Author Topic: Help! Can't Get Jenova Save Editor to work.  (Read 15378 times)

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
Re: Help! Can't Get Jenova Save Editor to work.
« Reply #25 on: 2009-08-14 16:12:07 »
I'm positive my computer account is an admin (not THE administrator), and I haven't had to run any programs as administrator.  They work just fine if I run them normally, so that makes me wonder what it is I've done to my computer to make it run correctly that others haven't done...

I have a feeling that Vista's permissions stuff works rather randomly; I certainly seen plenty of cases where one person has given advice to another on how to disable the UAC that hasn't worked at all on the second person's computer. Is it true that 7's UAC is as bad as Vista's? (or worse, as I've read somewhere) If so, it shocks me that Microsoft have done nothing about what seems to be the most hated feature of Vista.

BTW, 1000 posts! w00tzers!

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2009-08-14 17:10:49 »
I installed Win 7, and as soon as I ran my first program on it the UAC popped up.  Under it was a small link that said "set UAC controls" or something to that extent.  I clicked it and lowered the bar all the way to "Never Notify" and haven't had a single problem since.

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2009-08-14 17:11:37 »
Edit:
I'm an idiot  :-(

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2009-08-14 17:12:59 »
I installed Win 7, and as soon as I ran my first program on it the UAC popped up.  Under it was a small link that said "set UAC controls" or something to that extent.  I clicked it and lowered the bar all the way to "Never Notify" and haven't had a single problem since.

Ah, sounds like it's not as bad as Vista. That's good news! :wink:

Edit:
I'm an idiot  :-(

This is less encouraging :|

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2009-08-14 17:15:43 »
Yeah I went to edit my post to include your quote, and accidentally replied instead of editing [/facepalm]