Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] Multiple mods and Modding Framework-The Reunion [R06f]  (Read 3008180 times)

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98-Steam] Multiple mods - The Reunion (R03b)
« Reply #1175 on: 2015-03-20 09:14:42 »
You are right, probably these are my problems. I'll try to fix them myself.

Keep reporting them, though....  I'll always check.

Green_goblin

• View Profile
    • Parasite Eve Translation Project
« Reply #1176 on: 2015-03-20 22:23:58 »
I don't have an screenshot for this one, but this kernel text may be much too long depending on the enemy's name:

{Target}{Attack} has no skill power remaining.

MAybe it's better to use the original text:

{Target}{Attack}'s skill power is used up.

I found one enemy in the Shinra Building and this message showed a little bit out of the battle box. I don't remember the enemy name, it was those sword guardians on the 68th floor and you can steal the Hard Edge from them.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #1177 on: 2015-03-20 23:27:14 »
I'll have a look.  Can't use the one you recommend because enemy names have a space after them and the apostrophe then ends up looking bad.

However, it is not TARGET ATTACK.

Green_goblin

• View Profile
« Reply #1178 on: 2015-03-20 23:29:08 »
What about:

{Target}{Attack} has no MP remaining.

Because that is what is happening in fact, enemies also have MP.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #1179 on: 2015-03-20 23:32:15 »
What about:

{Target}{Attack} has no MP remaining.

Because that is what is happening in fact, enemies also have MP.

I suppose.  It's not target attack though.  It's monster name and ID. :)
« Last Edit: 2015-03-21 01:08:18 by DLPB »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #1180 on: 2015-03-21 01:17:17 »
Weapon:

I am redesigning the internal calculations and what not. Simplifying and making it actually look professional.

These will be the only stats in the stat menu

Strength
Vitality
Magic
Intellect
Agility
Luck

Evade and Magic evade are abolished... they will be calculated mainly by Agility and I'll probably leave the luck calcs in there.  Evasion will be calculated equally for Magical and Physical attacks. That's how it should be done.

Critical attacks will be based on luck and possibly level.

Weapons, armours and accessories will still influence some of these stats, of course, but the only stats present in Equip menu will be:

Attack
Accuracy
Defence
Magic Defence

Attack is the strength of weapon
Accuracy is the rating of the weapon
Defence is the strength of the armour
Magic Defence is also a component of armour

Evasion and Magic Evasion are removed from Equip menu.  Magic Attack is abolished.

Still a bit of work to be doing before I get to work tweaking values.

When you look at my menu, you will see something you can work with and understand.  Not a bunch of meaningless bloat. And not "255%".
« Last Edit: 2015-03-21 01:21:57 by DLPB »

Green_goblin

• View Profile
« Reply #1181 on: 2015-03-21 15:32:07 »
mtnvl6

It says "Nibel Reactor" and it should be "Nibl Mako Reactor".

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #1182 on: 2015-03-21 15:33:57 »
mtnvl6

It says "Nibel Reactor" and it should be "Nibl Mako Reactor".

Not in my files it doesn't... something must have affected yours.  Since you're using non-PC version, it's prob best to only report typos, grammar issues, wrong spellings (but not difference in canon) and boxes / text that don't fit.  I am gathering some of these issues have been caused elsewhere.
« Last Edit: 2015-03-21 15:35:55 by DLPB »

Yarow12

• I am the Epic awesome; I am the Awesom epic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1183 on: 2015-03-21 19:00:28 »
I'm looking forward to Weapon. Let's see how much better people can make a game.
You're adding this all to your portfolio, right, DLPB? Managing these mods and threads can be mentioned during interviews.

StickySock

• View Profile
« Reply #1184 on: 2015-03-22 08:59:01 »
Now that you are basically done with Beacause, putting it on the Chinese bootleg version of the game (http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=14825.msg208008;topicseen#msg208008) could keep you busy. Maybe the Weapon gameplay balancing as well?  :P

Honestly, I think I might buy FF7 again just to play through the tremendous work you and Luksy done on the localization, but I'm also tempted to wait until you finish Weapon just to get a totally different experience. I have no idea how hard an undertaking such as Weapon is though, so I could be waiting a while lol. I'm hoping that the Reunion + Re:Sampled + Anxious Heart + Goblins Bar mods together will quench my thirst for a FF7 remake.  8-)

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #1185 on: 2015-03-22 23:58:21 »
http://i.imgur.com/BmheTPf.png

Welcome to the new stat screen.

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
« Reply #1186 on: 2015-03-23 07:23:25 »
So I have made my decision and will create in future (depends on when Weapon will be ready) two or three Weapon modifiers:
  • Ultima Weapon - the weapon forging
  • Diamond Weapon - no Gil as rewards but valuable Items to sell
  • Ruby Weapon - Overhaul of the Materia system*

I did wanted to do something like this for the NT mod but it changed to much on the main story (Aerith revival) and Weapon seems to have pretty solid ground.

http://i.imgur.com/BmheTPf.png

Welcome to the new stat screen.

