Author Topic: [FF7PC-98] Higher Resolution - Part II (v1.00)(Discontinued, use Aali's driver)  (Read 282091 times)

ChaosControl

• ¤
    • View Profile
Re: didnt pirate this
« Reply #25 on: 2006-02-01 06:53:27 »
Quote from: pirate_x
well i didnt pirate this game since i own it just cant find the thing. as i recall even when i first got it the thing didnt want to run correctly on my pc way back then lol and it still manages to give me problems. hmm i wonder is there a way to get the normal version out of the Ultima version or maybe get the Ultima out of the normal lol help me out. Help Me Help You! thanks

Yeah, well... your number what..? 100000 who has the cd's but forgot them or lost em somehow... strange that so many ppl arent carefull with there cd's ....

Shaher

• View Profile
    • http://www.finalcraft.com
[BETA RELEASE] Higher Resolution FFVIIPC [v1.00] - Part II
« Reply #26 on: 2006-02-01 08:35:43 »
Um... what does "made for the US-version" actually mean ?
The patch does read the filesize of the ff7.exe (I guess)
So, the size seems to be not the same...
Is the size the only factor, when the patch "looks" at the ff7.exe ?
Or are there other factors too ?

If the filesizesize is the only one, it would perhaps be possible to decompile the patch and set a new value for the filesize (theoreticaly, at least)

ChaosControl

• ¤
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2006-02-01 09:28:16 »
Quote from: Shaher
Um... what does "made for the US-version" actually mean ?
The patch does read the filesize of the ff7.exe (I guess)
So, the size seems to be not the same...
Is the size the only factor, when the patch "looks" at the ff7.exe ?
Or are there other factors too ?

If the filesizesize is the only one, it would perhaps be possible to decompile the patch and set a new value for the filesize (theoreticaly, at least)

Or you PM me and I'll send you the US version of FF7.exe which would do the trick and everything would still be german :o

XtreM

« Reply #28 on: 2006-02-01 11:06:30 »
=)
US version doesn't work with another language version :( that's THE problem :F u've a crash before the Eidos logo movie appears.
No I think the thing to know is how the patcher work
If it search for an HexString to replace it by another or If it looks for an Hex Adress and change the string by the other ... In the first case u can apply the patch by unlocking the filesize thing
With the second u simply destroy ur exe ;)

Borde

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2006-02-01 13:33:02 »
Nop, It checks the size and the CRC32. Frankly I think there is no point in bypassing those checks because probably the code to patch is somewhere else in the other versions. You can patch the US exe, make a IPS patch with the diference between the patched and the unpatched EXE and then apply it to the EXE that match your vesion. But as I said, I'd be very suprised if it actually worked.

The SaiNt

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2006-02-01 16:12:03 »
It won't work, I've taken a look at those executables and the opcodes are slightly different due to different registers being used, so unless you manually go through them one by one....

pirate_x

« Reply #31 on: 2006-02-01 16:29:15 »
hmm well the game is old as sin. what it came out in 98' and it probably came out on pc late 99' and it never was such a big game and when games give me problems i dont usualy keep trying them i just put them away till i get a new system. so there for kiss my @$$  this maybe one of the few i didnt pirate. anyways so i assume there is no way to get the ultima edtion back to the original.

ChaosControl

• ¤
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2006-02-01 16:45:32 »
you assumed correct :roll:

Phyltre

• View Profile
Re: didnt pirate this
« Reply #33 on: 2006-02-01 20:27:36 »
Quote from: chaoscontrol
well i didnt pirate this game since i own it just cant find the thing. as i recall even when i first got it the thing didnt want to run correctly on my pc way back then lol and it still manages to give me problems. hmm i wonder is there a way to get the normal version out of the Ultima version or maybe get the Ultima out of the normal lol help me out. Help Me Help You! thanks

Yeah, well... your number what..? 100000 who has the cd's but forgot them or lost em somehow... strange that so many ppl arent carefull with there cd's ....

