Author Topic: How to use the Reunion with 7th Heaven  (Read 5251 times)

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
How to use the Reunion with 7th Heaven
« on: 2015-12-28 05:54:17 »
Ok I see that some of you can't wait for the update of the Catalog and want to use the Reunion now.
Here is a quick and hopefully complete tutorial how you have to set up both 7H and Hextlaunch to work together:

At first you have to install the Reunion mod. Please use a fresh install of the game, but it's not a problem if you only have used 7H to mod the game nor if you have used new textures from the mods folder.
If it is installed open the new folder HL_Files and open Settings.ini with a text editor. Move the entry 'FF7.exe' from 'File' to 'Process ='.

It should look like that.
Code: [Select]
[HextLaunch]
File=
Process=FF7.exe
Window=
LoadHext=1
InjectDLL=1
NoInput=1
Delay=1000

If you have installed 7H already and/or have used the GC move the files from DLL_in to HL_Files/DLL_in (do the same if you have a hext in folder). Open FF7_opengl.cfg and change the modpath to use Textures instead Reunion you can also delete 'load_library = Multi.dll' because it's not needed anymore. Save and exit. Now you must move the files from mods/reunion to mods/textures (or you rename reunion to textures).
Now it's time to install 7H (skip that if you already have done that). Open 7H and go to settings. At also launch you must place the file path of by the Reunion created file FF7+.exe. Mine looks like this:
Code: [Select]
D:\Games\Steam\SteamApps\common\FINAL FANTASY VII\FF7_Launch.exe**This is my FF7+.exe

If you now start the game through 7th Heaven it should open command box (it's Hextlaunch) and the game should start with the Reunion activated.
« Last Edit: 2015-12-29 07:21:56 by Kaldarasha »

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
Re: How to use the Reunion with 7th Heaven
« Reply #1 on: 2015-12-28 06:18:36 »
Thank you Kaldarasha :)

I actually needed this info. I will have the Game Converter setup these new files/folders once I figure this all out myself.

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2015-12-28 09:24:26 »
Well as you may have seen I have 7h installed in my steam folder. If you change the name of 7th heaven to ff7launcer.exe and the ff7.exe to ff7_en.exe (depending on your language de, sp, fr) you can start the game through steam. I also have placed the steam_api.DLL in dll_in but don't know if that will do anything.

Beau Gilliam

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2015-12-29 01:12:43 »
Wow, man! It worked really well!

I think it's important to clarify people of what to check before saying it didn't work (That's what I needed to do before it worked fine):

1) Check if the the "also launch" feature on Settings directs to "FF7+.exe", not "FF7.exe" or "FF7_Launcher.exe";
2) Check is FF7Config's Sound tab is not blank (open it as ADMIN);
3) Don't forget to use the FF7DISC1 image;
4) Reinstall "ff7_opengl-0.8.1b". If there's a problem, it's not gonna work at all.

By the way, Kaldarasha do you think it might be possible to install Team Avalanche's GUI as well? I'd love to use its menu/dialogue box/transparent battle command interface with widescreen battle background. Sorry if I'm sounding repetitive with this request...