Author Topic: leviathan trouble  (Read 5379 times)

xspudx

• View Profile
leviathan trouble
« on: 2005-05-31 19:12:02 »
hi, i have downloaded leviathan from ficedula's site but it says the file is corrupted or invalid, and there are no files to extract, what do i do about this? is there anyway i can download it properly?

EmperorSteele

• View Profile
leviathan trouble
« Reply #1 on: 2005-06-01 03:24:59 »
Didjyaaaaaa... read the readme.txt file?

rmco2003

leviathan trouble
« Reply #2 on: 2005-06-01 07:48:01 »
Try right clicking and save target as

mirex

• View Profile
    • http://mirex.mypage.sk
leviathan trouble
« Reply #3 on: 2005-06-01 08:22:56 »
here:
http://mirex.mypage.sk/index.php?selected=1

Also sometimes it says that file is invalid if you use older version of WinRar ... so try to download new one.

xspudx

• View Profile
leviathan trouble
« Reply #4 on: 2005-06-01 16:12:30 »
Quote from: mirex
here:
http://mirex.mypage.sk/index.php?selected=1

Also sometimes it says that file is invalid if you use older version of WinRar ... so try to download new one.

thanks, quick question, how do i edit because there is no edit bar, how do i bring it up?

Synergy Blades

leviathan trouble
« Reply #5 on: 2005-06-01 16:27:25 »
Edit...? What exactly are you trying to do? As far as I know Leviathan is just a model viewer, not an editor of any description.

xspudx

• View Profile
leviathan trouble
« Reply #6 on: 2005-06-01 16:40:16 »
its just a model viewer??? CRAP!!

Synergy Blades

leviathan trouble
« Reply #7 on: 2005-06-01 17:14:16 »
This is probably the last I'll say on this as I'm tired of repeating myself. FF7 is not easy to edit. It's not something that just anyone can do. You've already explained and demonstrated you don't have much technical knowledge of the subjects. Many of the people that have worked on this have years of programming and technical experience combined with a thorough understanding of the data files, structures, etc. that FF7 has. If it was so easy to edit, everyone would be doing it. Simple fact - it's not. L. Spiro has also answered this so may I kindly ask you not to post topics and threads saying "how do I change X" as if it's as easy as pressing a few buttons when it's just not.

xspudx

• View Profile
leviathan trouble
« Reply #8 on: 2005-06-01 17:18:28 »
it says that leviathan can do some editing so how do i do it?

Synergy Blades

leviathan trouble
« Reply #9 on: 2005-06-01 17:58:02 »
I'm sorry, did you read any of my post? Any of it at all?

It displays you creatures from the game along with some monster informations.

Would you like to tell me where it says Leviathan can edit?

xspudx

• View Profile
leviathan trouble
« Reply #10 on: 2005-06-01 18:05:58 »
hahahaha...no
i quote ficedula's site
Leviathan is a program than can view the battle models from FF7 (and do some preliminary editing on the animations, too).

Reunion

• View Profile
leviathan trouble
« Reply #11 on: 2005-06-01 19:02:15 »
Quote from: xspudx
(and do some preliminary editing on the animations, too).

some preliminary editing key words...

To do some preliminary editing with Leviathan you have to type 'Show controls' in the Creature info box.

Mirex's homepage:
Leviathan - is Final Fantasy 7 monsters database. It displays you creatures from the game along with some monster informations. Screwed positions are fixed on most of the creatures in latest version, textures are displayed, but still no animations.

So all you can change is the default animations...

Synergy Blades

leviathan trouble
« Reply #12 on: 2005-06-01 19:29:54 »
Ah, so with this you're going to be the first to get Sephiroth limit breaks, eh? Even despite L. Spiro's post explaining exactly why this isn't possible?  :roll:

Oh no, wait, you don't read people's posts.

mirex

• View Profile
    • http://mirex.mypage.sk
leviathan trouble
« Reply #13 on: 2005-06-02 13:07:53 »
Well yes you can somehow 'Edit' animations in the Leviathan - you can move character bones. But these changes are saved only in Leviathan, and you cannot bring them to game.
You can activate this edit feature by typing 'Show controls' in the Creature info box and pressing Enter, as Reunion mentioned. You can find this out if you read 'whatsnew.txt' which is next to Leviathan.exe

Summary is that any game editing of FF7 through Leviathan is NOT possible.