Author Topic: [FF7PC-98] Higher Resolution - Part II (v1.00)(Discontinued, use Aali's driver)  (Read 282085 times)

dziugo

• View Profile
    • A new copy of FF7 thanks to Salk. Pack (zip/rar/etc) your saved game before sending it to me.
Re: Hmmm...
« Reply #50 on: 2006-02-22 19:45:55 »
Quote from: Erocental
Sorry, I can't remember whether it is this or the minigame fix that had the chocobo race fix built-in!  :D
This :P

dziugo

coracoideus

[BETA RELEASE] Higher Resolution FFVIIPC [v1.00] - Part II
« Reply #51 on: 2006-02-23 21:26:58 »
Quote from: Borde

Coracoideous, you should install the english version of the game and overwrite the FLEVEL.LGP with the one provided with the german version. That way you will have german text but the menus will still be in english (sorry but I don't know of any easy way of solving this)

Thanks a lot.  :D
I will try it

The SaiNt

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2006-02-24 15:02:58 »
There, after some effort, I've compiled an FAQ and merged it with the new topic.

nonowmana

« Reply #53 on: 2006-02-25 17:18:27 »
Hi evrybody!

I've just subcribe to this wonderfull forum, and i'm French, so excuse me for my realy bad english :)

I have just reinstalled this enormous game, and i've decided to apply this patch. but there is a little problem.  

Wrong filesize or already patched
Nothing patched!
... Done

i have read this topic and i didn't find the solution. I have a original CD of FF7 (french version), and the patch 1.02f to make it work on windows XP and my radeon 9600 XT.

Do you have a solution to make it work ?

Borde

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 2006-02-25 20:28:47 »
The problem is that you are using the French version of the game. This patch only works with the US 1.02 exacutable.

spyrojyros_tail

« Reply #55 on: 2006-02-28 11:02:24 »
Good job with the FAQ Saint, it will save people reading the 20 odd pages of the original post to find their problem, but then again some people wont even read the FAQ! ^^  :P

VincentVal

• View Profile
Re: doesnt work
« Reply #56 on: 2006-03-03 02:36:12 »
Quote from: Phyltre

Ultima Edition = Evil.  And incompatible with this.

You are incorrect about this. My friend has the Ultima Edition and he has this working.

dziugo

• View Profile
    • A new copy of FF7 thanks to Salk. Pack (zip/rar/etc) your saved game before sending it to me.
Re: doesnt work
« Reply #57 on: 2006-03-03 08:08:03 »
Quote from: VINCENTVAL
Quote from: Phyltre

Ultima Edition = Evil.  And incompatible with this.

You are incorrect about this. My friend has the Ultima Edition and he has this working.
From another thread:
the ULtIMA version has only two things wrong with it,
1) no CD - CRACK
2) Slightly altered dialog
No-CD crack usually alters ff7.exe and it means that it will fail the CRC check which TheSaiNt's patch runs on that file. So it's not compatible with ULtIMA version of FF7.

dziugo

VincentVal

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 2006-03-03 12:22:33 »
Hmm. you are right, but how does my fried have the Ultima Edition with this patch installed?

dziugo

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 2006-03-03 12:24:38 »
Hmm. you are right, but how does my fried have the Ultima Edition with this patch installed?
Most likely, it's not a pure Ultima Edition. At least the ff7.exe has been replaced with the original 1.02 one.

dziugo

VincentVal

• View Profile
« Reply #60 on: 2006-03-03 12:27:18 »
Well. All I know is he installed the Ultima Edition then right after this patch

wilddrew

« Reply #61 on: 2006-03-05 03:54:12 »
Hi!

I just want to ask, if so far with the reunion and highres patch was working ok, but when in rocketcity i just got the airplane, during the movie it just stoped - the music was going on, but no more movement, or anything. It just died - is it an already known problem, or i have to change disc, or what?

Does anyone has the same problem?

THX

Spoony

Nice one
« Reply #62 on: 2006-03-06 01:39:30 »
Hey,

This is great The SaiNt, excellent work, I know this must of taken alot of hours to put together  :wink: , shame about the black borders i'm getting though.. (is there anything I can do about that?), thanks.

- Spoony

wilddrew

« Reply #63 on: 2006-03-06 12:19:56 »
Quote from: wilddrew
Hi!

I just want to ask, if so far with the reunion and highres patch was working ok, but when in rocketcity i just got the airplane, during the movie it just stoped - the music was going on, but no more movement, or anything. It just died - is it an already known problem, or i have to change disc, or what?

Does anyone has the same problem?

THX

It seems to be that my problem is because of a jairofly.avi is corrupted for some reason, wathing it by windows media player couses a runtime error (by an avi???), at the point where the game frozes.

