Author Topic: [FF7PC-98] Project Blackfan (V0.35)  (Read 100921 times)

Reonista

Re: [BIG Update coming on Monday+Screens] Field Upscale Project
« Reply #25 on: 2011-03-28 11:57:44 »
Very beautiful work, thank you so much for sharing  :)

I have a small (dumb?) question, though.
When I place the files in my modpath, do I need to extract all pics from their folders?

For instance, right now all the files are in their folders (Field/"folders") placed directly into my modpath (mods/avalanche/).
Should I extract all the pics from their folders and just place them all within the Field folder?

Sorry for having my 1st post here filled with questions, hehe  :)

yarLson

• spr nrd
    • View Profile
Re: [BIG Update coming on Monday+Screens] Field Upscale Project
« Reply #26 on: 2011-03-28 17:37:57 »
Questions are always welcome. You don't want to remove the files from their folders or they won't work just leave the folder structure exactly as is. Also in about an hour or two I'll be posting a huge update so stay posted today.

yarLson

• spr nrd
    • View Profile
Re: [V0.35 Released] Field Upscale Project
« Reply #27 on: 2011-03-28 18:08:29 »
Version 0.35 out now! 215 backgrounds are completed in this release.

Kranmer

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2011-03-28 18:11:40 »
Thanks, i am DLing now (its a shame its a torrent though), i will try and seed for a few hours though and again tomorrow.
Also have you given any thought about making a installer when you get to the final version ?

yarLson

• spr nrd
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2011-03-28 18:15:44 »
Well I don't really have the know how to make an installer but I fully support the idea if anyone would like to help me. Sorry about the torrent, I actually uploaded the whole thing to badongo last night but when i woke up it just wasn't there so I decided to go torrent for now until I buy more space. Thanks for the help seeding  :mrgreen:

Kyo13

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2011-03-28 18:37:36 »
Thanks yarLson !

I'm downloading it right now (will help for seed too). I've seen your screens, and I think it's pretty much like Sl1982 is doing. Maybe an installer will be a great idea ... combining sl1982's fields and yours maybe ?!

Anyway, PNG format is great for me ^^

yarLson

• spr nrd
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2011-03-28 18:45:38 »
As far as me and sl1982 go, we are using the same resize tool and originally we were going to do this project together, but we ended up using slightly different post processing methods to clean up the images further and so we decided, for the sake of continuity, that we would keep the projects seperate.

Since that decision I have changed my post processing technique to be a little more similar to his but honestly the difference is still noticeable, mostly because he is adding grain where I am reducing noise. However we decided to start at opposite ends of the game, to encourage the end user to combine our projects together to get a finished product faster. However where I am sitting now, I think I am just going to finish the entire game using my method. That's not to say that sl1982 hasn't been a tremendous help with troubleshooting and helping me get started.
« Last Edit: 2011-03-28 18:48:41 by yarLson »

Kranmer

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2011-03-28 18:55:53 »
hey yarLson, i have made this quick installer
http://www.mediafire.com/?rg3t372ie414s4a
this installer will automatically install a folder called "FIELD" which is in the same folder as the "setup.EXE" (when i get the files i could make it all in 1 EXE but since i am still downloading i thought i would do it this way) to your FF7\mods\avalanche\field folder (which it should autodetect the correct path but it can be changed if needed).
And if you want it customized more it can be this, but is only a quick installer so its very plain.

Also when i get it would you mind if a made a mirror on megaupload ? (you can upload upto 1GB on megaupload so it should be possible to jsut split it into 2 parts and upload there)
« Last Edit: 2011-03-28 18:58:19 by kranmer »

yarLson

• spr nrd
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2011-03-28 18:58:50 »
that would be great if you could mirror it. Thanks for the installer as well! If you can make another one once you get everything that'd be even better! Thanks.

FeliX Leonhart

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2011-03-28 19:38:40 »
Looks great :) Patiently waiting for the completion... ^^

yarLson

• spr nrd
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2011-03-28 19:47:20 »
if we can just get like 3 or 4 seeders going the download speeds will improve drastically

Reonista

« Reply #36 on: 2011-03-28 20:28:33 »
Thanks for clarifying  :)

I'll download it now and then I'll seed for a while.

Once again, thank you very much for sharing this awesome work!

moothead

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2011-03-28 21:26:46 »
Mine's pretty much grind to a halt; 5kb/s. I'll guess i'll wait until tomorrow when hopefully somebody has uploaded a mirror *Hint hint  :mrgreen:*.

