Author Topic: Something for Jari  (Read 10927 times)

spyrojyros_tail

Something for Jari
« on: 2007-08-15 12:08:36 »
Hey Jari,

Remember when I first came to the forum we had a long discussion about the twin towers, pentagon and other stuff, well I would think that you might find this interesting.

www.zeitgeistmovie.com

Anyone else who is bored and is going to watch it, you should know that if you are very religious, or take whatever the offical line on any story to heart, you probably shouldnt watch it. It is a shocking film. You have been warned. Anyway enjoy Jari   :mrgreen:

EDIT:

I should put up a warning for this post:

WARNING!
The opinions expressed in this post are opinions of a free thinking person from a free state exercising his right to free speech. You are entitled to agree or disagree here, but if you are easily offended please do not scroll down. Cheers!
« Last Edit: 2007-08-22 13:32:32 by spyrojyros_tail »

Jari

Re: Something for Jari
« Reply #1 on: 2007-08-15 12:28:30 »
:-D

I'll check it out when I'm on a faster connection... tomorrow probably.

Hades

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007-08-15 21:12:46 »
thanks for this, I enjoyed it.

Kashmir

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007-08-16 12:14:36 »
edit:
Finally got through the whole film... i must say, it started out really interesting, and then it went down as a steaming sack of sh!t as it turned into a lame conspiracy theory film with a terrible voice over.
« Last Edit: 2007-08-17 02:25:53 by Kashmir »

spyrojyros_tail

« Reply #4 on: 2007-08-18 20:53:44 »
Well Kashmir, your definitely entitled to your opinion. But i would encourage others to make their own mind up about this film. Hades your more than welcome  :wink:

Think for yourself, question authority.

Kashmir

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007-08-19 06:58:44 »
Well Kashmir, your definitely entitled to your opinion. But i would encourage others to make their own mind up about this film. Hades your more than welcome  :wink:

Think for yourself, question authority.

There's obviously nothing wrong with thinking for yourself or questioning authority, but to come to conclusions and act on something because of false claims in a film like this, can be very dangerous for everybody involved, especially in a country with such pathetic gun laws. I highly suggest that films such as this not be recommended to people who aren't going to check out the facts for themselves, especially in regards to religion & law... a lot of the information given from the film was very mis informative. If you don't believe me, then feel free to stop paying your taxes like the two actor's claimed they were doing, you will only end up getting your ass shanked in a prison cell for tax evasion. The truth about films such as these, is simply that they sell to the very people they claim to be trying to inform.
« Last Edit: 2007-08-19 07:01:16 by Kashmir »

Hades

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007-08-19 10:23:26 »
I've had few days to think about this now..

I've been an atheist for as long as I can remember now and I found part one almost liberating. I knew there had to be a rational explanation for the umpteen different religions sharing so many characteristics. Its not only that, but I feel better in myself for watching it. After all everyone has a reason to worship the sun, I can definitely get into that. Not sure about praying to it mind.. :P

I felt as though parts two and three presented slightly more than a conspiracy theory though. I couldn't find any major holes in their case, a great deal of the evidence was solid.

What worries the most is the big brother world we are drawing closer and closer to, and knowing that the little people like us have no option but to conform.

Another thing I find amazing, the North American Union? How the hell could they sneak something like that in without letting America know? That seems absurd to me.

Kashmir

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007-08-19 11:30:19 »
I've been an atheist for as long as I can remember now and I found part one almost liberating. I knew there had to be a rational explanation for the umpteen different religions sharing so many characteristics. Its not only that, but I feel better in myself for watching it. After all everyone has a reason to worship the sun, I can definitely get into that. Not sure about praying to it mind.. :P

That was the part of the film i found most interesting, but if you search around you'll find out that that part was just all pure bullshit, and if you cannot be bothered doing that and wanna save some time then check out this guys own research in response to these supposed similarities --> http://mitchblog.com/?p=6. Also that section was directed at Christianity completely neglecting other religions such as Buddhism, Zoroastrianism & Taoism... many of which do not even worship a God/Gods.

