Author Topic: [FF7][FAQ] 7th Heaven Frequently Asked Questions  (Read 533245 times)

Yuffie1983

• View Profile
Re: Re: [FF7] Tifa's Final Heaven - 7th Heaven Mod Tutorial
« Reply #425 on: 2015-04-18 22:28:40 »
I'm not sure how I can help you then Yuffie. The video is in 4K, so the resolution can't go any higher. The written tutorial has notes and images for every step, so I'm not sure what other details are needed. "Mod not found" is not an error message I'm familiar with. If you can screenshot what you're talking about, than I could possibly help.

I'm 99% certain though that something hasn't been setup correctly on your side since I just downloaded the entire Catalog with no hiccups a couple nights ago. I don't think setting up 7H is the easiest process in the world, but it's not super difficult either. It's all a learning curve, but once you learn it, it's quite simple.

Hello Alyza first thing I would like to apologize for my attitude towards you and to all the hard work you have put into this mod and your other works  :(. I have now got this working switching to windows 7 ultimate help lord knows why but it did I was using 8.1 before. I still have a problem I am using the New Threat mod and a nearly all graphical over hauls apart from the were wolf Red XIII mod, anyway the problem I am having is that in random battles if I say like there are 4 enemies to fight I seem like I only need to kill 2 or 3 win the battle but I am still getting the full amount of exp and ap as if I killed 4 making the mod easier than it should be any help please.

Also is it possible to update last threat mod to 1.3 using the exe installer and the scene fix patch while still using the the 7th heaven mod and the graphical mods.

Also I another problem the fmv I selected in the mod DrLilo's Chibi replacement is not working I am still getting chibi's in FMV

By the way is there meant to be no files in the movies folder which is created by the 7th heaven game patcher.
« Last Edit: 2015-04-19 16:29:45 by Yuffie1983 »

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #426 on: 2015-04-20 03:29:00 »
New Threat has some kind of XP scaling that is different from the original. Sega Chief can give you the details on that. I have read that it gets a little bonkers with XP gain when you start NT from a save rather than starting a new game.

It's not recommended to alter any of the game files other than what the converter does. If a mod effects the same files as NT, then it will overwrite it and break NT.

When you run the converter, it tells you where its found the movies path. By default, it should be the ...data\movies folder. This is the same path that needs to be entered into Workshop -> Settings. If the converter found a different path (or you typed a different one in when it asks) or you typed in the wrong Movies Path in Workshop -> Settings, movie mods won't show up and the game's original will play. Try selecting a different option for the FMVs and see if those don't appear either. If so, you've just got a setup error.

No, the movies folder isn't created by the game converter, so I'm not sure what you've done at this point if that folder is empty. It should still contain the original avi movie files.

Zara9

• View Profile
« Reply #427 on: 2015-04-21 18:42:46 »
hey

when is the 1.3 of NT going to be added to 7th heaven

thanks

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: 2015-04-21 22:04:58 »
In the next Catalog update. I've got the latest patches in it as well (March 17th).

Rukenu

• View Profile
« Reply #429 on: 2015-04-22 16:09:07 »
Is there an ETA for the next update?

ItchyPanda

• View Profile
« Reply #430 on: 2015-04-22 16:19:07 »
Well, apparently, the game doesn't run as smooth as I'd like it to, do the mods affect gameplay speed?

F0AL5

• View Profile
« Reply #431 on: 2015-04-22 17:01:19 »
Is there anywhere in these forums where one might see aforementioned catalog updates? 
Such as the ETA, or a list of what the updates might be? 

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: 2015-04-22 18:45:06 »
Well, apparently, the game doesn't run as smooth as I'd like it to, do the mods affect gameplay speed?

Go into Workshop -> OpenGL driver configuration and fiddle with your settings. Lowering the internal resolution should help a bit.

Is there anywhere in these forums where one might see aforementioned catalog updates? 
Such as the ETA, or a list of what the updates might be? 

I wrote a list awhile ago for anyone to add suggestions to it: http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=15902.0

When I release an update, I put it at the bottom of the main tutorial post.

F0AL5

• View Profile
« Reply #433 on: 2015-04-22 18:56:56 »
Ahh, thank you for the link and clarification on that.

ItchyPanda

• View Profile
« Reply #434 on: 2015-04-24 02:28:49 »
Does anyone have an idea of how to fix this? :(

Also, even with the mods on, sometimes, some of them won't load...

Thanks in advance.

F0AL5

• View Profile
« Reply #435 on: 2015-04-24 11:56:25 »
I'm no expert here, but it seems you may have some mods in conflict.  What's your mod order?

ItchyPanda

• View Profile
« Reply #436 on: 2015-04-24 12:41:05 »
It seems I got everything to work perfectly, just some minor slowdown in the menu and when receiving exp and items

F0AL5

• View Profile
« Reply #437 on: 2015-04-24 13:29:25 »
Did you try lowering the internal resolution?  That may speed it up a bit...

