Author Topic: FF7 PROBLEM plz help me.......>.<  (Read 4892 times)

Tru_Blu

FF7 PROBLEM plz help me.......>.<
« on: 2006-09-10 09:46:08 »
Heya nice site, i recently got FF7 off my friend ( i know its a old game ) and installed it on my PC at 1st i coudnt start the game, i open it and then a black screen comes up and i hear some sounds then it closes with an error report screen that pops up. Thats when i uninstalled CCCP (Combined Community Codec Pack ) from my computer and the game worked i could start a new game and everything BUT, sometimes when i battle and run around in the levels my game freezes and another errorr report screen comes up and the game closes. Sometimes i have to restart my computer because when im playing it sometimes turns into a blue screen, and when its restarted a screen pops up saying how my system has just recovered from a critical system error and the buttons "send error report" and "Don't Send" below it can u please help me i can't find any places on the web to download Truemotion 2 and i have installed the Xp patch....please help me wat is wrong with my game????y does it crash??because i play it for a few minutes then it crashes....and by the way i have a Geforce FX5200 graphics card.

Mod Edit: Moved to Game-Tweaking.
« Last Edit: 2006-09-11 18:45:53 by Alhexx »

Cazador

• View Profile
Re: FF7 PROBLEM plz help me.......>.<
« Reply #1 on: 2006-09-10 17:53:13 »
I'm not 100% sure on this, but try using the software renderer

corpse

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006-09-10 18:06:07 »
What version are you using?

Tru_Blu

« Reply #3 on: 2006-09-11 06:06:01 »
Ummm.... wat u mean on wat version?????? and Cazador ima try ur advice now

Zack

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006-09-11 09:24:35 »
To find the version, load up FF7config and on the title it should give the version number, e.g. 1.00 or 1.02

Cazador

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006-09-11 10:59:38 »
Heya nice site, i recently got FF7 off my friend ( i know its a old game ) and installed it on my PC at 1st i coudnt start the game, i open it and then a black screen comes up and i hear some sounds then it closes with an error report screen that pops up. Thats when i uninstalled CCCP (Combined Community Codec Pack ) from my computer and the game worked i could start a new game and everything BUT, sometimes when i battle and run around in the levels my game freezes and another errorr report screen comes up and the game closes. Sometimes i have to restart my computer because when im playing it sometimes turns into a blue screen, and when its restarted a screen pops up saying how my system has just recovered from a critical system error and the buttons "send error report" and "Don't Send" below it can u please help me i can't find any places on the web to download Truemotion 2 and i have installed the Xp patch....please help me wat is wrong with my game????y does it crash??because i play it for a few minutes then it crashes....and by the way i have a Geforce FX5200 graphics card.

he said he has the XP Patch. now by the xp patch do you mean version 1.02 or animevamp's 1.04? go for 1.02 cause its the official release

Tru_Blu

« Reply #6 on: 2006-09-11 12:20:59 »
i got the animevamp one

Asdayasman13

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006-09-11 15:44:37 »
there's your problem

Zack

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006-09-11 23:46:33 »
delete the animevamp patch and unistall FF7 completely. Then reinstall FF7 and install the 1.02 patch found at http://aaron-kelley.net/hosting/ffsf/patch.html. Then under the graphics select direct 3d renderer (you may need to force it). If that doesn't work try using the software renderer.

James

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006-09-12 04:28:43 »
I noticed that the AnimeVamp patch is actually on download.com and similar sites, and it has positive ratings there...

No wonder why people download it, eh?

Asdayasman13

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006-09-13 21:27:41 »
Positive?  Some people have no recognition of tat.

Tru_Blu

« Reply #11 on: 2006-09-16 05:12:15 »
Thanks i tried ur suggestions now the game hasnt crashed anymore but wats wrong wif the animevamp patch???

James

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006-09-16 05:48:40 »
It's just a compilation of the 1.02 patch released by Eidos along with the Chocobo patch. It does not thank or give credit to either parties.

And it screws around with Windows so as to make the music play better - most of the time it doesn't and affects out-of-game music performance, and it does this without asking (which is a definite no-no).

Plus, there are other accounts of it affecting other parts of the game... basically, don't download it.