Author Topic: Can't launch FF7 with 7th heaven  (Read 12516 times)

sugarsmurf

• View Profile
Can't launch FF7 with 7th heaven
« on: 2020-06-29 16:08:47 »
Hello,

My english isnt good i know, but i try, be cool with me  :)
You can correct my english to improve it if u want but it's not the more important at that moment ;)

I watched many tuto and visited several forums to learn and understand about this new mods world, but the last tuto i saw was :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9rBC7K0SYM

Useful information :
- I'm french and i try to play in french (i found a neo-midgar transcription but i can play in english if it's better, i'm open)
- I have some computer concept but i'm not especially good and not passionate, i'm far better and passionate in mathematics^^
- This message it the first i make to found help.

My FF7 history :
1- I played FF7 on psx 2 decades in the past 8)

2- I buy FF7 original cd last month but i failed to play with any mods (manual and then 7th heaven)
- I install and uninstall game with original CD several times but nothing change.
- I also try to make ISO from all CD with deamon tool but nothing works

3- So i also buy FF7 on Steam few days ago because many video used FF7 from Steam.
- I only install Steam and game once (because im boring now :( )

Note : I can play on original CD and on Steam without issues but it's impossible to play properly with some mods or launch at all with 7th heaven.  :(

Things seem to be simply with Steam + 7th heaven so let's focus on this.

What i managed to do :
1- Install and run Steam, FF7, 7th heaven
2- On 7th : paths seems to be ok (like in tuto 2'40")
3- I can dl, install and uninstall mods

The drama : Got trouble when i clic to play from 7th (like in tuto 3'09") and the same error message :

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
### Launching Final Fantasy VII ###
Checking FF7 is not running ...
Checking FF7 .exe exists at E:\Jeux\Steam\steamapps\common\FINAL FANTASY VII\FF7.exe ...
Verifying installed game is compatible ...
Verifying game is not installed in a System/Protected folder ...
Verifying game is full/max install ...
...    field\flevel.lgp not found. Scanning disc(s) for files ...
...     failed to find field\flevel.lgp on any disc ...
Your FF7 installation folder is missing critical file(s). When you installed FF7, you may have accidentally chosen to install the 'Standard Install', but the 'Maximum Install' is required.

7th Heaven can repair this for you automatically. Simply insert one of your game discs and try again.
Failed to launch FF7. View the above log for details.

PS1 : It's the same message from the tuto, but Bold script isnt, so i suppose it's tell me what is the problem. But i have no solution.
PS2 : I try to insert my disc 1 as 7th asks me but nothing changes
PS3 : I try to launch FF7 with only one mod or without any mods installed and i always have the same error message  :(
PS4 : I always choose maximum installation with original cd, and i cant choose maximum or standard (if im correct) from Steam so i dont understand why there would be some missing files :(
PS5 : I see the Step 6 in tuto : "If you're using a non-English version of the game and having trouble after clicking "Play" then use the old  Game Converter (7th Heaven Version)." But it failed to install because of "Access denied, Installation Aborted... Rune this programme with Administrator Privileges." Could this solve my problem ?

In advance, Thanks a lot  :)

LordUrQuan

• Alpha testing your worst nightmares
  • LOAD "FF2J",8,1
    • View Profile
Re: Can't launch FF7 with 7th heaven
« Reply #1 on: 2020-06-29 19:43:42 »
The current version of 7H (v2.0) is English-only.  Three options:
1. Tell Steam you want to play in English instead of French
2. Kick back with a cold beer and wait a week or two... very close to having v2.1 ready, which includes support for French
3. Find a copy of the old 7H Converter program and run that, then run 7H (Not recommended since options 1 and 2 are both easier and less invasive)

sugarsmurf

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2020-06-30 20:35:09 »
Ok thank you.
I'll play the game once in english for my summer holiday so.
And i'll play later in french.