Hades

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007-08-19 15:55:31 »
hi Kashmir,

Thanks for the link I read it through.   :-D

I must apologise in advance, I was'nt quite with you in your previous post. In some areas it did'nt seem clear which part of the movie you were reffering to.
None the less I think the conclustion I have come to, after seeing the movie and talking through it with some people at work (also now reading this blog entry) is that the movie isn't to be taken as gospel. I hadn't taken it as the absolute truth and I don't think anyone truly can do. If you take any story there will always be someone arguing that something happened differently because thats the nature of the myth. Its all chinese whispers. Its just nice to have an insight into where the myth may have evolved in a certain way. For someone who has blatenty ignored all religion as bulls**t for most of their life its a valuable piece of film, I expected there to be a handful of inconsistencies in the movie and a whole bunch of contested points.

Also I'm not sure what you meant in regards to buddism, and taoism. Would you care to elaborate? I am familiar with both religions after studying Tai Chi for a while and spending time with a number of Japanese friends.

I am aware that conversations regarding issues such as this can quickly esculate into flame wars, please note that it is not my intention to provoke you in any way.
« Last Edit: 2007-08-19 15:57:10 by Hades »

Kashmir

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007-08-20 06:19:33 »
I am aware that conversations regarding issues such as this can quickly esculate into flame wars, please note that it is not my intention to provoke you in any way.

Same here. I was just trying to get people to not just believe facts given out in films outright... whether what they say is true or not i dont care, im just trying to encourage people to check out the validity of things they get told through films such as this before everyone start running around claiming one thing or another creating further division between the religious & non-religious.

Also I'm not sure what you meant in regards to buddism, and taoism. Would you care to elaborate? I am familiar with both religions after studying Tai Chi for a while and spending time with a number of Japanese friends.

The claim made by the film was that all religions really just worship the sun like pagans & are somehow part of a big plot to get us all to comply, and their given proof of this was the supposedly true similarities between all religions & equation of the crucification on the cross to something that happens with the stars. However the worship of a God is not part of all religions, and the crucification on a cross only applies to Judaism, Christianity & Islamic. They simply focused on a single event from the bible because Christianity is the dominant religion in America. I would've preferred if they went into more detail about other religions rather than focusing on western religions while ignoring eastern religions, thats all...

Hades

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2007-08-20 08:22:54 »
Ah in that case then we are in agreement on those two points then my friend.  :-D

I think I must have nodded off temporarily at the point that that claim was made.

spyrojyros_tail

« Reply #11 on: 2007-08-20 14:20:34 »
Heh, well this is turning into an interesting discussion. Psychology is a team sport (Timothy Leary)

There's obviously nothing wrong with thinking for yourself or questioning authority, (also another quote from timothy leary)
Very true, I believe it is our purpose as human beings to always question and wonder about the world and what we are doing here. I was raised a Catholic and I didnt agree with some of their teachings (some of their teachings are nice tho). This (and other things) lead me to question everything about myself and the world around me (I have been doing this for about 5 years now) with the conclusion that I know now that I am the master of my own destiny, I do not buy into the 9 - 5 life (of all people Dolly Parton had some good words to say about 9 - 5 life, yes I am quoting Dolly Parton, no she does not have an academic carrer, but she has a goddamn point, one which I share) and I believe that the world we live in where we see everyone as a different race, sex, colour, religion is completely, totally and utterly wrong. We are all the same, same blood, same brain, same bodies just with little cool and interesting differences.

I no longer believe in heaven or hell, I no longer am scared of dying, I am here for one purpose, to figure out why I am here and to enjoy life with the other amazing humans around me. Well that and hopefully show others that they have an amazing power within themselves to make anything they can imagine into reality. Seem crazy? I dont think so :) Look at Q-gears, look at the NPC reconstruction project, look at the Saints work ;p

... a lot of the information given from the film was very mis informative. If you don't believe me, then feel free to stop paying your taxes like the two actor's claimed they were doing, you will only end up getting your ass shanked in a prison cell for tax evasion. The truth about films such as these, is simply that they sell to the very people they claim to be trying to inform.

Id like for you to point out the mis-information, I was aware that loose change had mis-information in it, and if you can show me what you mean by this point I would be grateful. I am not saying that this is the "gospel truth".... heheh, that no longer means the same thing to me anymore, so ill just say truth.

