Author Topic: [FF7][FAQ] 7th Heaven Frequently Asked Questions  (Read 533384 times)

masamunex

• View Profile
Re: Re: [FF7] Tifa's Final Heaven - 7th Heaven Mod Tutorial
« Reply #350 on: 2015-02-27 12:37:30 »
7th Heaven not working help pls!

System.ArgumentNullException: Der Wert darf nicht NULL sein.
Parametername: path1
   bei System.IO.Path.Combine(String path1, String path2)
   bei Iros._7th.Workshop.Settings.<VerifySettings>d__2.MoveNext() in c:\Iros\7thWorkshop\Settings.cs:Zeile 48.
   bei System.String.Join(String separator, IEnumerable`1 values)
   bei Iros._7th.Workshop.fLibrary.fLibrary_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) in c:\Iros\7thWorkshop\fLibrary.cs:Zeile 120.
   bei System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnCreateControl()
   bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
   bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

FF7 game converter worked fine but when i clicked on 7th Heaven exe with admin this error message came
also its the steam version and i have steam and the game installed on D if thats important
and is it possible that i need to first run the game onece for it to work if yes is it before or after i used the FF7 game converter?
i got the game from german steam store but updated its language to english will it count as english version?

DevonCM

• View Profile
« Reply #351 on: 2015-02-28 05:17:13 »
I'm having a similar issue as the above post it seems.

Install via the original disk version, run the patcher, go to open 7thHeaven and then get this:

System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: path1
   at System.IO.Path.Combine(String path1, String path2)
   at Iros._7th.Workshop.Settings.<VerifySettings>d__2.MoveNext() in c:\Iros\7thWorkshop\Settings.cs:line 48
   at System.String.Join(String separator, IEnumerable`1 values)
   at Iros._7th.Workshop.fLibrary.fLibrary_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) in c:\Iros\7thWorkshop\fLibrary.cs:line 120
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnCreateControl()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

I've had the game running in the past with the bootleg methods, though I'd like to use this seemingly streamlined and superior solution.

Any suggestions?

Fyrinite

• View Profile
« Reply #352 on: 2015-02-28 07:08:10 »
Both those sound like issues with how 7th Heaven is detecting certain settings.  What's your path to the ff7 exe?  Is that same path set in the 7th Heaven settings.xml file(since you can't get it to open to check settings)?  The file is at %appdata%\7thWorkshop\settings.xml, and you are looking for the FF7Exe element.

ManuBBXX

• View Profile
« Reply #353 on: 2015-03-01 21:42:18 »
I play for the first time with a full 7H install. I mean all mods activated. Runs great, anyway, I have 2 little questions :

1 - I used to love the 'black mage' tracks( especially the boss music ) from Anxious Heart. What's the setting in the mod for having it ?
2 - I tried the full Aerith + hardcore mod, and it seems harder than just 'hardcore mod', since the beggining of the game. is it normal ?

Sora123masta

• View Profile
« Reply #354 on: 2015-03-02 01:32:48 »
I play for the first time with a full 7H install. I mean all mods activated. Runs great, anyway, I have 2 little questions :

1 - I used to love the 'black mage' tracks( especially the boss music ) from Anxious Heart. What's the setting in the mod for having it ?
2 - I tried the full Aerith + hardcore mod, and it seems harder than just 'hardcore mod', since the beggining of the game. is it normal ?

PFT!  I am still trying to get it to run great. xD  Can't even get the avatars to work nor the backgrounds for the menu.

ManuBBXX

• View Profile
« Reply #355 on: 2015-03-02 12:59:21 »
What's the order of all your active mods in catalog ?
I could give you mine.

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: 2015-03-04 13:26:00 »
Catalog for ChaOS.
iros://Url/http$pastebin.com/raw.php?i=fZGmYc0T

Use Check subscriptions now to see the content of both catalogs. Atm. 7H shows only the content of the last subscription.
« Last Edit: 2015-03-04 13:29:04 by Kaldarasha »

Alfarjamie

• View Profile
« Reply #357 on: 2015-03-11 03:09:52 »
Converter does not work, win 8.1 x64 steam version. Detects folder, i press enter, command prompt just closes and does not apply any kind of patch.

