Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] Multiple mods and Modding Framework-The Reunion [R06f]  (Read 3008912 times)

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
Re: [REL] The Reunion
« Reply #325 on: 2014-04-12 11:39:28 »
I removed colour items for now.   Not sure if I will add them back.  We'll see.

ManuBBXX

• View Profile
« Reply #326 on: 2014-04-15 08:18:39 »
Thanks for your answer Daniel.
It was a great mod( for me  8) )

balsh

• View Profile
« Reply #327 on: 2014-04-21 20:56:03 »
Great package.
One thing though I've only installed the models and I don't know why but now my opening credits roll crazy fast.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: 2014-04-22 08:27:26 »
Note sure what could cause that.  I'll have a look but doesn't sound like a problem on my end.

Any case...

I will be getting back to this soon.  I am at work and all that shit.

genesis063

• Self proclaimed number 1 Sephiroth fanboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: 2014-04-26 00:31:41 »
DLPB thanks for the awesome mod I was wondering is there a way to make it work with 7th heaven?  When I tried importing it it didn't carry over any changes and it was the ones after installing it and setting up the settings.  I also am running an issue with bootleg as well.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #330 on: 2014-04-26 20:23:00 »
I have no idea about any of the other mods out there.  So someone else can hopfully help.  Generally, if a mod edits game text, the answer is no for translation project.  Menu should work with everything.

Dan

genesis063

• Self proclaimed number 1 Sephiroth fanboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: 2014-04-26 21:26:40 »
I am mostly refering to textures as it keeps the original game settings.  I guess we may just have to be content to use the driver.

Cowzou

• View Profile
« Reply #332 on: 2014-04-28 03:12:46 »
Hi, DLPB.
First of all, I'd like to thank you for your awesome work both with Anxious Heart and The Reunion (I'm really looking forward to the Iscar bit).  ;D
Second comes my problem : when I click on the link to download R01, it sends me to a "Link Not Found" LinkBucks page (note that the same thing happen for Anxious Heart A04). Since no one else is talking about it, I'm guessing that either it was deleted fairly recently or there's a problem on my end.  :|
So please, tell me if I'm doing something wrong or if I just need to wait for you to upload it again. In the meantime, keep up the good work !

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: 2014-04-28 07:04:18 »
Disable adblock software until you have downloaded the files.. that's my best guess.

Cowzou

• View Profile
« Reply #334 on: 2014-04-28 13:42:53 »
After some tweaking, it turns out that the problem was HTTPS-Everywhere (maybe knowing it will help someone someday). But anyway, thanks for taking the time of answering my super-noob question.  :)
Also, since Beacause is completed, can we expect a first look of Iscar any time soon or are you waiting until you've finished the other parts of the Reunion first ?
« Last Edit: 2014-04-28 13:46:24 by Cowzou »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: 2014-04-28 16:27:35 »
That's lowest priority... Because still needs a few small tweaks, and the installer needs finishing for R02, and I want to start work on difficulty mod and another quest thing mentioned on first posts.  But it's coming close to me beginning work on that.

Work is taking much of my time away, but I am working on it when I can :)

Toshiko

• View Profile
« Reply #336 on: 2014-05-06 20:04:24 »
Having a bit of a problem... I had successfully used earlier releases of the Menu Overhaul with the retranslation that was complete up to Junon. Prior to running Reunion, I uninstalled all mods. After installing the appropriate mods from Reunion (all defaults, except 'American' box was ticked), I saw the opening movies, and then a half black, half red (diagonally split from top right to bottom left) screen with a smaller red box on the left hand side that represented the cursor. Figuring the uninstall botched things up, I uninstalled and reinstalled the game from scratch.

After first installing the latest version of Aali's mod, I again installed Reunion with the aforementioned options. This time, the movies once again play fine as usual, but now the menu screen is flat black. Nothing is being displayed. Any suggestions?

For the record - as should be obvious from the start of my first paragraph, but just to be clear - I am using the 1998 1.02 version. Also, it is being run in Windows 7 x64, with a Radeon HD 6870 (which has been known to cause me much trouble with various other software purely because the world is nVidia).

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #337 on: 2014-05-06 21:22:49 »

Does your screen look similar to this?

For the black menu boxes, try setting texture_cache_size = 1024 in ff7_opengl.cfg.

Toshiko

• View Profile
« Reply #338 on: 2014-05-06 21:34:43 »
It did look that way on my first installation attempt. Now, the entire screen is just black, but I can hear the cursor movement sound if I press up or down, so it isn't frozen, and it does not crash.