However I do believe that this is a good film to even raise the question "what if?". What if we had been lied to? What if we have been told that we are not individual gods in ourselves; that can create, design and create life, but instead we believed in a false god? What if we lived in a world that is so fast paced with people trapped in this 9 - 5 mentality that we never stopped to question what we think about things? What if we lived in a world where flashy advertisements constantly distract you from what has real value, human love for each other? What if we lived in a world where the media constantly screams at you, scaring you sh*tless, desensitizing you, putting labels on everyone on this planet and playing us off one another? What if we have forgotten we all bleed the same blood, we all feel the same grief when a loved one dies, we all feel the same happiness when around groups of friends? What if we have forgotten that we are essentially all the same, but born in different parts of the world? And what if there are people behind it raking in the money while watching us all blow ourselves to pieces, while they hold the real truth all for themselves? (By the way, I have spent the last month as an insomniac, not a very nice experience :p)

Ask yourself what if, what if, what if and try and make changes in your life and lead by example. I believe that this is what we are put here to do. You may have your own idea, and thats great, but this is mine. I view life as a huge classroom with no teacher, just students and we are all sitting around wondering what to do and where we came from and where we are going. Everyone has their own idea and is valid as the next persons but to refine all the ideas we need to be in constant debate to find that out and move forward together.

If you don't believe me, then feel free to stop paying your taxes like the two actor's claimed they were doing, you will only end up getting your ass shanked in a prison cell for tax evasion. The truth about films such as these, is simply that they sell to the very people they claim to be trying to inform.

Sh*t man, I thought I was paranoid ;p Although I am open to that being a possibly, as the truth is never told, it is realised. However this film is actually a summary of documentaries that I have watched over a number of years, and the federal income law deceit are excepts taken from aaron russo's america: from freedom to fascism. Which is also a very, very interesting film. Now I havent gone through every word in his film and checked his references, but I know what makes sense to me, and I am open to information that might change my mind on this subject, so I would encourage you to try and get your hands on that film and educate me on its holes and mis-information, if they exist at all.

Or maybe you know something that I dont, another major conspiracy to play the left against the right in this world. But, the thing is, I will not fight in any war over this, I will not take any human life, I will simply live my own life in freedom and the pursuit of happiness and help others reach that ideal and a shift from a "me" mindset, to a "we" mindset. If bombs start going off, I will not play a part in getting angry and wanting to kill others, they have been getting us to do that for years (another good documentary: the fog of war). I will sit, educate myself, realize that death although very emotionally painful, is part of life and we all gotta go sometime :) and try myself to live in peace and love.

Anyway, yeah, thats my outlook on life. It may not be a good one, but I like it :) And I would rather this, than sit blissfully unaware of what is going on around me. Another great thinker who has left us is Bill Hicks, and he had this to say, and I for one am not scared or ashamed to say that I am with him on this :)

"The world is like a ride at an amusement park. And when you choose to go on it, you think it's real because that's how powerful our minds are. And the ride goes up and down and round and round. It has thrills and chills and it's very brightly coloured and it's very loud and it's fun, for a while. Some people have been on the ride for a long time, and they begin to question: Is this real, or is this just a ride? And other people have remembered, and they come back to us, they say, "Hey – don't worry, don't be afraid ever, because this is just a ride." And we … kill those people. "Shut him up. We have a lot invested in this ride. Shut him up. Look at my furrows of worry. Look at my big bank account and my family. This just has to be real." It's just a ride. But we always kill those good guys who try and tell us that, you ever notice that? And let the demons run amok. But it doesn't matter, because – it's just a ride. And we can change it anytime we want. It's only a choice. No effort, no work, no job, no savings and money. A choice, right now, between fear and love. The eyes of fear want you to put bigger locks on your doors, buy guns, close yourself off. The eyes of love instead see all of us as one. Here's what we can do to change the world, right now, to a better ride. Take all that money we spend on weapons and defenses each year and instead spend it feeding and clothing and educating the poor of the world, which it would pay for many times over, not one human being excluded, and we could explore space, together, both inner and outer, forever, in peace."

