Author Topic: [FFVIII-PCSteam] Hit Count abilities? <Solved>  (Read 2532 times)

Hazedge

• View Profile
[FFVIII-PCSteam] Hit Count abilities? <Solved>
« on: 2018-08-05 15:53:44 »
I saw on Doomtrain Mod that I could change the Hit Count on magics, limit breaks and abilities. To see how it works, I changed the Hit Count on Fated Circle to 3 but in-game it changed nothing. Are there some limitations or I missed something to make it work?
« Last Edit: 2018-08-23 03:54:39 by Hazedge »

Leythalknight

• View Profile
Re: [FFVIII-PCSteam] Hit Count abilities?
« Reply #1 on: 2018-08-05 19:28:10 »
This is just a guess, but what makes an attack hit multiple times may be tied to its animation data. It makes sense, as Lion Heart, Wishing Star, etc. add extra hits at certain moments in their animations, rather than dumping every hit at the end or something. If that's the case, I wonder what is the point of the Hit Count info in the file. I could be wrong, though.

Zervox

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2018-08-07 01:59:16 »
considering how old the game is, I wouldnt be surprised if the hit count is for it to be known beforehand for every single hit event found in the animation data, it will then look for that exact amount of 'hit' animation events in the animation file, instead of checking for hit events while it is running the animation.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2018-08-07 02:17:55 »
That's extremely likely and how it's done with KotR in FF7 and 4x cut.

It will be calculated in full the second you press to activate the move.

Hazedge

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2018-08-23 03:54:30 »
This is just a guess, but what makes an attack hit multiple times may be tied to its animation data. It makes sense, as Lion Heart, Wishing Star, etc. add extra hits at certain moments in their animations, rather than dumping every hit at the end or something. If that's the case, I wonder what is the point of the Hit Count info in the file. I could be wrong, though.
Its just like you said, its bound to the animation data. I ran some tests and it proved that way.