Simple solution and double pleasure ;)

I'll try tomorrow and come back to tell you if all is good :)

A last question : is there a mod for a decent dialogues in english ? Or natural english dialogues are good enough ?

Thanks again  :)

unab0mb

• 7th Heaven Crew
    • View Profile
    • 7th Heaven Web Site
« Reply #3 on: 2020-07-01 05:15:50 »
An updated 7th Heaven is now available for testing if you want. It supports the French version.

sugarsmurf

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2020-07-01 07:22:12 »
1- I'll try to finish english version now to have something working, and i'll try french version later.

Update of my 7th heaven history :

I have dl and install several mods:
miscellaneous
animation
battle models
battle textures
field models
I run FF7 to check and everything seems ok for those mods.

But it tells me : "08:37:01|INFO|SeventhHeavenUI.ViewModels.MainWindowViewModel|Error Downloading Field Textures - Espace insuffisant sur le disque"
when i try to dl and install Field Texture mod (7,3 Go)
Temporary files "ff3eb6c3-5f61-43e0-afd2-2f32685cc6eb_Field_Textures_3,0.iro" is just 4Go.

Issue is i have 185 Go free on steam's hard drive and 40Go on SSD system drive.
Same error for Media mod (6,9Go) and same 4Go for temporary file.

Any idea why it can't finish dl heavy mods with enough space on hard drives ?

2- For the futur : how can i get 7th heaven update ? Didnt found on 7th heaven.

sugarsmurf

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2020-07-01 07:25:19 »
if needed, all the applog between 2 attempts :

08:19:23|ERROR|SeventhHeavenUI.ViewModels.MainWindowViewModel|System.IO.IOException: Espace insuffisant sur le disque.

à System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
   à System.IO.FileStream.WriteCore(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 count)
   à System.IO.FileStream.Write(Byte[] array, Int32 offset, Int32 count)
   à System.IO.Stream.<>c.<BeginWriteInternal>b__46_0(Object <p0>)
   à System.Threading.Tasks.Task`1.InnerInvoke()
   à System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Execute()
--- Fin de la trace de la pile à partir de l'emplacement précédent au niveau duquel l'exception a été levée ---
   à System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
   à System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
   à System.IO.Stream.EndWrite(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
   à System.IO.FileStream.EndWrite(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
   à System.IO.Stream.<>c.<BeginEndWriteAsync>b__53_1(Stream stream, IAsyncResult asyncResult)
   à System.Threading.Tasks.TaskFactory`1.FromAsyncTrimPromise`1.Complete(TInstance thisRef, Func`3 endMethod, IAsyncResult asyncResult, Boolean requiresSynchronization)
--- Fin de la trace de la pile à partir de l'emplacement précédent au niveau duquel l'exception a été levée ---
   à System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
   à System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
   à System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ValidateEnd(Task task)
   à _7thHeaven.Code.FileDownloadTask.<Start>d__42.MoveNext()
08:19:23|INFO|SeventhHeavenUI.ViewModels.MainWindowViewModel|Error occurred downloading/installing Field Textures - Failed Downloading Field Textures
08:19:23|ERROR|SeventhHeavenUI.ViewModels.MainWindowViewModel|System.Exception: Failed Downloading Field Textures
08:30:50|INFO|SeventhHeavenUI.ViewModels.MainWindowViewModel|Error Downloading Field Textures - Google Drive - Quota exceeded
08:30:50|ERROR|SeventhHeavenUI.ViewModels.MainWindowViewModel|System.Exception: Google Drive - Quota exceeded
08:30:50|INFO|SeventhHeavenUI.ViewModels.MainWindowViewModel|Downloading Field Textures - switching to backup url iros://Url/http$qhimm.7thheaven.rocks/Catalog 3.0/Field Textures - 3.0.iro
08:37:01|INFO|SeventhHeavenUI.ViewModels.MainWindowViewModel|Error Downloading Field Textures - Espace insuffisant sur le disque.