Seems like a powersource is really valuable. :o

*It won't be as I would like to have it. Mainly I want to implement a Materia fusion system but I will need to have to reorganize the Materia in the Kernel and possibly create a few new. I'm not sure how possible it will be to create that within the field script, there are many things to check and it very likely that I will exceed the limit a field script can have. I also don't know if I can only check Master Materias, I have to look as this first too. It's not a must have mod but could become interesting to get the different Bahamuts summons through mixing two (or three ;)) Materias with each other.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #1187 on: 2015-03-23 10:21:55 »
Sources are capped at 10 per stat (so you won't be able to max players out with them anymore) and I am not sure about their rarity yet.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #1188 on: 2015-03-23 21:34:44 »
Now to make maximum level 100 across the board.  I am undecided on whether the maximum HP and damage should be 10000.

All other main stats are already 100 and only use 100 as their maximums in calculations.

This is purely for aesthetic reasons :)
« Last Edit: 2015-03-23 22:34:29 by DLPB »

Kaldarasha

• View Profile
« Reply #1189 on: 2015-03-24 06:15:04 »
Now to make maximum level 100 across the board.  I am undecided on whether the maximum HP and damage should be 10000.

All other main stats are already 100 and only use 100 as their maximums in calculations.

This is purely for aesthetic reasons :)

I vote for 9999. It looks more like a maximum, with 10000 people may think that there is a way to go higher than that.

TzakShrike

• View Profile
« Reply #1190 on: 2015-03-24 07:58:08 »
Hi, I'm playing through FFVII with most of Reunion on (excluding 60FPS battles obviously, those are shonky right now) and have found a few issues, particularly in translation, but this one intrigued me so much that I had to come back here to post about it.

In Gold Saucer's Chocobo Square, there's a guy who explains about betting on a Quinella Box, however he uses the American Spanish derived "Quiniela" as opposed to the more common British English "Quinella". I have British English on, of course, so all of my Armors are Armours. I think leaving this change out is a mistake. What do you think?

Additionally, when this NPC says "A quiniela box is a method of buying combinations with three chocobos." it sounds like he's describing a trifecta, not a quinella box. Possibly he should say something like "A quinella box is buying all possible quinella combinations for three chocobos." Or maybe "A quinella box is a bet covering all possible quinella combinations for three chocobos." Actually I think I prefer that last one.

For the most part, I adore this retranslation attempt. I speak Japanese as well as English and have very very few issues with what you've managed to do here, so well done.

TzakShrike

• View Profile
« Reply #1191 on: 2015-03-24 08:07:55 »
I suppose.  It's not target attack though.  It's monster name and ID. :)

So how about "{Monster Name}is out of MP"? Short, natural... but maybe not 100% correct, say, if they have 3 MP left and try to use an attack that requires 4. I have to wonder here, was the Japanese that was used 足りません?

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #1192 on: 2015-03-24 09:18:19 »
Hi, I'm playing through FFVII with most of Reunion on (excluding 60FPS battles obviously, those are shonky right now) and have found a few issues, particularly in translation, but this one intrigued me so much that I had to come back here to post about it.

In Gold Saucer's Chocobo Square, there's a guy who explains about betting on a Quinella Box, however he uses the American Spanish derived "Quiniela" as opposed to the more common British English "Quinella". I have British English on, of course, so all of my Armors are Armours. I think leaving this change out is a mistake. What do you think?

Additionally, when this NPC says "A quiniela box is a method of buying combinations with three chocobos." it sounds like he's describing a trifecta, not a quinella box. Possibly he should say something like "A quinella box is buying all possible quinella combinations for three chocobos." Or maybe "A quinella box is a bet covering all possible quinella combinations for three chocobos." Actually I think I prefer that last one.

For the most part, I adore this retranslation attempt. I speak Japanese as well as English and have very very few issues with what you've managed to do here, so well done.

I never knew that.  I'll look into it!  Thanks :) If you spot anymore mistakes, do let me know. Remember to check the bugtracker.

TzakShrike

• View Profile
« Reply #1193 on: 2015-03-24 13:05:08 »
Do I report model issues here as well? Or should those be reported elsewhere?

In any case, here's another bug that isn't in the tracker (can I modify the tracker directly?) - In the Chocobo Races, the buttons for paging through racer information are shown as a PGUP and PGDN button graphic, instead of L1 and R1 when Playstation buttons is installed. Not exactly the biggest problem that Chocobo racing has right now though. Weapon is installed as well, in case that makes a difference.

Kaldarasha

• View Profile
« Reply #1194 on: 2015-03-24 14:04:32 »
Do I report model issues here as well? Or should those be reported elsewhere?

Those go to me here:
http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=13960.0

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #1195 on: 2015-03-29 17:54:27 »
From what I am seeing of Quinella, there are 2 spellings.  Neither are "British"... both are acceptable.  But Quinella is more common.

I'll look into the terminology of the bet because I know sod all about how these things work.

In other news:

Weapon is proving to be extremely taxing, but I am working on it constantly.
« Last Edit: 2015-03-29 19:53:18 by DLPB »

Bobby

• View Profile
« Reply #1196 on: 2015-03-30 14:38:04 »

Quick note, American spelling option installed, but I assume this how the British spell magnificence.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #1197 on: 2015-03-30 14:47:16 »

See the bugtracker before posting a "bug" :)

genesis063

• Self proclaimed number 1 Sephiroth fanboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1198 on: 2015-03-30 23:35:22 »
I was thinking of making a compatible update for the reunion and menu overhaul is it okay with you?  I like to ask just incase since I am building from your work.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #1199 on: 2015-03-30 23:47:16 »
I am not sure I follow?  What do you intend to do?