To be fair, I've lost my fair share of game discs in the past.  I've learned to make lots of backup copies, and use virtual drives.

pirate_x

« Reply #34 on: 2006-02-02 15:09:28 »
stop hatin chaos just cause your an uber lammer and im the shizzel lol and if you dont believe me im done talking about i cant find my discs so im screwed cause nobody has the original ohwell

APOSEIGd15

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2006-02-03 00:14:31 »
Well i guess the only alternative is to get them off amazon, or borrow cds from a friend and make virtual images from them.

and please type in sentences as opposed to run on strings of words.

pirate_x

« Reply #36 on: 2006-02-03 05:42:15 »
why does it matter if i type in sentences or not lol???????????????????
now your probably gonna say something like "cause thats what inteligent people do".........anyways.. i was looking at my installed progs and i see that there is Final Fantasy VII(500 something mb) and Final Fantasy VII:Ultima Edition(1. something gigs) maybe i can uninstall the ultima edition without the game erroring

Phyltre

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2006-02-03 05:46:29 »
now your probably gonna say something like "cause thats what inteligent people do".........anyways.. i was looking at my installed progs and i see that there is Final Fantasy VII(500 something mb) and Final Fantasy VII:Ultima Edition(1. something gigs) maybe i can uninstall the ultima edition without the game erroring

The retail version requires you have the discs, or disc images, which means you still need the discs in the first place to make images from.

Seriously, though, this is getting further and further away from the point of making a new thread for the new, split thread.

Sad Jari

« Reply #38 on: 2006-02-03 06:14:18 »
now your probably gonna say something like "cause thats what inteligent people do"

You make surprisingly good guesses.

You should try harder though, that's not the only reason.

GK

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2006-02-04 19:19:21 »
Saint, I'd just like to thank you for this awesome mod.  I finally reinstalled FFVII and tried it out and can at last get FSAA and AF without the crazy boxy effect.  Yum.

Thanks!

Tseng

« Reply #40 on: 2006-02-06 00:53:27 »
nice mod much easyer on the eye with an lcd than 640. quick question though , would it be possible in the case of the 1280x1024 to move the extra black aspect bar to the top of the screen so it balances out better?

Method

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2006-02-10 10:31:17 »
Umm, what is the ressolution of this patch? Can I turn it on 800x600?

PokeParadox

« Reply #42 on: 2006-02-10 13:25:51 »
Quote from: Tseng
nice mod much easyer on the eye with an lcd than 640. quick question though , would it be possible in the case of the 1280x1024 to move the extra black aspect bar to the top of the screen so it balances out better?

God no... then people, like myself, would see even less of the game on screen. >_>

Yeah, you've probably gathered... but I would really appreciate some sort of solution for people stuck with widescreen ratio laptops... with a max res of 1280x800. Even some patch to put the battle menus up at the top would be nice... well preferable over running at 1280x1024 and having the bottom of the screen missing.

Borde

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2006-02-10 15:19:06 »
This has been asked so many times... The Sanit said that he should do way too much work to make any other resolutions available.

EmperorSteele

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2006-02-10 19:20:02 »
Quote from: Method
Umm, what is the ressolution of this patch? Can I turn it on 800x600?

Nope.  Its something like 1280x960.  No other options (except the 1280 x 1280 w/ black bar).  or something like that.

coracoideus

« Reply #45 on: 2006-02-16 19:56:34 »
Sorry, i don't want to spam but i want to make the text of my english version german.

I have both versions the german and the english.
I want to extract the german files and want to swap them with the english version.
Does anyone know where are the language files be and how I can extract them.

i would be happy if anyone could help me  :)

Authorised

« Reply #46 on: 2006-02-20 06:43:53 »
I installed the patch and it worked fine.

It's a nice little project, but I'm still really at a loss as to the purpose - I never had a problem with 640x480 3D res, my main issue was with the 320x240 resolution of the backgrounds. From reading other posts in the forum, I understand that it is no easy task to implement high-res / interpolated backgrounds, which is a shame, because that's what I really hoped this patch was for.

as it stands, the actual effect of the increased resolution is minimal, but still, nice work, it's good to see the fans at home keeping old games alive and even improving them.

Borde

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2006-02-20 09:20:59 »
Authorised, this patch has actually a very important impact for people with a TFT because 640x480 looks pretty bad (far worse than it looks on an old CRT).
Coracoideous, you should install the english version of the game and overwrite the FLEVEL.LGP with the one provided with the german version. That way you will have german text but the menus will still be in english (sorry but I don't know of any easy way of solving this)

Authorised

« Reply #48 on: 2006-02-20 14:32:36 »
ahhhh, yes it all makes perfect sense now. Still using CRT, hadn't thought about the old TFT native resolution issues.

Thanks for clearing that up, Borde :)

xeriouxi

• View Profile
Hmmm...
« Reply #49 on: 2006-02-22 19:42:30 »
Heya!

I tried installing it but I got a check error and nothing was patched. I did it after updating FF7.exe to 1.2 and installing the chocobo fix so am I meant to do it before the chocobo fix? Sorry, I can't remember whether it is this or the minigame fix that had the chocobo race fix built-in!  :D