Author Topic: Buster Sword  (Read 12607 times)

YourSorrow

• View Profile
Buster Sword
« on: 2008-07-24 15:36:59 »
Upon looking through the FFX weapon files, I came across a Buster Sword model (0007.ffb).  Now I'd really like to put this into my FF7 game, but haven't got the fogiest idea how, could someone help/guide me?

Thanks in advance.

itoikenza

• Chrono Cross Modder: http://pastebin.com/fuj8s836
    • View Profile
    • Chrono Cross Hacking Wish List!
Re: Buster Sword
« Reply #1 on: 2009-01-21 19:11:33 »
What are the exact digits of the buster sword? "0007.ffb" is this the first 4 or last 4 digits?

Edit: never mind!!! I found it using ffxdumper.exe!!!
« Last Edit: 2009-01-22 12:59:34 by itoikenza »

NameSpoofer

« Reply #2 on: 2009-01-23 06:12:56 »
Well you open the 0007.ffb with FFX viewer then rip it with 3D Ripper Dx to obj or 3dr. Then open up the model with 3d max or blender. Apply the UV map then export all the parts of the model. Then open PCreator and join the parts together ( up to 4 at a time ), pick the texture then save it as a .p file and you can now put it into the game after some fixes in kimera.

But seriously I think the buster sword from ffx is not impressive. I suggest you use apz's buster sword or rip the swords from Jedi Academy or Facepunchstudio ( they look really awesome ). Like this one:

Furzball

• Furzball happens...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009-01-23 08:12:48 »
Wait, I am trying to understand this properly. You mean ps2 ff10(x) you went in and viewed the weapon files, one of which happened to be the buster sword!? If that is the cause I'm assuming it's a weapon for Auron but non attainable in game.

Landarma

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009-01-23 12:49:22 »
Wait, I am trying to understand this properly. You mean ps2 ff10(x) you went in and viewed the weapon files, one of which happened to be the buster sword!? If that is the cause I'm assuming it's a weapon for Auron but non attainable in game.
Or... maybe for Tidus?

Furzball

• Furzball happens...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009-01-23 14:32:35 »
well, tidus has swords, but he tends to use light swords. Buster blade tends to match the heaviness of the other blades Auron has got which is why I stated him.

BlitzNCS

• Master of nothing in particular
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #6 on: 2009-01-23 15:51:36 »
In hacking FFX, i found that unless a proper model mod is done, you can only equip the buster sword onto tidus' armour slot, which makes for some dual-weild fun :D

Furzball

• Furzball happens...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009-01-23 15:59:59 »
Holy WTF! Batman! So even though it is there it only acts like a shield. Any chance to get a pic of it please?

BlitzNCS

• Master of nothing in particular
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #8 on: 2009-01-23 16:06:17 »
i guess so, hang on, i might be able to get one, i might not...

EDIT: found one of auron doing somethign similar:

i cant get the buster sword at the moment, i'll have to get a pic myself, and thats long and tedious. if you REALLY want to see this, i guess i'll try, but i cant be bothered...
« Last Edit: 2009-01-23 16:12:10 by NeoCloudstrife »

itoikenza

• Chrono Cross Modder: http://pastebin.com/fuj8s836
    • View Profile
    • Chrono Cross Hacking Wish List!
« Reply #9 on: 2009-01-23 18:34:21 »
Well you open the 0007.ffb with FFX viewer then rip it with 3D Ripper Dx to obj or 3dr. Then open up the model with 3d max or blender.

3D Ripper Dx is not working in vista! What do i do to make it work! the only other option is for xp only!!!

Furzball

• Furzball happens...
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2009-01-24 01:06:43 »
i guess so, hang on, i might be able to get one, i might not...

EDIT: found one of auron doing somethign similar:

i cant get the buster sword at the moment, i'll have to get a pic myself, and thats long and tedious. if you REALLY want to see this, i guess i'll try, but i cant be bothered...
If it is too much trouble then I am fine without the pic. But thanks for the offer  :-D