leaving 1 to frantically try to recover what's left.
I have my ATB set to wait and yet when I'm deciding the best magic to use to survive the next onslaught he seems to take these random turns.
I managed to pick up a Bird wing from somewhere which hits him for 3k, combining that with Choco/Mog summon, the most amount of damage I've ever done to him is around 5k with some lucky evades.
With how fast and hard this guy hits I can't even get in the obligatory Barrier/MBarrier/Haste buffs before someone is dead.

MoCheese

• View Profile
« Reply #6261 on: 2017-10-23 19:02:10 »
Had to create an account to ask a quick question.
Loving the mod so far. Playing through ff7 countless times I've never had to re-try boss fights or get killed by random encounters because I'm unprepared. XD
I have encountered a bit of a problem in Junon though playing through on the 1.5v.
With the flying serpent boss Jormungandr, all previous references and the excel document refer to him as Illuyankas, but this is the name that appears when you target him.
I'm having major difficulties with this boss fight.
Dirty Bombs rarely hit him to inflict poison which was what was recommended in Sega Chief's 1.4v video.
He has turns when he sometimes takes 3 actions, and with how hard he hits he wipes out 2 of my party leaving 1 to frantically try to recover what's left.
I have my ATB set to wait and yet when I'm deciding the best magic to use to survive the next onslaught he seems to take these random turns.
I managed to pick up a Bird wing from somewhere which hits him for 3k, combining that with Choco/Mog summon, the most amount of damage I've ever done to him is around 5k with some lucky evades.
With how fast and hard this guy hits I can't even get in the obligatory Barrier/MBarrier/Haste buffs before someone is dead.

So to start, his name was initially Illuyankas but was changed to Jormungandr because he was another boss in the mod that was removed. Not sure why the name was changed? Maybe Sega liked it more, regardless, it's the same boss. Anyways, some help.

Yeah, use a Dirty Bomb to start. Slow also works so use that. He'll also be weak to Lightning so Bolt on your best Mage will do well. Chocobuckle, the Enemy Skill, is also great for this fight if you picked it up back at the farm. You can put your characters in Fury if they can't attack him because of Long Range to get more Limits and also put everyone in the back row to lower Tail attack damage. If you are using Barret you can give him Wind Bullets with Elemental - Choco/Mog junctioned together if you picked it up in Midgar.

Another thing to keep in mind is that if enemies are stringing a lot of attacks together, it could be a few reasons. A lot of enemies use counter attacks when they get below certain health thresholds, and some enemies just get to go multiple times in a row with certain moves. And I think Jormungandr can do both actually. If you're seeing a lot of attacks in a row, slow your attacking down some to ease that problem up.

If all else fails, you can search me up on Youtube where I uploaded every boss fight for anyone that wants/needs help. Maybe some visuals could help as well. The video will be named Illuyankas but it's the same fight as I mentioned earlier.
« Last Edit: 2017-10-23 19:04:06 by MoCheese »

boozek

• View Profile
« Reply #6262 on: 2017-10-23 19:28:22 »
how to get Heaven's Cloud weapon ?

ShayElric

• View Profile
« Reply #6263 on: 2017-10-23 19:36:35 »
So to start, his name was initially Illuyankas but was changed to Jormungandr because he was another boss in the mod that was removed. Not sure why the name was changed? Maybe Sega liked it more, regardless, it's the same boss. Anyways, some help.

Yeah, use a Dirty Bomb to start. Slow also works so use that. He'll also be weak to Lightning so Bolt on your best Mage will do well. Chocobuckle, the Enemy Skill, is also great for this fight if you picked it up back at the farm. You can put your characters in Fury if they can't attack him because of Long Range to get more Limits and also put everyone in the back row to lower Tail attack damage. If you are using Barret you can give him Wind Bullets with Elemental - Choco/Mog junctioned together if you picked it up in Midgar.

Another thing to keep in mind is that if enemies are stringing a lot of attacks together, it could be a few reasons. A lot of enemies use counter attacks when they get below certain health thresholds, and some enemies just get to go multiple times in a row with certain moves. And I think Jormungandr can do both actually. If you're seeing a lot of attacks in a row, slow your attacking down some to ease that problem up.

If all else fails, you can search me up on Youtube where I uploaded every boss fight for anyone that wants/needs help. Maybe some visuals could help as well. The video will be named Illuyankas but it's the same fight as I mentioned earlier.

