Author Topic: Using 7th Heaven with spotty internet  (Read 2171 times)

sedef122003

• View Profile
Using 7th Heaven with spotty internet
« on: 2018-03-21 17:35:43 »
My internet connection is a little...patchy at the moment and keeps cutting in and out, while that is fine for every other program I use to download things that is not the case with 7th Heaven. Any time my internet cuts out during the process of downloading a mod then it will just stop and so need to start again and there seems to be no way around this.

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
Re: Using 7th Heaven with spotty internet
« Reply #1 on: 2018-03-22 01:02:13 »
When internet reconnects, try right clicking the mod in the download window and selecting cancel. It's supposed to restart and continue where it left off. It's not worked for everyone in the past though.

sedef122003

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2018-03-22 13:01:39 »
No, not working sadly, it just starts from the beginning again.

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #3 on: 2018-03-22 23:57:21 »
The bar won't start from where it left off. Check the speed of the bar when it starts. If it increases really fast, then it's just doing a file check from what was previously downloaded and start downloading where it left off. At this point, the bar will slow down and attempt to continue where it left off.

I'm trying to make downloads outside of 7H work, but file names can't be changed to have compatibility and load order features to work for them after importing into 7H.

sedef122003

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2018-03-24 19:16:34 »
 It literally starts from the beginning, no checking of anything, no obvious quicker pace of the bar to get back to where it was, it simply starts again.