08:37:01|ERROR|SeventhHeavenUI.ViewModels.MainWindowViewModel|System.IO.IOException: Espace insuffisant sur le disque.

unab0mb

• 7th Heaven Crew
    • View Profile
    • 7th Heaven Web Site
« Reply #6 on: 2020-07-01 08:19:20 »
Did you take a moment to actually read the error message? If it's saying you're out of disk space, well then, you're out of disk space. The drive you're storing your mod library on is probably just low on space, but you have to consider the mods you're downloading. Media and Field are probably the biggest ones out there. I'll explain why the "download size" is not the "installed size". Most of the time mods are compressed so that they download faster/use less bandwidth. Once the mod is downloaded, let's say 10GB, it could decompress to maybe double that and in some cases when installing a mod, it is copied to your library rather than moved, requiring more space.

Your mod library is stored wherever you choose it. Remember the game does not run from Program Files. A copy is made in that situation to C:\Games\Final Fantasy VII so in many cases the mods are not stored in the same location where your Steam FF7 is located. You can move your mods to another/bigger drive if you want and point the library there. 7H>Settings>General Settings>Library.

Updates can always be found on the release thread: http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=19533.0
« Last Edit: 2020-07-01 08:31:33 by unab0mb »

sugarsmurf

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2020-07-01 09:33:44 »
Don't worry i always try to fix issue alone first.
But if you feel that i'm not trying i apologie, but it's just because im limited in computer concept :-[

I didnt know that when you download and install a file it can takes more space during than after. Thanks.
But even if it takes 10 or 20Go like you said, i have 185Go free E:\ and 36,1Go for C:\

I read the log and understand that the error is due to a lack of space. But i don't understand why (and i think i am understanding this concept^^)

I install everything on my 1To E:/ disk because my ssd C:/ for system is small (128Go). My computer was old (something like 7-8 years old, but it sadly crash last month and i change everything except computer box and hard drives).

Here are location of :
- temporay dl files : E:\Jeux\Steam\steamapps\common\FINAL FANTASY VII\mods\7th Heaven\temp
- mods .iro : E:\Jeux\Steam\steamapps\common\FINAL FANTASY VII\mods\7th Heaven

Here are Paths from 7th heaven :
- FF7.exe : E:\Jeux\Steam\steamapps\common\FINAL FANTASY VII\FF7.exe
- Movies : E:\Jeux\Steam\steamapps\common\FINAL FANTASY VII\data\movies
- Textures : E:\Jeux\Steam\steamapps\common\FINAL FANTASY VII\mods\Textures
- Library : E:\Jeux\Steam\steamapps\common\FINAL FANTASY VII\mods\7th Heaven

So i suppose everything goes on E:\ isnt it ?
And my only 2 disk have 185Go free E:\ and 36,1Go for C:\
So i suppose it's enough.

That's why i dont understand  :?

Time to work soon, next step later.

But it progress, so thx again for your time and thx for update link too.

unab0mb

• 7th Heaven Crew
    • View Profile
    • 7th Heaven Web Site
« Reply #8 on: 2020-07-01 10:17:28 »
Are you sure E:\ has 185 GB *free* or is that the total size of the drive? If that's truly how much space you have free, then I'm not sure what could trigger the OS to respond with a disk full error other than a permissions issue in some cases, but that wouldn't make sense because you've downloaded other mods fine. Is this a personal computer or one that has enterprise stuff on it like a work machine with disk quotas set?

I would suggest deleting everything under your E:\Jeux\Steam\steamapps\common\FINAL FANTASY VII\mods\7th Heaven\temp folder just in case there is some kind of file corruption issue going on (not likely, but worth a shot). Also download the latest 7H because the downloading code has largely been rewritten (but that's not likely to fix this problem either) but I'm grasping at straws here.

sugarsmurf

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2020-07-01 14:23:27 »
Yeah im sure it has 185Go free on 931Go.