Just watched your video. You're using the exact same tactics I am using apart from the fact that I am just focusing Cloud and Yuffie on bolt magic with Aeris being healer/buffer.
Just tried it a couple more times with the last attempt going as follows:
-Match starts, ATB gauge fills for Yuffie
-Go items and scroll to pick spider web to inflict slow
-During this (ATB is set to wait), Jormungandr uses 'Serpantarious', doing roughly 400 damage and inflicting Stop on Yuffie
-Instantly followed up by a tail attack which hits for 500 and kills Yuffie
-ATB gauge fills for cloud
-Jormungandr uses 'Cyclone' then 'Tail Attack' killing Cloud before any action can be taken
And after that I thought there was no point even trying that fight.

Couple more things to add about my game after watching your video.
- I'm playing the latest 1.5v on 'Arrange'
- Boss' name is different
- Texture seems to be missing for the body (all black)
- The damage I'm taking is roughly twice as much as you are taking (with all members in back row and barrier cast)
- Dirty Bomb almost never hits (don't know how my first one actually hit)
- 'Tail Attack' heals boss for damage taken and is only used against one character (usually as a follow-up skill)
- 'Serpentarious' skill being used which inflicts 'Stop' and a number of other status effects
- Never seen the boss 'basic' attack, thought it was all skills XD
- 16k health (don't think you ever sensed the boss in your video to see his health)
- 'Selenostrike' does health damage not MP damage

I've not had too much difficulty with the encounters after figuring out their weaknesses but this boss makes me think that the AI has been un-intentionally tweaked with the removed boss you mentioned. The battle itself feels like the boss is bypassing the turn order and unleashing mid-game skills and combos.

Just spotted the hotfix below download
'-) Arrange Mode: Bottomswell replacement boss fixed'
Ummmmm... Maybe that's why I'm having so much difficulty XD will report back once I've patched.
Ok. Nvm. It gives me the message 'Nothing to do! Files are already updated'. But I wanna say that this hotfix for the bottomswell boss isn't actually implemented in the new release.
« Last Edit: 2017-10-23 19:47:39 by ShayElric »

ShayElric

• View Profile
« Reply #6264 on: 2017-10-23 22:51:38 »

It's a drop from the 'Iron Man' enemy after the point of no return. Look in the documentation with the mod for a text file titled 'where is the thing'. It will tell you where you can get everything that's been moved

MoCheese

• View Profile
« Reply #6265 on: 2017-10-24 00:01:25 »
Just watched your video. You're using the exact same tactics I am using apart from the fact that I am just focusing Cloud and Yuffie on bolt magic with Aeris being healer/buffer.
-During this (ATB is set to wait), Jormungandr uses 'Serpantarious', doing roughly 400 damage and inflicting Stop on Yuffie
-Jormungandr uses 'Cyclone' then 'Tail Attack' killing Cloud before any action can be taken

- The damage I'm taking is roughly twice as much as you are taking (with all members in back row and barrier cast)
- 'Tail Attack' heals boss for damage taken and is only used against one character (usually as a follow-up skill)
- 'Serpentarious' skill being used which inflicts 'Stop' and a number of other status effects
- 16k health (don't think you ever sensed the boss in your video to see his health)

I've not had too much difficulty with the encounters after figuring out their weaknesses but this boss makes me think that the AI has been un-intentionally tweaked with the removed boss you mentioned. The battle itself feels like the boss is bypassing the turn order and unleashing mid-game skills and combos.

Ummmmm... Maybe that's why I'm having so much difficulty XD will report back once I've patched.
Ok. Nvm. It gives me the message 'Nothing to do! Files are already updated'. But I wanna say that this hotfix for the bottomswell boss isn't actually implemented in the new release.

So I read all that, and yeah, somewhere along the lines either one of two things has happened:

- Either you haven't patched up fully and/or install the mod/patched correctly. Or you've installed other mods or fiddled with the files in some way to make Jormungandr screwy, or..

- Somewhere along the way, something happened in patches to make Jormungandr a problem and that'd be on Sega's side.

I can't say for certain what it would be as I haven't played in a bit, but I do know that things like Selenostrike only does MP damage when I did it for example. And again, remember what I said about the name, it was Illuyankas when I did it, the name has been changed now though. If Jormungandr has been screwed up because of patches or in the name switch, we'd either need Sega or someone else on here to confirm it. If what you are saying is happening, beating it would be a huge problem for sure.