** Another Edit :)

Oh god, I havent even gone into depth in psychology, Ive been really only doing it for about 6 months, I am a greenhorn, but I think I still have a point, and you are free to prove me wrong, please do but anyway, here is my point that just entered my head. Timothy Leary said that, who controls your eyes controls your mind, and that your eyes are the windows to your mind, which is true, its very true. Think about that for a minute. Now think about television, that thing that most people watch, would you say that tv is teaching you through fear or love? Is it one sided? I think it is so I went and looked for alternative sources of information, im sorry if that seems like a goddamn crime to some idiots, but thats me, im human, thats what my human brain does. And Bill says that if we look through the eyes of love we can change the ride, all of this is pretty metaphorical, but its hard to explain something intangible and on this scale without metaphors. So my conclusion is that we have been programmed (yes programmed, you control your eyes you have let this happen to you, ive let it happen to me, but something inside told me to trust myself over the tv screen) through fear which consequently means well look at the world through eyes of fear. Now in the same breath I am not saying that we should get all lovey dovey and understanding about everything, hell no, I would hate that world! But do you agree with me that there is far too much fear in the world, and that this fear is unproportional to the actual reality that we live in? (i.e.Peanut terror threat)

Many people would think, well this is just someone who has taken alot of drugs and we should not listen to him, also he questions things and is not very politically correct. Screw those people, his words have meaning, his life had value, he has inspired me. And no, he wasnt any divine being, he was human, and he was right. We are right, the power is yours (Captain Planet), and the power is ours. The sooner we realise that we have every avaiable resource needed to change the entire world for the better, the better!! Oh and one last point, have you ever realized that we live on a little marble of a planet? Its a beautiful place and awe inspiring, however if we keep f*cking each other and going forth and multiplying were gonna fill up this little rock and we will soon have to ship out. Ever think about that? And who would you rather be in a spaceship with? People who loved one another, or people who only see each others differences?

Heh, aaaaaaaaaanyway, I enjoyed this film, I like it. Any more comments are welcome  :mrgreen: (im dying to hear Jari's opinion on this :p)

Oh and watch Battlestar Galactica if you havent already (*plants seeds*)

EDIT:

Oh this just in, do not listen to the devil boy on the forum named spyrojyros_tail (something I found when I was googling: http://fellowshipinhislove.com/index16.html)

"What about you? Will you continue to believe the lies about everything being relative,- one religion as good as another? Will you continue to scoff at God and His laws? Will you continue to do your own thing? If you do, you will be at the great white throne, and after your judgement, you will be cast into the lake of fire. You will be there forever! Repent now while you can."

Ill see you in the pit of fire, ([rant]and if your viewing me from heaven, get me the hell out of there!! What are you doing just looking at me, heeeeelp!! Im in a lake of goddamn FIRE!!! Please, im sorry, ill be good and shut my mouth, forgive me you mother**ucker, what kind of sadist god are you, holy s*hitballs! dont let me stay in here forever and ever and ever, your god goddamn it, come and save me saviour, do the goddamn adama maneuver and get me out of here!!! - people who havent watched all of battlestar galactica, forget i said that word, you will find out in time if you watch it, so dont spoil it for yourself!! :) You will know what I mean when you watch the entire show[/rant]) because I will question any god who questions my "own thing", my own thing being living in peace and happiness on this earth.

I dont believe that gay people go straight to hell, i believe if they are two consenting adults, there is no problem just dont be touching each other right in front of me, I would feel a bit weird, sorry about that, its just me, im human, forgive me :) Anyway, isnt this gods law, and if I scoff at it, im going to hell? Well screw you god, you are wrong!.

[rant] Anyway someone bring marshmallows!!! Whoo! Anyone for scalding hot water being poured on their balls?! Whoo!! thats what hell is like isnt it? Wait, what do  you mean no one has come back from the dead and told us? Seriously?![/rant]

So in fact we dont know what happens? Hmm, does this pit of fire really exist? Where do you go after you die? Well dont look at me for an answer, were all in this classroom together.

Peace, love, understanding, isnt this what "god" wants? But here I read that I cant continue to do my own thing... no wonder the world is confused.

