Author Topic: [FF7PC-98] FeliX Leonhart + magochocobo Battle Scenes(lgp converted)(2011-06-29)  (Read 49176 times)

philman

• View Profile
Hello Qhimm users!

Well with a bit of patience i was able to turn Felix Leonhart and magochocobo battle scenes to work in Aali's Custom Graphics 0.7.8 (i think can work with down versions too!)

To install,just decompile battle.lgp using lgp tools or highwind,and put all files what is in the folder inside the rar for Felix Leonhart battle scenes inside the folder of your battle.lgp files,recompile put again in data/battle and enjoy.

for magochocobo battle scenes i splitted the scenes (da chao,ancient city,nibelheim mansion,etc.) in folders so you need go inside each folder in the rar and put in the battle.lgp files

To recompile is better use lgp unlgp program (recompiled in 10-15 minutes with battle scenes)

Felix Leonhart Battle Scenes

magochocobo Battle Scenes

I'm having problems to upload screenshots so i just have these.

PS: Make backup of Nibelheim Mansion before put in the files of battle.lgp,this scene have a texture problem sometimes.

Thanks:kela51 for upload these screenshots for me,Roxas for your support and of course Felix Leonhart and magochocobo for the good work on Battle Scene Enhacement.
« Last Edit: 2014-07-19 18:20:29 by Covarr »

Template

• Life is a series of cats.
    • View Profile
thanks for posting this, i tried this and it does indeed load a lot faster for my old p4.

Jaki

• View Profile
« Last Edit: 2014-06-19 13:29:43 by Jaki »

Template

• View Profile
Im using aali .9b and this works fine so far with it but I haven't tested all the battle scenes obviously

Jaki

• View Profile
« Last Edit: 2014-06-19 13:29:26 by Jaki »

Template

• View Profile
Thx for the info sir  ;D. I'm going to use it now.

After extract, can i remove png texture on Mods folder to save diskspace or keep it?

I removed them to save space and worked fine. But be careful not to remove other things like worldmap stuff too!

philman

• View Profile
Well,Aali have updated graphics driver,it works good for me,if you guys have updated your graphics driver and are interested in use this mod to have a good load speed in battle scenes here the process.

go to your modpath and move battle folder to a separated folder in your pc,after go to cache folder and rename battle folder to battle (cache),now move to the same folder of battle with scene enhacement png's,and enjoy.  8)
« Last Edit: 2011-06-19 05:48:24 by philman »

Jaki

• View Profile
« Last Edit: 2014-06-19 13:28:18 by Jaki »

philman

• View Profile
Why we need PNG texture on battle while converted it to LGP, i'm removed it and now do i copy it again?
No,now graphics driver is updated,the battle scenes will be loaded of png's in modpath,the process is telling to move or remove the png's and cache of your modpath,with that the mod will work on the new version of graphics driver.
« Last Edit: 2011-06-19 05:55:01 by philman »

vAddicatedGamer

• Dumb dumb
    • View Profile
Well,Aali have updated graphics driver,it works good for me,if you guys have updated your graphics driver and are interested in use this mod to have a good load speed in battle scenes here the process.

go to your modpath and move battle folder to a separated folder in your pc,after go to cache folder and rename battle folder to battle (cache),now move to the same folder of battle with scene enhacement png's,and enjoy.  8)

Sorry for bumping up this thread. But essentially what you are saying here is just to move the folders containing the png elsewhere as backup?

So theoretically speaking, I don't have to download the original png files, amirite?

philman

• View Profile
If you don't download the battle scenes in png (for both FeliX Leonhart and magochocobo)you don't need worry about this,the mod will work perfectly.

If you download and installed,you need make the move process for this mod work.

vAddicatedGamer

• Dumb dumb
    • View Profile
If you don't download the battle scenes in png (for both FeliX Leonhart and magochocobo)you don't need worry about this,the mod will work perfectly.

If you download and installed,you need make the move process for this mod work.

Ok thanks. Makes sense, since otherwise the png files will be loaded first, hence defeating the purpose of having modified the .lgp files.