The only thing I can recommend without other peoples input would be to backup your save file and do a completely fresh installation of both FF7 and New Threat. If that doesn't work, then I think you've have to wait for someone with more knowledge than I to help.

unclebiggs23

• View Profile
« Reply #6266 on: 2017-10-24 02:10:14 »

So I have the Proud Clod editor that can allow you to see enemies' stats, weaknesses, immunities, etc and it seems that Jormungandr has a Strength stat of 170, which could explain why he's doing so much damage to you. He's also at Level 33, so if your level is lower than his, then he will do even more damage, as the formula for calculating damage depends on the user's level and the target's level. Perhaps this was a stat that Sega Chief missed out on toning down? Not sure. But if the boss is doing so much damage that must be the reason why.

Scaevola

• View Profile
« Reply #6267 on: 2017-10-24 10:21:51 »
This mod is ferning awesome, man. Just took care of Ozma, just amazing. Amazing. I'm not sure if his health was just right or too little. That strawberries's exciting. Just have the final bosses left, as far as I know, but there are still questions on my mind. Firstly, yeah, I wanna figure out that spooky blank-named item. And then there's the SP list of party members, I never found out what the ? ? ? ? ? ? was for, whether or not I can guess doesn't matter as much as if there's anything I can do about it.
« Last Edit: 2017-10-24 10:29:28 by Scaevola »

Leucocyte

• View Profile
« Reply #6268 on: 2017-10-24 13:09:17 »

You can fight the Iron man in the "Crater - Stone Descent" (Where the Behemoth boss is - the first "Left" when your party splits.)

I believe Heaven's Cloud is it's drop item and you can steal Ragnarok.

-

Is it possible to re-spec with the SP system? I've ended up with a couple of fairly useless characters for the end-game but I'd also like to test out some of the alternate options without replaying the whole game!

If it's not currently possible is it something that can be added in?

« Last Edit: 2017-10-24 13:14:29 by Leucocyte »

boozek

• View Profile
« Reply #6269 on: 2017-10-24 19:05:25 »
You can fight the Iron man in the "Crater - Stone Descent" (Where the Behemoth boss is - the first "Left" when your party splits.)

-

Is it possible to re-spec with the SP system? I've ended up with a couple of fairly useless characters for the end-game but I'd also like to test out some of the alternate options without replaying the whole game!

I had to fight him 10x times to get Heaven's Cloud, most of the time he has NO drop, he can also drop Ragnarok rarely. Thanks anyway.
« Last Edit: 2017-10-24 19:26:08 by boozek »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #6270 on: 2017-10-24 22:48:05 »
Illuyankas (Bottomswell) is fought when playing on Normal Mode; this boss is replaced by a much stronger variant called Jormungandr when playing on Arrange Mode. The model isn't missing textures either, it's just black. If you need notes on AI, weaknesses, and a strat to beat him then I'll post one here later.

-

Can't add a respec currently, but I'll look into it; I think DLPB was working on adding functionality to add new opcodes to Makou (for savemap editing) but I'll need to check.

Scaevola

• View Profile
« Reply #6271 on: 2017-10-25 04:19:41 »
That sounds like it could be exploited really easily if you could just re-rank party members for a certain boss. If you make that possible, there should probably be some sort of limit or consequence, but not something necessarily long-term like needing to grind the SP back up from scratch.

For example, let's say you can undo every rank's stat increases for a particular character and be able to pick 8 new ranks from the get-go, but you can only do it once per-character. I feel like once would be good enough considering the length of the game, although I haven't tried Arranged yet. There might also be the issue of how tedious and slow applying sources 8 times in a row would be each time, but that's not as big a deal if it's limited anyway. As to whether you can do this before or after they max out, I'm not sure.
« Last Edit: 2017-10-25 09:27:46 by Scaevola »

Mithrain

• View Profile
« Reply #6272 on: 2017-10-27 12:39:35 »
Hey Segabro, finally got around to playing 1.5. o/

Spoiler: show
Is it a bug, that Tifa doesn't assist with the sewerboss before the graveyard area? :> Or is it simply another feature of the arrange mode, like the silly amount of lasers from the scorpion in the first reactor? :D
« Last Edit: 2017-10-27 12:44:03 by Mithrain »

Scaevola

• View Profile
« Reply #6273 on: 2017-10-27 13:34:05 »

Is it a bug, that Tifa doesn't assist with the sewerboss before the graveyard area? :> Or is it simply another feature of the arrange mode, like the silly amount of lasers from the scorpion in the first reactor? :D

Just got through that part myself, except with Aeris. It must be affected by who you talk to first, like how it would originally affect gold saucer values.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #6274 on: 2017-10-27 13:46:49 »

Who you talk to first determines who will be in the battle with you.