And adding that setting gives me the following error message:

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #339 on: 2014-05-06 21:39:27 »
The red box could be related to your Catalyst driver. We had that problem with Bootleg040 and found drivers 13.5 and 13.8 to work.

Are you not using Aali's 0.8.1b?

Toshiko

• View Profile
« Reply #340 on: 2014-05-06 21:42:37 »
Ah, no. using 0.7.11b, which I thought was the latest. My fault, there.

I'll try changing up my Catalyst version, as well, and report back after.

Edit: Still had to reinstall the game itself again, but Catalyst version was definitely the wrench in the works (as it always is). So, I have a fifth program that requires a specific version of Catalyst's drivers in order to play nice. I'll be buying nVidia next time.

Nonetheless, it's working flawlessly now. Thank you!
« Last Edit: 2014-05-06 23:04:49 by Toshiko »

Kompass63

• View Profile
« Reply #341 on: 2014-05-06 23:11:53 »
Unfortunately I have forgotten to say.
Catalyst 13.12 works again. (and newer? )

see now, there are already 14.4 ...
« Last Edit: 2014-05-06 23:14:38 by Kompass63 »

DrLilo

• -- Posh Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Final Fantasy VII Kids - Let's Play
« Reply #342 on: 2014-05-08 22:44:42 »
Hey, anyone have any guesses why after installing the models part of Reunion; during the Chocobo Racing mini-game, Cloud has no texture (just a purple placeholder graphic)? His model is clearly the new higher poly version, but no texture... I'm guessing the same will be true for Tifa and Cid, though I haven't tested them.

EDIT: Tested Tifa, actually her texture is working fine... Maybe it's just Cloud then?
« Last Edit: 2014-05-08 23:21:58 by DrLilo »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: 2014-06-04 22:04:40 »
I am now on top of things...  so can't be much longer.  I need one good weekend.  At moment, I am sorting files and backing up.  I will be releasing updates to all my programs in one go before I get back to Reunion.

Salk

• View Profile
« Reply #344 on: 2014-06-05 03:54:11 »
Godspeed, sir!  :wink:

Hellbringer616

• View Profile
« Reply #345 on: 2014-06-05 17:08:29 »
*starts holding breath waits 30 seconds* I CAN'T WAIT ANYMORE!!

Jokes aside I'm eagerly waiting for your update. Reunion 1 is a master piece!

Just curious, do you plan on working with Kaldarasha about your and his model packs working together? (since if i recall yours is basically his just added in correct?) i recall someone somewhere saying they have issue

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: 2014-06-05 17:13:24 »
I leave that side to him, all I do is use models that are closest to the original game.  But all that work is for Kal...  If there are any issues, they should be noted here so he can see them :)

Turbo

• View Profile
« Reply #347 on: 2014-06-07 19:57:34 »
Hi, DLPB.
First of all, I'd like to thank you for your awesome work both with Anxious Heart and The Reunion (I'm really looking forward to the Iscar bit).  ;D
Second comes my problem : when I click on the link to download R01, it sends me to a "Link Not Found" LinkBucks page (note that the same thing happen for Anxious Heart A04). Since no one else is talking about it, I'm guessing that either it was deleted fairly recently or there's a problem on my end.  :|
So please, tell me if I'm doing something wrong or if I just need to wait for you to upload it again. In the meantime, keep up the good work !

I seem to have a similar problem. I get "Not Found 404" for that link. I tried it a few times over the past 12 hours. Cowzou mentioned his problem was the " HTTPS-Everywhere", I guess what he meant by that is that it needs to be http, but when I remove the s google automatically goes back to https. I've tried all kinds a tweaking with that link to no success. If someone maybe could upload it somewhere else that be neat, it's always good to have mirrors.

Green_goblin

• View Profile
    • Parasite Eve Translation Project
« Reply #348 on: 2014-06-08 12:03:25 »
If I am correct Beacause R02 is finished and you just need some weekends to have it all ready, am I right?

kiyobean

• View Profile
« Reply #349 on: 2014-06-10 15:34:09 »
Hi, I'm having no luck at downloading the installer. I've tried turning off Adblock, and even using Internet Explorer ::shudder::    But all I get is adverts (including a fake "download here" link that nearly tricked me into installing a load of malware), and when you click "skip ad", just a 404 error screen.

Is there any chance that it could be uploaded elsewhere, or made into a torrent?