** Final edit

Ive been writing this for hours, but ill finally end on this point, and hopefully ill be able to get to sleep more easily at night. What President Kenndy said (and the quotes of past presidents) should be taken into account. We owe it to ourselves to look into this, even if it is conspiracy bullcrap, but one of the nicer presidents did actually say it, those are his words. He took a stand and has inspired me to take a stand, I for one dont care if I die from some "illness" because of it or a bullet to the head, although ill admit to you and everyone that reads this, that I am slightly scared, thats why I hide behind this screen name. I am scared that people will kill me because I think for myself, and encourage others to do so. Why do I live in a fear like that? Am I just paranoid or is there something else im feeling here? I see connections that may not even exist, but my brain has done me well so far, and thats why we need debate on this, so that we can keep this classroom along certain lines, but if I cant talk to my brothers and sisters around the world because it seems like someone is always watching well screw that, I dont want to live in that world, ill go the same way as others before me but these goddamn words will hopefully help others in the future to understand themselves. I decided a long time ago that even if this world drove me insane I would accept it, because my brain would not let go of a certain issue that bugged me, I asked myself why do you even think about all these things, give yourself a break man! your gonna go nuts. But now I believe I have found that issue. We are the empowered ones, not the government or the religious institutions, we know what is right and wrong, not these people who have given us rules how to live our lives, while they break the very rules they have set.

Or maybe im wrong...  :-D
But this is how I see the world, and I for one am going to use my brain for what I perceive as the good, which is the education of the masses and the understanding that we are all the same and magnificent creatures. Ever move your hand about and be amazed at how you can do it? Its all you baby! And thats only the beginning of your power, true divinity lies within. 

Phew, heheh, im going home to have a little smoke, play computer games and enjoy my life. And then ill probably google some things I dont agree with, just because I like to do it, and I can do it.

Shell to sea
US Troops out of Shannon

Stop exporting your US bullcrap to my little island, its mine I love it, leave it the f*ck alone!!! The revolution is.... now? :p

In peace and love,
spyrojyros_Tail
« Last Edit: 2007-08-20 17:01:10 by spyrojyros_tail »

Jari

« Reply #12 on: 2007-08-20 17:13:57 »
Heh, aaaaaaaaaanyway, I enjoyed this film, I like it. Any more comments are welcome  :mrgreen: (im dying to hear Jari's opinion on this :p)

You'll have to wait bit longer, my connection at home is merely 236Kbit/s (no, that's not a typo, EDGE really is 236 instead of 256) and Bioshock demo download takes priority at the moment. I'll probably have to search for a torrent anyway, can't really stream anything with this connection.

I am predisposed against massive conspiracy theories however, they just don't stand up to Occam's Razor very well, not to mention that more massive your conspiracy gets, less likely it is to remain as a secret.

After viewing the first... maybe 30 seconds or so of the Zeitgeist, I get the uncanny feeling that Juhan af Grann (Google... although you'll probably wish that you hadn't...) is behind this. And that is a bad, bad thing. :P It certainly uses the same cheap tricks to try and impress you - MTV editing and dramatic imagery - trademarks of the af Grann "documentaries", making it seem more like exercise in brainwashing than a documentary of any kind.

If I was really paranoid, I'd speculate that Loose Change and this (although I am assuming in regard to this movie and I didn't actually finish Loose Change either, the blatant lies and omissions got bit too much to bear) are actually work of these massive conspiracies, aimed to discredit anyone who suspects that such conspiracies might really exist. After all, there are very few more effective ways to get people to dismiss your views as bullshit than trying to back up your own arguments with lies and half truths. Then again, from time to time I toy with the idea that Phelps-clan is actually a plant by pro-gay rights groups, to discredit all fundamentalists as raging lunatics. :P

...well not really, but it's an amusing thought. :)

squeeble

• GOOGLE GODDAMIT!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2007-08-20 22:07:37 »
1. How big is the Bioshock demo

2. When you finish downloading tell me what it's like lol.

Jari

« Reply #14 on: 2007-08-20 22:34:39 »
"Only" 1.8GB, and I'm not downloading it anymore since the torrent kinda... well, just stopped for me. Direct download is not yet available.

I dunno if I need to tell you anything, you can just read what Metacritic has to say about Bioshock. I was downloading it mostly to see how well it runs on my system, I'm going to get the game in any case (unless the performance is truly horribly). Maybe Irrational (no, I'm not going to call it 2K Boston / 2K Australia) will finally have their blockbuster. They certainly deserve it.

Kashmir

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2007-08-21 04:24:47 »
I wish i could run bioshock :P

@spyrojyros_tail
I didnt mean to quote timothy leary, have never even heard of him.