Findecano

« Reply #64 on: 2006-03-08 18:06:20 »
I've got a question for you, the SaiNt:
Can you make a version of the patch, wich doesn't check the filesize of ff7.exe? I would need this, would it be possible?

The SaiNt

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 2006-03-08 22:49:03 »
It's put there on purpose.
It's far more annoying to have ppl try to apply the patch to some unknown version and complain that is doesn't work.

Shaher

• View Profile
    • http://www.finalcraft.com
« Reply #66 on: 2006-03-09 00:36:11 »
Um... I've a stupid "idea" on my mind...
The backgroundimages do look blocky on 1280x968 atm, so why don't extract them, stretch them with a usefull program like s-spline (best way to stretch an image) and pack them back in a *.lpg-file or whatever ? o_O
Other corrections could made this way to o.o

edit: Hm... I forgot the "walking-areas" >_>
Would be crappy if the characters walk through a wall .__
Or is there a way to strech these areas ? =(.

btw: After playing FF VII/PC with the HighRes-Patch, the ff7.exe is always stuck in the memory, taskmanager shows it =(
Is there a way to fix that ?

EmperorSteele

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 2006-03-09 05:07:23 »
Shaher: No can do: The BG images you see are actually a COLLECTON of smaller, 16 x 16 images.  You're not talking about editing hundreds of files (still asinine) but THOUSANDS.

Shaher

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 2006-03-09 12:42:30 »
Hm... that'S crap =(
But there's still the option to use batch-conversion o_o
S-spline doesn't support this feature, but Photoshop for sure.
PS doesn't have the Spline-option, though, but bicubic should work quite good ionstead.
Bicubic-stretching brings up some blur, but this could be fixed with "unsharp mask" (don't know if this is correct, it's called "unscharf maskieren" in the ger version)
A small contrast-correction should be fine, too. (Sry if this is wrong, I never got that "to <> too"-thing at school .__.)

I don't even know how good the result would be, but I guess it would help a little bit, because the images would'nt be stretched so much during the highres-procedure.

I guess I want to give it a try o.o
So, where are the BG-images stored ?
And: Can I open that file with LPG-tools ? o_o

Chrisu

• Simply there
    • View Profile
    • Christian's Programs
« Reply #69 on: 2006-03-09 12:55:53 »
They're in flevel.lgp
--
Yes you can

Shaher

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 2006-03-09 13:10:31 »
Ah, one thing: Will the "walking-areas" still be correct ?
I'm not sure about this...
Could happen, that the figures walk through a wall or stuff like that... =/

Chrisu

• Simply there
    • View Profile
    • Christian's Programs
« Reply #71 on: 2006-03-09 13:17:15 »
With which program you wanna edit them?

Otokoshi

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 2006-03-09 14:40:45 »
That sounds like an interesting idea Shaher.  Making a batch or script would make editing thousands of 16x16 files more plausable.  Here is a previous topic you can look at that might help get you going.  Best of luck.

Link

EDIT:
And here is another topic.

Shaher

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 2006-03-09 16:33:00 »
Thx for the link Otokoshi ^__^

TerakRall tried something else I guess. He wanted to make the images look more blurry, but this would destroy every small details, as you can see on his pics.
The only thing I want to do, is to double the size to 32x32 - same as the Res is doubled from 640x480 to 1280x960.
I think this would help, because the "blocks" come from the (let me call it) "uprendering" to the higher resolution.
So, if the images are already fixed size, the HighRes-Thingy doesn't have to stretch them.
At least I guess, this COULD create less "blocks".

But htere's a little problem... =(
Photoshop supports batch-conversion/edits but it always asks to save every single pic after the editing is done. If I can find out how to avoid this , the program would convert/edit every single pic in a short time. If I don't, I have to click for every single pic the "okay"-button or press enter, which means it will take "just" a few days .___.

btw: Sharing could be done with rapidshare or P2P-networks or so o_O

Borde

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 2006-03-09 18:26:26 »
Althought I love your idea and I've been thinking about trying it for a long time, I see a few problems:
-FF7 background are stored in 16x16 tiles (as stated earlier), but they aren't stored in any standrad format. They aren't even separated in diferent files. They are compiled along with all the information about a single location (script, text, walk-mesh, etc.) in level files. You can extarct easily most of the backgrounds using Cosmo or something like that, but you will have a hard time reinserting them in the level files.
-Even if you get to reinsert the files, they will simply overflow the screen, so you will see an scaled version of what you've done. You can't change the size of the tiles from 16x16 to 32x32 without modifing the engine of the game (and I think that would be a quiet problematic modification). You should tell the game to render the tiles more little (which would once again involve some more tweaquing, although probably less problematic) and tell him to render more of them (ugh... that looks hard for me) .
If you want to see a description about the format of the backgrounds of FF7, I suggest you to look at GEARS or at Qhimm's wiki.