Author Topic: Any way to manually and permanently change battle menu styles with no reinstall?  (Read 2830 times)

weltallofid

• View Profile
Hello there everyone. I looked around a bit in the forums,but I did not find any mention of this. In the bootleg I chose the FFX battle menu but I believed the FFIX style would be like the original FFIX (sadly I did not do any research on it before). I love for the FFIX menu is not just like the original but there is a health and mana bar right under the numbers. I really want to make it permanent since I prefer it much more than the FFX style, but I am not sure I want to reinstall the whole bootleg (for now). Is there any way to switch the battle menu style manually to the FFIX style? I have have re installed the MO.exe but I do not want to do something that will mess the whole game since there were a handful of options in the Menu overhaul tab on bootleg.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
You are best off updating and starting again and use the NEW reunion installer, which has a completed translation project.  That version is pitiful.

weltallofid

• View Profile
Yes I saw Reunion but I did not try to use it since you stated that it should not be installed along with the older version and I guessed even if it afterwards. I guess I will re-install the whole thing. Do I completely remove all the Menu Overhaul option in the bootleg?

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
I don't know how bootleg works.  I install all my mods manually so there are no issues.

weltallofid

• View Profile
A last question. since you are one of the creators of the old installer, would choosing "uninstall this mod" in the installation option. remove it in a way Reunion would have no problems?

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
A last question. since you are one of the creators of the old installer, would choosing "uninstall this mod" in the installation option. remove it in a way Reunion would have no problems?

Possibly... but it's been a long time since I created that installer.  You are best off just replacing all files with defaults and adding mods as you go, starting with Reunion.

weltallofid

• View Profile
Will do. It is always better to start with a clean base in everything. Thanks for the replies :D Your work is highly appreciated!