As for your post, its too freaking big... as for mis-information, i was referring to the stuff already discussed with hades about part 1 of the film. Click the link that was already posted. But for some humor in reference to the other 2 parts of the film, theres always maddox's opinion on that ~ http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=911_morons
http://www.loosechangeguide.com/LooseChangeGuide.html
« Last Edit: 2007-08-21 04:27:16 by Kashmir »

spyrojyros_tail

« Reply #16 on: 2007-08-22 13:29:31 »

It certainly uses the same cheap tricks to try and impress you - MTV editing and dramatic imagery - trademarks of the af Grann "documentaries", making it seem more like exercise in brainwashing than a documentary of any kind.

I totally agree with you, (i dont know who your talking about, but i agree with your point, i should read up on him, and will do when i get time :) ) ever watch Brasseye? If you havent start watching it on youtube. Oh and it does have "sick" humor so you have been warned. Its very hard to watch at the start and some people believed that it was the news when it came out. You can definitly see that the "genuine" people (people who are shown as genuine through the normal media outlets) are shown to be absolute idiots that do not engage their brain while reading the teleprompter. (Richard Blackwood, an MTV presenter was shown up brilliantly in this: do not click the link if you are easily offended, again you have been warned click here to watch) I think that has serious implications for the world, and it was a good lesson to show us. Dont trust what you see on tv, or even on the internet. So who do you believe?

I say believe who you want to believe. I believe that brasseye has shown us that these presenters who are presented to us as cool, or intelligent are actually idiots told what to do, and they are not free thinkers.

Brasseye, if you watch it carefully enough also ultilises these impressive editing and imagery techniques. I tend to believe that they are doing that to show us how easy your mind can be mislead into thinking certain ways. However the ludicrousness of it all gets you to realise that it is just a comedy. But on the other hand, in todays reality we have news shows exploiting fear, flashy images and all of the above in furthering their agenda. The reporting on "terror" is disproportional to the actual threat, or maybe they will just bomb the sh*t out of us again and hype it up all over again.

Or maybe im wrong, your free to point as many holes in this, as long as were trying to look for the truth of the matter. 

If I was really paranoid, I'd speculate that Loose Change and this (although I am assuming in regard to this movie and I didn't actually finish Loose Change either, the blatant lies and omissions got bit too much to bear) are actually work of these massive conspiracies, aimed to discredit anyone who suspects that such conspiracies might really exist. After all, there are very few more effective ways to get people to dismiss your views as bullsh*t than trying to back up your own arguments with lies and half truths. Then again, from time to time I toy with the idea that Phelps-clan is actually a plant by pro-gay rights groups, to discredit all fundamentalists as raging lunatics. :P

...well not really, but it's an amusing thought. :)

Again I agree with you, although I dont know all the inaccuracies in the film I felt let down by the filmmakers (although they were meant to release an update version of it wernt they?). But at the same time, we are all biased and we have to realise that also. Only through openness and a realisation of your own ignorance can you actually find the truth in the matter. Can we say that loose change fudged some of the facts, well i cant say because I havent looked into it, but did loose change have some solid evidence that needs to be analyzed independently? I think so.

As for "blatant lies and omissions" why did the 9/11 commission report not mention the falling of wtc7? Why have we not asked the same questions as we are asking of these filmmakers, to the government? If the government has nothing to hide. they should show us the answers! However in todays society, that requirement is asked more of the people under the government. "Why dont you want an RFID chip on your passport? If you have nothing to hide, and your not a terrorist you shouldnt complain". My question to the American government is this:

"Why dont you want an independent investigation to what happened on 9/11? If you have nothing to hide, and your not a terrorist you shouldnt complain"

Release the tapes ~(we have talked about the tape that the government released Jari, and we both agreed that you cant make out sh*t, is this the government being open and honest? Why don't they release the other tapes, or wait, maybe I should just shut my mouth)

I know some people will disagree with what im saying, and thats great, if you do get your point across here and we can talk about it. Remember that thing we used to stop wars and understand? Words? They are still useful. Anyway, I have my point, and I also live in a free country that allows freedom of speech, so im exercising my right. You can also exercise your right, but you also have the right to remain silent, look at what were talking about and then make your own point, and make up your own mind.

@spyrojyros_tail
I didnt mean to quote timothy leary, have never even heard of him.