Bioshibby

• View Profile
« Reply #438 on: 2015-04-26 14:10:15 »
so after installing this mod and doing every step you have said in the video tutorial i got this error it only appeared after i activated the mods

System.InvalidOperationException: There is an error in XML document (0, 0). ---> System.Xml.XmlException: Root element is missing.
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(Exception e)
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseDocumentContent()
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Read()
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReader.Read()
   at System.Xml.XmlReader.MoveToContent()
   at Microsoft.Xml.Serialization.GeneratedAssembly.XmlSerializationReaderProfile.Read5_Profile()
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer.Deserialize(XmlReader xmlReader, String encodingStyle, XmlDeserializationEvents events)
   at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer.Deserialize(Stream stream)
   at Iros._7th.Util.Deserialize[T](Stream s) in c:\Iros\7thWrapperLib\Util.cs:line 10
   at Iros._7th.Util.Deserialize[T](String file) in c:\Iros\7thWrapperLib\Util.cs:line 14
   at Iros._7th.Workshop.fLibrary.fLibrary_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) in c:\Iros\7thWorkshop\fLibrary.cs:line 107
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnCreateControl()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
« Last Edit: 2015-04-26 16:23:34 by Covarr »

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: 2015-04-26 16:25:44 »
Bioshibby: Please do not quote the entire first post like that. It's long and makes the page difficult to read. Also please do not use the report button for assistance with using/installing mods; it is for reporting rulebreaks. If someone knows the answer to your question, they will get to it when they have time. ~Covarr

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: 2015-04-26 17:19:58 »
so after installing this mod and doing every step you have said in the video tutorial i got this error it only appeared after i activated the mods

System.InvalidOperationException: There is an error in XML document (0, 0). ---> System.Xml.XmlException: Root element is missing.
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(Exception e)
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseDocumentContent()
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Read()
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReader.Read()
   at System.Xml.XmlReader.MoveToContent()
   at Microsoft.Xml.Serialization.GeneratedAssembly.XmlSerializationReaderProfile.Read5_Profile()
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer.Deserialize(XmlReader xmlReader, String encodingStyle, XmlDeserializationEvents events)
   at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer.Deserialize(Stream stream)
   at Iros._7th.Util.Deserialize[T](Stream s) in c:\Iros\7thWrapperLib\Util.cs:line 10
   at Iros._7th.Util.Deserialize[T](String file) in c:\Iros\7thWrapperLib\Util.cs:line 14
   at Iros._7th.Workshop.fLibrary.fLibrary_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) in c:\Iros\7thWorkshop\fLibrary.cs:line 107
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnCreateControl()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

You tried activating into a folder that doesn't exist. Read over your Workshop -> Settings again and make sure the paths are all typed in correctly. Also be sure that those folders actually do exist. If you didn't use the game converter in STEP 1, then they surely won't be there.

LittleShadow

• View Profile
« Reply #441 on: 2015-04-26 19:07:29 »
I'm sorry to be a bother, but...should I be using Tifa's Final Heaven or Tifa's Bootleg if I'm just looking to play the Steam version FFVII with improved graphics and sound? I keep seeing Tifa's Bootleg suggested as the go-to choice for modding those, but it appears Tifa's Final Heaven is newer, and I'm not sure what the difference is between the two. I tried to figure out the difference myself, and did a couple searches to see if anyone else had asked this question, but I didn't find anything useful. I'm very new to pc gaming and modding things, so I'm sorry if I'm missing something obvious. Thank you for your time.

ItchyPanda

• View Profile
« Reply #442 on: 2015-04-27 00:48:37 »
I have a question: Can I mod a Yuffie model with bootleg having installed the 7th Heaven?

masterj360

« Reply #443 on: 2015-04-27 16:26:01 »
Ok there are few bugs/glitches that I should inform you guys when using mods. For starters its seems that the gameplay /Story Difficulty Mod is causing Random Enemies to appear no matter which difficulty you choose. Also the Chibi FMV replacer does not appear to work at all, b/c I'm still seeing the blocky chibi models in the movies.

So all in all I don't think Bootleg is causing any issues with 7th Heaven except the GC Backup folder created by previous patches needs to be deleted before using the Game converter or you will see a long list of errors while patching the FF7.exe.  As for the random Enemy encounter I read that another person was having the same exact issue as me in the 1st 2 pages of this post. He stated he was  using the nightmare Difficulty and was seeing the random enemy issues, while I was using Aerith's Revival Full Resize option. I did my homework and noticed they are both gameplay difficulty mods and by deactivating it The random enemies stopped. But this was already pointed out in 4 previous pages I think

I'm not sure why the Chibi FMV Replacer mod isn't working at all, I'm still seeing the low res movies instead. Everything else is working great and looks beautiful. Hopefully the 7th Heaven tool will allow LGP files to be converted into IRO archives for model customization. There are some Bootleg mods I would love to import into this tool
« Last Edit: 2015-04-27 17:25:40 by masterj360 »

ManuBBXX

• View Profile
« Reply #444 on: 2015-04-27 20:41:39 »
Little Anxious Heart question here :

I would like to have the  AH full selection, but without the music of it for battles that I don't like.
How is it possible to manually choose the Anxious Heart songs like with the stand alone Installer solution in 7H ?

