Author Topic: ff8 - no ingame music - solved!  (Read 3328 times)

ribafish

ff8 - no ingame music - solved!
« on: 2008-12-18 14:58:46 »
first of all i'm no newb in installing and making games like ff8 to work but in this case i'm desperate. i used to google for couple of days for a solution but with no result. so here it is:

i did play ff8 about a month ago. it worked flawless! after that i uninstalled the game and installed ff7. worked with no problem, too. later, ff7 was uninstalled and i wanted to play ff8 one more time and there it was...no ingame music?! i don't understand it. i did all steps like the 1st time to install it. the sounds in game are there but with no music. i mean for example watching the dance scene with rinoa and squall with no music is a sad experience...

i believe it has something to do with my directmusic midi. in dxdiag (directx diagnostic tool) when i test directmusic it says: "DirectMusic test results: Failure at step 2 (Creating the IDirectMusicLoader object): HRESULT = 0x80040154 (Class not registered)". i tried already to reinstall my sound card...re-roll directx from 9.0c to 8.1 from windows xp cd...and some other steps but with no success.

i don't know what to do...ff8 is like for me the best game ever so any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciate!!

p.s. sry for my bad english.
« Last Edit: 2008-12-28 18:55:15 by ribafish »

nfitc1

• I just don't know what went wrong.
    • View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
Re: ff8 - no ingame music - help!
« Reply #1 on: 2008-12-22 17:37:23 »
What happens when you try to configure sound using the FF8Config? Your DirectMusic port may be wrong.

PS - Your English is better than most people's at this forum. ;)

ribafish

Re: ff8 - no ingame music - help!
« Reply #2 on: 2008-12-25 19:58:07 »
What happens when you try to configure sound using the FF8Config? Your DirectMusic port may be wrong.

PS - Your English is better than most people's at this forum. ;)

phew! actually it was fixed when i was trying to solve an another error in other game. all i had to do was install a directx 9.0b over my 8.1 :roll:

now i can browse this forum with pleasure to find something interesting!

PS - thx