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #358 on: 2015-03-11 05:04:27 »
Check FF7_GC.log to see what it applied.

Alfarjamie

• View Profile
« Reply #359 on: 2015-03-11 05:51:59 »
It isn't creating one, literally i press enter and the cmd window just closes can't even see any kind of error for the 1ms time after pressing.

levantine

• View Profile
« Reply #360 on: 2015-03-11 07:20:35 »
Do do you configure the converter in propriety and check run as administrator?

Alfarjamie

• View Profile
« Reply #361 on: 2015-03-11 07:38:09 »
Yes its running as admin  and what do you mean "configure"? It doesnt exactly give me more options than pointing to the folder which it already finds..

Tried reinstalling the game a second time, deleted all the files in the folder, still no luck.

Reinstalled again to different drive, it was in program files before, you should probably make this instruction part a bit more noticable xD Therefore fixed.

New problem: Get FF7.exe has stopped working crash on startup/launch. Resolution is also in 640x480 when this happens.

Edit: solved again, running 7th heaven as admin and set ff7.exe to run as admin
« Last Edit: 2015-03-11 11:19:14 by Alfarjamie »

levantine

• View Profile
« Reply #362 on: 2015-03-11 11:37:10 »
I mean right click on 7th heaven > propriety > check run as administrator

levantine

• View Profile
« Reply #363 on: 2015-03-11 11:38:43 »
Right click on the converter not on 7th sry (but i suggest to do the same on 7th)

Alfarjamie

• View Profile
« Reply #364 on: 2015-03-11 15:35:58 »
For the converter i had to install it outside of program files. For 7TH h i had to run as admin. took a while but meh.

levantine

• View Profile
« Reply #365 on: 2015-03-11 18:01:37 »
Does it worth for you now?

Lionsmane

• View Profile
« Reply #366 on: 2015-03-11 22:51:08 »
Is it possible for me to repatch the lgp file with new field models after ive already installed 7h?

I'd like to use some field models that aren't currently an option in 7h like cmh175's.

But I dont want to mess anything up because things are running great for me at the moment.

Anyone have experience doing what I'm curious about?

Thanks

KingPizza

• View Profile
« Reply #367 on: 2015-03-12 08:18:28 »
I wasn't sure if this should go here or the official 7th Heaven forum, but since this one has load order suggestions, I decided on here.

First of all, I would just like to say that this mod has changed everything for me. Last year I attempted to mod the game using Bootleg, and after nearly a week of aggravating troubleshooting, I abandoned that attempt. I would get the game working fine, only to find the next day something was broken. This mod couldn't have been any easier, and am eagerly awaiting additions to the mods catalog!

I'm writing to note differences I encountered with my working mod order compared to the one given in the tutorial. Step 5 states:

IMPORTANT: Use the up/down arrow keys to arrange the mods in the following load order:

Miscellaneous - Red Werewolf
Miscellaneous - CHaOS (Character Overhaul Seven)
Gameplay - Difficulty and Story
Battle Models - Weapons
Any order thereafter (I go alphabetically)

I found that in my game, CHaOS was overwriting any settings in the "Field Models - Characters, Enemies, Objects" and "Battle Models - Characters" catalogs. What I had to do to prevent conflict was put CHaOS below these 2, and then turn off Field Models from the former catalog. My order then looked like this and is running fine:

Battle Models - Enemies
Field Models - Characters, Enemies, and Objects (field models turned off)
Gameplay - Difficulty and Story
Battle Models - Weapons
Animations
Spell Textures
Battle Models - Characters
CHaOS
etc, etc, etc.

ManuBBXX

• View Profile
« Reply #368 on: 2015-03-17 22:29:54 »
If we want to have new textures like mayo master TA new fields, can we place the PNG in trhe mod/Textures folder ?
Or 7H folder ?
Is it possible to mix 7H and new textures not coming from catalog ?