In all seriousness though, great job. I've scrolled through the images you had up before and it looked incredible. This is what I've been waiting for the most, I know it isn't completed but the amount of work you've put in and the 215 backgrounds you've done thus far is something I must thank you for.

I look forward to future releases  :).

Cazador

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2011-03-28 21:29:08 »
I will Seed once it finishes downloading. I'll dedicate a day or two to seeding. Great work!  ;D

yarLson

• spr nrd
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2011-03-28 21:31:12 »
I'm sorry I really didn't expect such a quick response 20 people are trying to download already and I'm the only seeder. I guess some people really just don't understand how torrents are supposed to work. Please if you read this and you are downloading JUST WAIT unless you plan on seeding. If it would only allow me to choose which peers I could send it to specifically I could get it to the ones who promised to seed first but my client can't do that. If this keeps up I may just erase the torrent and try to upload elsewhere. I'm sorry everyone this is my fault for not seeing this coming.

*edit* actually this has already gotten out of hand. I am calling up a friend to help me out. I don't have any money on my bank card so I need to use his to buy more space and I'll just pay him with cash. I'm gonna cut the torrent temporarily once everything goes through and i'll upload to google docs and repost later this evening. Again my sincerest apologies. I like torrents because they are free un-throttled downloads but since some people don't know how to be patient we'll have to do this another way.

*edit2*
uploading to Google right now!
« Last Edit: 2011-03-28 22:00:18 by yarLson »

Kranmer

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2011-03-28 22:11:39 »
ok so should we abadon the torrent now then ? i am already at 80% and uploading at 210kb/s.

yarLson

• spr nrd
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2011-03-28 22:23:05 »
no hang on to it I am going to start seeding again once I finish the Google upload. Sorry Kranmer I didn't mean to screw you like that.
« Last Edit: 2011-03-28 22:25:23 by yarLson »

Kranmer

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2011-03-28 22:35:08 »
nah its fine, it gives the others a chance to catch up since i seemed to have the highest %, that should also help increase people's speed upto 80% that i am at (so hopefully people wont complain about the speed for awhile)

yarLson

• spr nrd
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2011-03-29 01:33:03 »
well I feel like a complete idiot right now. After waiting four hours to upload Google tells me the files is too big. After looking into this I guess it is because it can take up to 24 hours for Google to verify the purchase of new online storage or some BS. Anyway I am terribly sorry for wasting so much time. Don't know why it couldn't tell me the file is too big before uploading but whatever, I am already seeding the torrent again and will repost it once I get a few seeders behind it. Thanks for the patience and I'm really sorry about my screw ups  :o

Timber

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2011-03-29 01:34:41 »
Just use MegaUpload.com, I use it to host all the time, files can be up to 1GB

yarLson

• spr nrd
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2011-03-29 01:44:42 »
well I've got a bunch of people sitting on 80 percent so I should be able to get some seeders relatively soon and then it will suffice until tomorrow. I'll leave the torrent active for as long as possible though because for people with lots of download bandwidth to spare this can sometimes be the best option unless they have a paid account on all the major DL sites  :-P

also I will be seeding all night and all day tomorrow until I have to upload to Google again
« Last Edit: 2011-03-29 01:50:00 by yarLson »

Timber

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2011-03-29 01:59:32 »
So... can I have the torrent then? :)
You don't need a paid megaupload account, like kranmer said you can just split it into 2 files.

yarLson

• spr nrd
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2011-03-29 02:33:36 »
WE HAVE SEEDERS! Thank you so much for your patience everyone. Please seed as long as possible  :mrgreen:

Kyo13

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2011-03-29 06:16:31 »
yarLson one thing : Thanks !

Just don't worry ... you are sharing your works with us ... we can wait one or two more days ! Well now Torrent is complete for many users (me too). I'll seed to thanks you ...

Just take your time, like Krammer & Timber saids, you only have to compress yours PNG onto 2 RAR parts (less than 1Gb by part) to upload them on Megaupload (without prenium account) or an other website like that. Anyway now the torrent is active and everybody can have it by the moment.

Jaadoo

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2011-03-29 10:43:30 »
Somehow I can't download it. I just don't get a connection with the tracker. Is it down, or does the problem lay on my end?

EDIT: fixed by using utorrent.
« Last Edit: 2011-03-29 22:51:04 by Jaadoo »