Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] Replacement FMVs, footage from AC/CC (2017-2-18)  (Read 234708 times)

Grimmy

• Join in my tarnished light.
    • View Profile
    • GrimmyGames
Re: [FF7] Replacement FMVs, footage from AC/CC (2011-11-25)
« Reply #375 on: 2016-01-02 03:11:22 »
After a great rest I've made another video replacement. Inspired by my good friend Wolfman's idea to use the Remake footage of Cloud jumping onto the train as a new video. I did just that. Here is a demo in lower resolution on youtube.

https://youtu.be/hyrkU1m1G54

Link on the first post
« Last Edit: 2016-01-02 03:23:40 by Grimmy »

LeonhartGR

• ~Whatever...~ Enjoy life!
    • View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
« Reply #376 on: 2016-01-07 09:46:18 »
I always supported how badass you are Grimmy! You sneaky man! FF7 remake footage ;-p

mitzmitra

• one winged artist
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: 2016-01-19 16:02:59 »
can this be added to 7thHeaven? thanks in advance!  :-D

Grimmy

• View Profile
    • GrimmyGames
« Reply #378 on: 2016-01-20 00:46:23 »
Probably. Most of my mods end up available in the 7h catalog.

walkinghawking

• Weapon killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: 2016-01-20 03:32:06 »
can this be added to 7thHeaven? thanks in advance!  :-D

I would post in the 7th Heaven Updates and Feature Requests thread with a link back to this thread so EQ2Alyza can take a look.

GARDIN

• View Profile
« Reply #380 on: 2016-03-27 13:09:28 »
this awesome video Cloud jumps onto train thx Grimmy This effort

Grimmy

• View Profile
    • GrimmyGames
« Reply #381 on: 2017-02-14 20:10:59 »
Remastered Replacement FMVs for FFVII

After almost 8 years I have finally gotten around to fully updating my videos using the highest quality AC(480p), ACC(1080p) and CC(1080p) sources available. I've remade every video from the ground up at the proper aspect ratio of 1280X896 and encoded everything with a high bitrate setting(generally 8000 kbps and higher) to eliminate any artifacting caused by encoding. When any original game footage was needed I used the Remastered FMV's by cmh175. Here is a breakdown of what videos are included and any notable changes.

opening - A higher quality version of the PS3 tech demo was used and the audio was corrected to remove some small clicks near the end.
canon - ACC
canonh3f - ACC
earithdd - higher quality version of hybridmoon's video was used and new ACC footage used when able.
funeral - same as above
ending3 - ACC footage
jenova_e - AC, ACC, CC footage.
meteofix - AC
nivlsfs - ACC
ontrain - 1080p remake trailer footage.

A few notes. The ontrain video has 2 versions included. One that is short like the original and a longer version inspired the one at the end of Tsunamix's Ehco-S demo. Also I had to use the AC 480p footage for both meteofix and jenova's reveal because those scenes had been cut and or extremely shortened in the ACC version making them unusable. I've also included the much higher quality Eidos logo opening from Team Avalanche because it doesn't seem to be very commonly known of at the moment and a sqlogo replacement that is a cool clip video of the compilation.

Download link
https://mega.nz/#!KFRgWTxI!sIx-VW8lpnSpAdMAqWRpZ9YnVb_h8xoN-GLrVxIoHLI

Enhanced Replacement FMVs from Toshiba DVD

So anyone that doesn't know once upon a time a few of the FFVII FMVs where rendered at a higher quality and released on a DVD to be encluded with a Toshiba computer. Full story over at TLS https://thelifestream.net/review-the-toshiba-ffvii-dvd/ So after waiting for a number of years for someone else to make a set using this footage I decided to do it myself since I was redoing my previous videos. A few videos have been made by DLPB using this footage. Most notably the opening, so I won't be including any of those videos. I will show a few comparison shots of the same frames from the Remastered FMV's by cmh175 and the Toshiba DVD versions by me. I will go ahead and say that after color correcting the videos, cropping, enlarging and filtering the videos you get about 5-10% more visual information. There is an improvement in sharpness of lines and small details but at the loss of some smoothness. However for a modder like me that is a fair trade. I want the most out of all aspects of my game even if there are a few concessions. I also used the  Remastered FMV's by cmh175 to fill in any gapes not included in the Toshiba DVD footage. I ended up making 19 replacements out of the available footage. Here are the comparison shots.