Dark_kloud

• View Profile
« Reply #369 on: 2015-03-19 12:47:00 »
Hi boys!
I'm Dark_Kloud and I love that modpack!  :P
I have a little problem, when I try to play "NT" mod with 7h, it doesn't load properly, I receive some strange materia names (like "Force" for elemental, "poison null" 4 poisona..) why it happens?
Also, every time I open 7h I receive this message:
The following errors were found in your configuration:
Aali modpath: <folder where I installed FFVII>/mods/bootleg not found
Music: <FFVII folder>/music not found

The settings window will now be opened so you can fix them.

Why it happens?

Riketz Karlom

• View Profile
« Reply #370 on: 2015-03-20 21:31:14 »
This worked great the first time I opened it, then I stupidly opened the FF7config to try and upscale the windowed resolution and fix the Movies directory (7th Heaven doesn't like the default install path, apparently). Now, when I try to launch the game via 7th Heaven, the game exe completely ignores 7th Heaven and launches normally. I obviously just need to delete some sort of configuration file to fix this and try to find the game's ini for the movie directory, but there are just so many files in place due to all of the mods. Please help.

Edit : Solved it myself by using FF7 converter + overwrite command. Now, if I could just get this to launch through Steam with the Overlay active.
« Last Edit: 2015-03-20 21:45:04 by Riketz Karlom »

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #371 on: 2015-03-20 21:46:11 »
If we want to have new textures like mayo master TA new fields, can we place the PNG in trhe mod/Textures folder ?
Or 7H folder ?

mods/Textures is where the Aali driver reads. You can place anything manually in there, but 7H will overwrite it if there is a mod that alters the same files.

Hi boys!
I'm Dark_Kloud and I love that modpack!  :P
I have a little problem, when I try to play "NT" mod with 7h, it doesn't load properly, I receive some strange materia names (like "Force" for elemental, "poison null" 4 poisona..) why it happens?
Also, every time I open 7h I receive this message:
The following errors were found in your configuration:
Aali modpath: <folder where I installed FFVII>/mods/bootleg not found
Music: <FFVII folder>/music not found

The settings window will now be opened so you can fix them.

Why it happens?
Or 7H folder ?

This is probably from the flevel that was left in Menu Overhaul. The next update to the Catalog removes it.

This worked great the first time I opened it, then I stupidly opened the FF7config to try and upscale the windowed resolution and fix the Movies directory (7th Heaven doesn't like the default install path, apparently). Now, when I try to launch the game via 7th Heaven, the game exe completely ignores 7th Heaven and launches normally. I obviously just need to delete some sort of configuration file to fix this and try to find the game's ini for the movie directory, but there are just so many files in place due to all of the mods. Please help.

Run the FF7_GameConverter_7H.exe again. Don't open FF7Config, as it will change the registry keys.

Sora123masta

• View Profile
« Reply #372 on: 2015-03-22 16:38:06 »
Well, almost done with my little project on the steam release.  I just wanna ask. How are things going for you guys? I also figured out what was wrong with my Avatar and background thing from 7h the last time I used it. i could have just extracted the IRO and put the files there manually.  A bit funny yeh? Also, what is to be expected in the future with the catalog? Is there anything new? I have been too busy to get around the detail due to work.  My shifts are crazy.

ManuBBXX

• View Profile
« Reply #373 on: 2015-03-24 16:30:18 »
mods/Textures is where the Aali driver reads. You can place anything manually in there, but 7H will overwrite it if there is a mod that alters the same files.

Thanks EQ2Alyza ! So, any chance to see this Team Avalanche new fields in a future 7H catalog update ?

rgmarks

• View Profile
« Reply #374 on: 2015-03-25 04:52:33 »
oh man thanks for this awesome mod, sorry but i dont know where to ask this, where can i config the controller for the game? i have a ps4 controller and a pc gamepad, but cant make anyone to work with the game. Can somebody help me?

Edit: Actually i cant even make the keyboard work, wtf? lol
« Last Edit: 2015-03-25 05:05:50 by rgmarks »