Sora123masta

• View Profile
« Reply #445 on: 2015-04-27 20:47:12 »

I would like to have the  AH full selection, but without the music of it for battles that I don't like.
How is it possible to manually choose the Anxious Heart songs like with the stand alone Installer solution in 7H ?

Well, what I would do is have the wanted battle music files on a separate folder. Install the choice then copy paste the files you want as a battle song into the music folder.  Make sure you back them up in case you make a booboo.  I do this whenever I wanna use different music. 

Bioshibby

• View Profile
« Reply #446 on: 2015-04-27 22:34:24 »
I'm sorry to be a bother, but...should I be using Tifa's Final Heaven or Tifa's Bootleg if I'm just looking to play the Steam version FFVII with improved graphics and sound? I keep seeing Tifa's Bootleg suggested as the go-to choice for modding those, but it appears Tifa's Final Heaven is newer, and I'm not sure what the difference is between the two. I tried to figure out the difference myself, and did a couple searches to see if anyone else had asked this question, but I didn't find anything useful. I'm very new to pc gaming and modding things, so I'm sorry if I'm missing something obvious. Thank you for your time.

so i started the process from start using a new download of ff7 and deleting and uninstalling all past copies of it on my system however the same error comes up when trying to load 7th heaven up i cant even run the program to change any of the settings in the workshop?

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: 2015-04-28 03:11:31 »

Tifa's Bootleg will alter your game files. 7H will activate them through memory injection during gameplay, and does not alter the main files in any way. It's up to you which method you want to use.

I have a question: Can I mod a Yuffie model with bootleg having installed the 7th Heaven?

No, 7H and Bootleg will not work together. If you want to request a model, then talk about it here: http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=15902.0

I have to say though, I'm at my limits just about with how many requests and projects I've gotten from people over the last couple months. I haven't been able to keep up with it in a timely fashion, so you may have to wait until June until I can get around to it.

Ok there are few bugs/glitches that I should inform you guys when using mods. For starters its seems that the gameplay /Story Difficulty Mod is causing Random Enemies to appear no matter which difficulty you choose. Also the Chibi FMV replacer does not appear to work at all, b/c I'm still seeing the blocky chibi models in the movies.

So all in all I don't think Bootleg is causing any issues with 7th Heaven except the GC Backup folder created by previous patches needs to be deleted before using the Game converter or you will see a long list of errors while patching the FF7.exe.  As for the random Enemy encounter I read that another person was having the same exact issue as me in the 1st 2 pages of this post. He stated he was  using the nightmare Difficulty and was seeing the random enemy issues, while I was using Aerith's Revival Full Resize option. I did my homework and noticed they are both gameplay difficulty mods and by deactivating it The random enemies stopped. But this was already pointed out in 4 previous pages I think

I'm not sure why the Chibi FMV Replacer mod isn't working at all, I'm still seeing the low res movies instead. Everything else is working great and looks beautiful. Hopefully the 7th Heaven tool will allow LGP files to be converted into IRO archives for model customization. There are some Bootleg mods I would love to import into this tool

Are you trying to use 7H on a Bootleg install? The two of them don't work together.

LGP files can be used with 7H. Did you not look at the Catalog and see all the categories of models?

Well, what I would do is have the wanted battle music files on a separate folder. Install the choice then copy paste the files you want as a battle song into the music folder.  Make sure you back them up in case you make a booboo.  I do this whenever I wanna use different music. 

Sora's method will not work if you have a music mod activated in 7H. Any 7H mod that is activated will take priority over mods listed below it AND any files in your game folder. This will only work if you don't activate any 7H music mods, which means you will need to create your own custom folder of music using the Import feature to bring it into 7H OR copy the music into the music\vgmstream folder.

so i started the process from start using a new download of ff7 and deleting and uninstalling all past copies of it on my system however the same error comes up when trying to load 7th heaven up i cant even run the program to change any of the settings in the workshop?

If 7H crashes when opening, read the FAQ on how to fix that. If you had a Bootleg install previously, you need to also clean your registry using the method stated in the first question of the FAQ. Just to be clear, do not use Bootleg and 7H together. It will not work.

masterj360

« Reply #448 on: 2015-04-28 08:46:23 »
no i'm not trying to use bootleg with 7th H b/c they are 2 different tools which activate mods differently. The only thing that bootleg would conflict with 7th H is the Config patch which messes with the registry ofcourse. I was just pointing out that theres a major bug within the gameplay difficulty mods causing random enemies to appear. And I still can't get the movies I select to work. The strange part is the fact that my movie folder is empty however the game still plays its own movies as if they were there. Also for some reason the sound effects in battle seem to keep phasing down like theres not hit sound effect especially doing limit breaks. Not sure if thats normal with the sound mods or not

Sora123masta

• View Profile
« Reply #449 on: 2015-04-28 12:55:53 »
Sora's method will not work if you have a music mod activated in 7H. Any 7H mod that is activated will take priority over mods listed below it AND any files in your game folder. This will only work if you don't activate any 7H music mods, which means you will need to create your own custom folder of music using the Import feature to bring it into 7H OR copy the music into the music\vgmstream folder.

Oh darn I forgot about that. Because I don't have the Music mod activated.  xD My apologies.