As for your post, its too freaking big... as for mis-information, i was referring to the stuff already discussed with hades about part 1 of the film. Click the link that was already posted. But for some humor in reference to the other 2 parts of the film, theres always maddox's opinion on that ~ http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=911_morons
http://www.loosechangeguide.com/LooseChangeGuide.html

Sorry, I quoted timothy leary, then you repeated what I had said, I just wanted to give him credit for the words that I was writing, sorry about the mix up. Anyway yeah i know my post is long and boring, sorry about that, but i badly needed to vent. Still not getting to sleep tho, heh.

Thanks for clearing the mis-information point up, I scanned that link and then emailed the authors of the film to make them aware of it. If they act on it is another question altogether.

I love maddox, and I have read that, havent read the loose change thing. But I do believe maddox is wrong, even though the title of his page states that

"This page is about me and why everything I like is great. If you disagree with anything you find on this page, you are wrong."

And he is right.

Wait thats contradictory, um. He has the right to post whatever the h*ll he wants on that page, no one can tell him that he is wrong because he made that page himself and can basically tell you to f*ck off. Now this page that im writing on is not mine, its qhimms. Thats why im not cursing because I know that the owner of this site does not want that, and im using his page for this so I know what I can and cant do.

But I also have the right to make up my own goddamn mind, and figure things out for myself. I followed and agreed alot with what maddox wrote, but not everything. His article on conspiracy theories is funny, but im going to take it as just that. Hes a legend tho, the first time I seen him grading kids artwork I nearly brought tears to my eyes it was so funny. Harsh, but I laughed for ages.

Another bit of humor on this is this other page by maddox.
« Last Edit: 2007-08-22 13:46:08 by spyrojyros_tail »

spyrojyros_tail

« Reply #17 on: 2007-08-24 10:22:35 »
Heh, wow. I sound so goddamn preachy.  :-)

Sorry about that, heh.

Kashmir

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2007-08-25 10:29:29 »
Quote from: Kashmir
I wish i could run bioshock

It turns out i can run it, and run it pretty well... ive played about 10 hours of it now & its freaking awesome.

Jari

« Reply #19 on: 2007-08-25 13:45:22 »
Yeah, it's made of win and awesome. :-D

Only hour or two for me, so far. And yeah, it's surprisingly lightweight to run, my 3600+ X2 @ 2650 with 1950GT runs it just fine with maximum details if I limit the resolution to 1024x786. 1600x1200 makes the mouse very sluggish.

Anyway, I did watch Zeitgeist, now it's just a matter of putting my thoughts into words. Although I can say right away that if someone threw away about 80 to 90% of the film, it would be much better.

spyrojyros_tail

« Reply #20 on: 2007-08-28 12:49:42 »
Hmmm,

I had a look at that af Grann fellow, I had a liitle giggle at it too. I dont really buy his explanation either, its seems like everyone on the internet has their own agendas, hoping to put an idea out there that will hopefully catch on. I tell you one thing tho, if i see a goddamn spaceship ill trust my instincts and run the f*ck away. Talk about shooting fish in a barrell!

"I AM THE OUTSRETCHED, BENEVOLENT HAND OF J.A.G. TAKE IT WITHOUT FEAR AND ENTER J.A.G'S WORLD. TOGETHER WE WILL CREATE THE GALACTIC CONNECTION!!"

Right, and ignore the fact that I am a male human being, with innate instincts designed to protect myself from scary unknown things. Wake up, we cannot live without fear, its a survival instinct, if we were more intouch with what is inherently human, then we might build our own spaceship and explore space, thats what we are isnt it? Ah well, what do I know?  :roll:

spyrojyros_Tail

« Reply #21 on: 2007-12-01 19:39:11 »
Sorry for resurrecting this topic but I want to finish it,

Right, and ignore the fact that I am a male human being, with innate instincts designed to protect myself from scary unknown things. Wake up, we cannot live without fear, its a survival instinct

I think im wrong here, do we really need to fear? I dont think so, as bill hicks says it so brilliantly

"hey - don't worry, don't be afraid, ever, because, this is just a ride... "

Thats it, ive finished ranting now ;p
« Last Edit: 2007-12-03 15:37:44 by spyrojyros_Tail »