Strange thing is i dl 4Go (on 7,3GB) for Field Textures mods and i also dl 4Go (on 6,9GB) for Media Mod after.
So it seems i have enough free space and corroborate my though.

Oh i remember something while i was writing... and after some research it's that.
Files size are limited to 4Go in FAT32 disk...
But why am i in FAT32...

Probleme identified...
Thanks for your help. Everything should be ok now for english version.

I'll finish this first and see for a french version later.
Thanks again  :)

unab0mb

• 7th Heaven Crew
    • View Profile
    • 7th Heaven Web Site
« Reply #10 on: 2020-07-01 14:38:38 »
Ah, good detective work. You could download the mods elsewhere such as from http://7thheaven.rocks (or just point your library to an NTFS drive and re-download with 7h) and then extract the IRO file so that it is in folder format. You can place the folder in your mod library. The individual files would not exceed the FAT32 limit. So, if you wanted to still use a FAT32 drive, you could, with that workaround. But I suspect you already converted your drive. Good to know in case someone runs into it in the future.

LordUrQuan

• LOAD "FF2J",8,1
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2020-07-01 17:51:19 »
But why am i in FAT32...
If your external drive is something like a WD Passport, I could see it being factory-formatted as FAT32 to ensure compatibility with Windows, MacOS, and Linux all in one go since NTFS is license-encumbered.

sugarsmurf

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2020-07-02 16:08:08 »
@Unab0mb
Yeah my case was a trap  8)

I change everything on my computer except hard drives so i'll buy next gen hd, it must be more efficient than my 8 years old 128Go ssd and 1To hd.
I'll probably take a 256Go ssd and 4To. It must be sufficiently enough for what i do.

I'll follow your advice and i'll try to download directly to an external and then extract. Hope i'll manage to do this extraction properly.

@LordUrQuan
its not external its internal, but my question was for me, usually i used to convert my hd into ntfs so why i let this one as fat32 instead of change to ntfs....  :?

LordUrQuan

• LOAD "FF2J",8,1
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2020-07-03 14:42:50 »
I'll probably take a 256Go ssd and 4To. It must be sufficiently enough for what i do.
If money isn't prohibitive, get at least a 512 SSD.  Windows itself will eat half that 256 :(

sugarsmurf

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2020-07-06 21:32:43 »
250 Go for a windows ?
Have win10 and its less than the half of my old 128 Go ssd.
I know that u need enough free space to make your pc powerful enough but 250 + 250 isnt too much ?

LordUrQuan

• LOAD "FF2J",8,1
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2020-07-07 00:44:35 »
Yes.  I've got a 256G in my system right now, and only about 30G free (which means all my mods live on spinning rust).  It's not just Windows itself, but all your other apps as well (Firefox and/or Chrome, Office, the \My Documents\ folder for all users, etc).

sugarsmurf

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2020-07-08 10:14:04 »
Okok.
I'll check the price difference.
Thanks again ;)

sugarsmurf

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2020-07-19 23:24:13 »
Hey i'm back !
Some news are good, some news are bad  :o

So i follow your advice and i order and install 500Go SSD for system and 2To for data.
All my disk are now NTFS so i have no problem to dl and install all mods through 7th heaven (step3 here :https://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=15520.0) and i respect the mods order.

But i had an issue when i want to play (still through 7th heaven).
I had an error message and 7th proposed to me to creat a copy of all files at C:\Games\Final Fantasy VII (previousely everything was at C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FINAL FANTASY VII.

So i accepted and 7th created copies of everything and changes automatically settings into :
For FF7 exe : C:\Games\Final Fantasy VII\FF7.exe
For Movies : C:\Games\Final Fantasy VII\data\movies
For Textures : C:\Games\Final Fantasy VII\mods\Textures
For Library : C:\Games\Final Fantasy VII\mods\7th Heaven

But it seems i still have same issue, here the log :

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
### Launching Final Fantasy VII ###
Checking FF7 .exe exists at C:\Games\Final Fantasy VII\FF7.exe ...
   file not found. Aborting ...
FF7.exe not found. You may need to configure 7H using the Settings>General Settings menu.