By the way, how do you convert the .png to files that can be used with .lgp? 

philman

• View Profile
this need a tutorial because can be huge.(i will prepare and post here later)

The new graphics driver works great for me so i think don't make sense continue converting .png to work in battle.lgp when battle scenes be continued.That's why i will prepare a tutorial for users later,just give me some time.

vAddicatedGamer

• Dumb dumb
    • View Profile
this need a tutorial because can be huge.(i will prepare and post here later)

The new graphics driver works great for me so i think don't make sense continue converting .png to work in battle.lgp when battle scenes be continued.That's why i will prepare a tutorial for users later,just give me some time.

Cool. So you mean you don't experience slowdown with .png with the latest Aali's custom driver?

philman

• View Profile
In the new Aali's Custom Graphics Driver i haven't see much difference in load time for battle scenes (both png and lgp) and for the moment i thought this was a loss of time and a loss of HD too.(i am almost sure,people what install this will have a battle.lgp with almost 700 mb or 1 gb of memory.)

Template

• View Profile
yep, i would no longer recommend this
not sure why but acts differently with .11

vAddicatedGamer

• Dumb dumb
    • View Profile
yep, i would no longer recommend this
not sure why but acts differently with .11

Oh, how so? Mind explaining?

Template

• View Profile
Well, I can't say I'm sure at all of what's causing what, but I have some stuff going on now with my current play through that has sorta just manifested itself recently. One of the things I've experienced is decreased load times with these updated battle backgrounds. I'm going to do a rebuild.

If nothing else, I recently unpacked my battle.lgp to install the new gloriously simple Vincent Shoe Mod and it took ages. It worked, but it took ages.

vAddicatedGamer

• Dumb dumb
    • View Profile
Sorry, I'm a bit confused about what you are saying...

I was asking philman whether modifying battle.lgp with his files showed increased performance in latest Aali's driver compared to just using the .png. He replied that he has seen no difference in performance when using both.

And you are saying that using philman's for-lgp files increased your performance? What is it that you don't recommend - modifying battle.lgp or using .png files?

sl1982

• Administrator
  • GUI Master :P
    • View Profile
In theory there should be almost no difference in performance using either png or lgp methods. png is just easier to use.

Aali

• View Profile
In theory, LGP itself is faster than stuffing files in a windows folder.
In theory, loading a .tex file is faster than loading a .png file.
However, also in theory, once the .tex file gets beyond a certain size, loading it from disk is going to be much slower than decoding the png.
However #2, once that png is loaded it might be cached if you have texture compression enabled, this makes it even faster.

Of course all of this depends on what kind of hardware you have etc.

In practice, any difference in performance is irrelevant for most people and using modpath is just tons easier.

zoostation

• All glory to the Hypnotoad
    • View Profile
Pardon me for being a little out of the loop, but is there overlap between FL's and magochocobo's packs? In other words, do they both have new versions of any or all of the battle maps?

Template

• View Profile
Sorry, I'm a bit confused about what you are saying...

I was asking philman whether modifying battle.lgp with his files showed increased performance in latest Aali's driver compared to just using the .png. He replied that he has seen no difference in performance when using both.

And you are saying that using philman's for-lgp files increased your performance? What is it that you don't recommend - modifying battle.lgp or using .png files?

What I found with latest aali driver is that using .png in mod directory is better for me. For some reason the cache and mod path is now super fast whereas it has apparently always not worked for me though I didn't know it. Perhaps it's that Aali has fixed texture compression for my computer's generation of ATI video card, which always had problems before. I don't know. All i can say for sure is that there would be absolutely no reason for ME to use the lgp converted version of this mod. Previously for me it seemed to increase performance when one of these battle scenes was called upon, and this was probably because texture compression wasnt working for me and reading from the .pngs every time was noticeably slower than philman's lgp version.

Hope that made some semblance of sense. Having your battle.lgp file a small size is obviously better, in my opinion.

Pardon me for being a little out of the loop, but is there overlap between FL's and magochocobo's packs? In other words, do they both have new versions of any or all of the battle maps?

There is no overlap

« Last Edit: 2011-07-18 03:40:35 by Template »

Aali

• View Profile
There used to be a problem with the driver that would cause it to recreate the cached file every time instead of using it. So that means loading the .png file, compressing the texture and saving it to disk. Every single time. Obviously that lead to some seriously bad loading times :P

Tapatos

• Woot!
    • View Profile
im having a problem getting the new battlefield textures to work. i am using the bootleg configurator and it says it installs them just fine but once i get into the game its the old textures. i have both the lgp ones and png ones. do i just need one or can i use both