Remastered FMV's by cmh175

Toshiba DVD footage

Remastered FMV's by cmh175

Toshiba DVD footage

Download Link
https://mega.nz/#!2ZQShChR!H0FQIpBqJTjPTDU1wzbkGiBGeOaVUw94c4Ur0d6TDdA

No Chibi Replacement FMVs Corrected

In addition to Remastering my original videos and working on the Toshiba DVD videos I tackled correcting the No Chibi FMVs by DrLilo. The original videos had varying sizes and fps which caused some issues(like a softlock for me at parashot). Another issue is that they were made back when the psx resized videos by dlpb were the best available, but now the 2012 resizes have surpassed those. So, I started with a base of the Remastered FMV's by cmh175 and remade each video to a proper size, fps and runtime. These videos also use any Toshiba DVD footage that was available. These videos will play 100% properly without any flevel patches unlike the original versions.

Download Link
https://mega.nz/#!uMhFVBQa!7TD9jl7tWvKSuhPw6tulnSb3FgB_4mwQdWAuGUv7KEs

Links also added to 1st post.
« Last Edit: 2017-07-15 01:18:39 by Grimmy »

Fischkopf

• View Profile
« Reply #382 on: 2017-02-16 11:54:00 »
Thanks for the great work Grimmy, I guess this will be THE definitive FMV pack for the game from now on. Makes you wonder why Square itself didn't use the Toshiba DVD footage for the steam re-release...

Grimmy

• View Profile
    • GrimmyGames
« Reply #383 on: 2017-02-18 23:13:33 »
Thanks for the great work Grimmy, I guess this will be THE definitive FMV pack for the game from now on. Makes you wonder why Square itself didn't use the Toshiba DVD footage for the steam re-release...

Thanks very much for that. I've been around these parts long enough to know very few things are ever definitive, but these will be good for awhile.

Ugerstl has pointed out that I had incorrectly named a few videos. In particular these were the errors.

\FMVs HD AC CC  - Grimmy
  meteorfix.avi
  meteofix.avi

\FMVs Toshiba DVD enhanced
  goldsaucer7.avi
  gold7.avi

nrcrldvd.avi
  nrcrl.avi

\No Chibi FMVs Corrected
  weapon3.avi
  weapon3.avi

I have already corrected this in the download links so no worries for any new downloaders. However if you already did download them then you can simply rename the files to the above correct names.

Tsuna

• Global moderator
  • Working together to create awesome things!
    • View Profile
    • The home of Tsunamods
« Reply #384 on: 2017-02-18 23:21:13 »
Cheers grimmy. Looking forward to seeing these

Sato

• View Profile
Re: [FF7] Replacement FMVs, footage from AC/CC (2017-2-18)
« Reply #385 on: 2017-05-10 22:02:16 »
Hi, just wondering if it might be possible to post some screenshots or footage from the No Chibi FMV pack? I'm interested to see how similar it looks to DrLilo's originals, or if you've re-animated them completely. I'd really like a pack like that, just I can't get over how stiff DrLilo's originals were (no offence!).

Thanks!

Grimmy

• View Profile
    • GrimmyGames
« Reply #386 on: 2017-05-10 23:17:12 »
Nah. They still use his animated sections. I just corrected the frame rate to stop a few soft locks and used higher quality footage when his no chibi animation was on screen. They are still a pretty big improvement, but don't eliminate the stiff looking issue his original version had.

ZaruenKosai

• View Profile
« Reply #387 on: 2017-06-13 04:30:32 »
I am confused... you stated that the opening is the ps3 tech demo but than you stated that you did not include the opening video because DLPB made a different version... so could you please clarify which videos are included in the TOSHIBA Enhanced Videos Download?

Grimmy

• View Profile
    • GrimmyGames
« Reply #388 on: 2017-06-13 23:49:53 »
My version is made from the ps3 tech demo and CC ending vid. DLPB's version is an upgraded version of the original using the Toshiba DVD footage. So I had no reason to make or include the latter since it had already been done.

ZaruenKosai

• View Profile
« Reply #389 on: 2017-06-14 07:25:23 »
Okay I read over your posts and I understand now
« Last Edit: 2017-06-14 08:30:03 by ZaruenKosai »

Skyryan

• View Profile
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTXITAufsDs

With FF7 Remake released we now have the cutscenes of Mako Reactor 1 exploding, Cloud Jump onto the Train, Cloud falling, the Plate falling, and the Bikes!!!  ;D ;D ;D

Bonez

• Cosmo Memory Dev
  • Global moderator
  • What goes here?
    • View Profile
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTXITAufsDs

With FF7 Remake released we now have the cutscenes of Mako Reactor 1 exploding, Cloud Jump onto the Train, Cloud falling, the Plate falling, and the Bikes!!!  ;D ;D ;D

Don't necro please. especially on a dead mod. Grimmy's been gone for years. SYW looks better than the Toshibas at this point anyway.
« Last Edit: 2021-08-04 07:40:44 by Bonez »