I looked for the FF7.exe and mine was FF7_fr.exe
So i change setting into C:\Games\Final Fantasy VII\FF7_fr.exe
and i have this error message :

Checking FF7 .exe exists at C:\Games\Final Fantasy VII\FF7_fr.exe ...
Verifying installed game is compatible ...
Verifying game is not installed in a System/Protected folder ...
Verifying game is full/max install ...
...    field\flevel.lgp not found. Scanning disc(s) for files ...
...     failed to find field\flevel.lgp on any disc ...
Your FF7 installation folder is missing critical file(s). When you installed FF7, you may have accidentally chosen to install the 'Standard Install', but the 'Maximum Install' is required.

7th Heaven can repair this for you automatically. Simply insert one of your game discs and try again.

Voilà !
Any idea ?
Thx

orichalcon

• It's a sin that somehow
  • Light is changing to shadow
    • View Profile
    • The Reunion
« Reply #18 on: 2020-07-20 02:13:59 »

A last question : is there a mod for a decent dialogues in english ? Or natural english dialogues are good enough ?

you won't be able to use this in french, but you may want to try The Reunion for your english playthrough, it includes the most extensively researched english re-translation

the reunion also has its own system (different from 7h) for installing mods though, so you can't just import a bunch of .iro files if that was your plan

the remaining information on this can be found on https://ff7.live

reunion won't work with ff7_fr.exe though, only ff7_en.exe, and that seems to be the problem in your error you just posted as well, flevel.lgp is renamed fflevel.lpg in the french version, and looks like you are installing the version of 7h without french support, because it isn't finding it

sugarsmurf

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2020-07-20 11:42:26 »
Ah yeah its for english only i forget sorry.
I'll switch to an english version and see what happened.
Playing in english isn't a problem so i hope everything will be ok.

sugarsmurf

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2020-07-20 11:51:49 »
My steam is a french version.
If i desintall my FF7 french version from steam, and then reinstall ff7 through steam by having selected english language in properties, you think it will be ok ?
Or i need to do something else ?

sugarsmurf

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2020-07-20 12:52:29 »
Ok it works.
I see that we can fullscreen through 7th nice.

I just follow https://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=15520.0 and it's perfect now  :)
But if you have anything else to improve my re-experience of FF7 don't hesitate ;)

And again, thanks to everybody for helping me   ;D ;D ;D

I also have FF8 original CD, i'll do the same.
Havent looking for mods yet, if somebody knows and have some links don't hesitate too ;)

Thanks again !

sugarsmurf

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2020-07-20 15:17:56 »
Hey,
I'm back because of command control now...

When i custom command control through the game, both keyboard and joypad are reboot when i leave.

I checked in 7th if there is something to custom controller but i found nothing to help me.

I find an input file in FF7 folder but it contains this :
G   O   I   Q   N   œ   R   S   J           L   H   M   P   K      È   Ð   Ë   Í      ß   ë   í   ó   ô   ï   ð   î   ì   ë   í   ñ           ò   ã   æ   ä   å   ì   ã   ä   å   æ       à       
And i don't understand it...

Any idea ?

Chrysalis

• ESUI Developer
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2020-07-21 02:52:13 »
if you dont like ntfs, then exfat doesnt have the 4 gig file limit. :)

unab0mb

• 7th Heaven Crew
    • View Profile
    • 7th Heaven Web Site
« Reply #24 on: 2020-07-21 07:28:36 »
7H 2.2 supports the French installed version, and has better controls management (Settings>Controls). I'd wait though because I'm probably going to release 2.2 within a couple of days. On 2.0, you can manage your controls in Settings>Game Launcher>Controls by creating a preset or importing the one you're using in game. 7H will apply your preset on game launch.